I'm looking places to play and stay in Washington DC.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm meeting Bora Saturday night at Lucy's around 8:30. Who else is in? I'm looking at you, Walter, Andrew, Creedo, Billy (and others)!

I'll call them today and see if I can reserve two of the good tables by the door. I'll even cover the first two hours of table time.

Cory

I'll see what I can do Cory, thx for the invite. Thinking about going to Sterling for their Action Pool thingy Sunday so really need to practice one way or another if I did

they have 'good tables' there? :)

:eek: ... will there be LIVE music there? please tell me NO ... :eek:

Last edited:

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll see what I can do Cory, thx for the invite. Thinking about going to Sterling for their Action Pool thingy Sunday so really need to practice one way or another if I did

Billy...Practice !!! you don't need practice! you have a stroke that shoots straighter than women's eyes !!

Cory, will try to stop by on Saturday night to say high.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Danny Green and someone redid the four by the door over the summer, whereas the others are in pretty rough shape. The ones by the door are also farther from the music area, which might have a band.

I'll gladly let you beat up on me to help you warm up for Sterling.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy...Practice !!! you don't need practice! you have a stroke that shoots straighter than women's eyes !!

Cory, will try to stop by on Saturday night to say high.

Great! I would have included you directly, but I thought 8:30 was after your curfew.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great! I would have included you directly, but I thought 8:30 was after your curfew.

Thanks Cory, never doubted your gentleman spirit. You are right though, with my new long commute work, and "empty nest syndrome" i have not been shooting night shifts lately, i am mixing between Lucy's and Fairfax Fast Eddies (FFE), FFE closer a bit, hotter girls there, hope to find actions over there one day!!.:groucho:

If Fast Eddies Springfield were smoke free, you can find me there every day, lots of action there i love it, but with my contact lenses and the "morning after" inhaling that much smoke effect, i tend to stay away, once in a blue moon i stop by there, smoke is really too much after 6 PM.

Later

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I'm going to head out, perk might drop in later in the evening just to say hi.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I didn't realize you were so far... that's a bummer. I do return to new england every so often though.
Let me know if you ever go north of CT.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like I will be in Bethesda MD Monday and Tuesday and may be looking to play some tuesday night before heading home to CT.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like I will be in Bethesda MD Monday and Tuesday and may be looking to play some tuesday night before heading home to CT.

I'm about 5 minutes from Bethesda, but there ain't no pool rooms close by.

If you don't mind surliness and flies with no charge, there's a pretty cool neighborhood tavern with one pool table in it up the Pike called "Hank Dietle's." It's right on Route 355, which is I'm sure where you're staying. ;)

Here is an article about it ---> HERE

Right across the street from Hank's is White Flint Mall. They do have a Dave and Buster's there, which has pool tables, which might be an option for you.

Me, I prefer my Hank's, where I was first introduced to pool. Oh, if those walls could talk. Haven't been there in a while, but it's a cool place to get a brewskie and shoot a few balls.

Wisconsin Avenue and Route 355 and Rockville Pike are the same roadway. If you're in Bethesda, you can take the Metro Subway up to the Rockville stop by Grosvernor Park Apartments, which is probably only one or two stops away. Then it's about a 2-block walk. Going north, Hank's is on your left. If Hanks' doesn't give you that pool high, then just walk across the street to Dave & Buster's in the White Flint Mall. If you're in Bethesda, this is your best option for pool. I think you'll have more fun at Hank's, though. :)

Attachments

• Dietles2-1024x568.jpg
    Dietles2-1024x568.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 92

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite Hank's photo. :grin-square:

Oh, yeah, they party. :wink:

Attachments

• 561646_431596943568854_1952569979_n.jpg
    561646_431596943568854_1952569979_n.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 64

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite Hank's photo. :grin-square:

Oh, yeah, they party. :wink:

Thanks JAM Hank's looks like a great place but not for pool. I may try and stop there for a beer if i have time.
It looks like I will be done with what I have to do Tuesday around 5pm. So instead of trying to drive back to CT I may stay in the area and find a good room. I will have a car so can anyone recommend a good room north of bethesda?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JAM Hank's looks like a great place but not for pool. I may try and stop there for a beer if i have time.
It looks like I will be done with what I have to do Tuesday around 5pm. So instead of trying to drive back to CT I may stay in the area and find a good room. I will have a car so can anyone recommend a good room north of bethesda?

All the so-called pool rooms in D.C. area are more like sports bars with loud music and drinking and big-screen TVs. The closest pool room in Maryland that I can think of that would give you that "pool room feel" would be all the way up in Frederick, Maryland, Champions, but it's about an hour drive from Bethesda. Nice pool room, though. They do have good food, music, and a bar, but the pool room area is off to the side.

If you go to Virginia and can fade the smoke, there's Fast Eddie's in Springfield. Action there, and player beware. ;)

First Break in Sterling, Virginia, is small but nice. I couldn't even begin to tell you how to get there, though. It's confusing, and if you're an out-of-towner, it would be hard to find.

Downtown D.C. proper, again, the pool rooms are like bars. Not really a pool room feel.

If you want to drive and feel adventurous, there's always Top Hat Cue Club in Parkville, Maryland. Cigar Tom Vanover works there. I would imagine the atmosphere there is like a real pool room, one you would enjoy.

We don't have any pool rooms down here like Snooker's in Providence, sad to say.

Oh, yeah, there's that one in Midlothian, Virginia, that is getting rave reviews: Diamond Billiards. Again, it would be a long drive, maybe 2 hours or so drive, depending on the time of day. If you get into rush hour, it could be a 5-hour drive. Just a warning. :eek:

If you're looking for a real old-fashioned pool room feel, you won't find it around here. If you want to just hit some balls, there are some yup spots, like I suggested earlier. But they're only yup spots with equipment and no atmosphere. :frown: