Billiard Glasses

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Does anyone have an experience with Gordon Harrison to share? He is an Optician in Quebec that makes billiard eye glasses at a very competitive price. I have spoken with Gordon over the phone and he seems to be the real deal as well as being a nice person. Just wondering if there are any experiences out there to share.

Thanks,

Lou

Last edited:

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm extremely happy with the single-vision billiard glasses purchased from Gordon Harrison. At first, I ordered progressive lenses and I wasn't able to adjust to them for shooting pool. Gordon provided me with a set of single vision lenses at no extra cost.
Be sure to order lenses with the AR anti-reflection coating. This helps to greatly reduce glare from the lights surrounding the pool table.

Lucasi53

Registered
Glasses

Showing my ignorance - (and I have not looked for details) - but I am thinking the only need is for oversize glasses (to prevent looking over the top of the lenses as you bend down to shoot,).

By comparison, watch some old footage of Martina Navritralota (sp?) playing tennis. In her later years, she wore large "aviator" style. I believe these were needed as she tossed the ball in the air on her serve, she could look through the top of the lenses (not over them).

My vision struggles when I play. My glasses do not help due to my stance and head position. I just play. Young guns don't comprehend and don't care.

Good Luck.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I'm extremely happy with the single-vision billiard glasses purchased from Gordon Harrison. At first, I ordered progressive lenses and I wasn't able to adjust to them for shooting pool. Gordon provided me with a set of single vision lenses at no extra cost.
Be sure to order lenses with the AR anti-reflection coating. This helps to greatly reduce glare from the lights surrounding the pool table.

Thanks,

Did you get an RX for a specific distance or did Gordon adjust from a regular RX?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just curious why you chose who you did over others??
do you live in canada??

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
curious to know why you are curious. are you an optician?

i am not an optician
if you search my posts i have bought and really like my billiard glasses from william curran
http://www.williamcurranopticians.com/
i wasnt going to sidetrack your thread by mentioning that since you were specific in the maker you were using
i was just curious why you chose gordon harrison

Last edited:

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
i am not an optician
if you search my posts i have bought and really like my billiard glasses from william curran
http://www.williamcurranopticians.com/
i wasnt going to sidetrack your thread by mentioning that since you were specific in the maker you were using
i was just curious why you chose gordon harrison

since you brought him up,i find his prices too high

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
since you brought him up,i find his prices too high
Agreed.
I took the pictures of the frames to my local optics dispenser and paid for oversize lenses with the focal point at the top, anti-glare coating for half the cost.

Last edited:

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Agreed.
I took the pictures of the frames to my local optics desenser and paid for oversize lenses with the focal point at the top, anti-glare coating for half the cost.

interesting...how do they work?

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
He is nice until you have a problem, and then you will need some K-Y.
You can also google snooker glasses, england and find some. Galsses4 less I think is one.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the helpful article reference.
The article states: ...."I went with another supplier because this company does not ask for any photographs of you or any eye measurements and the other two do. I just like the idea that my glasses are custom-made for me, but Gordon says he has never had any fitting problems. Still, if they do, there is no warranty that covers proper fit."
That statement is not entirely accurate. The order form for Billiard Eyeglasses requires the pupillary distance (PD) as provided by the vision prescription. So it does not need to be measured by alternative methods, such as a face picture with a business card.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Thank you for the helpful article reference.
The article states: ...."I went with another supplier because this company does not ask for any photographs of you or any eye measurements and the other two do. I just like the idea that my glasses are custom-made for me, but Gordon says he has never had any fitting problems. Still, if they do, there is no warranty that covers proper fit."
That statement is not entirely accurate. The order form for Billiard Eyeglasses requires the pupillary distance (PD) as provided by the vision prescription. So it does not need to be measured by alternative methods, such as a face picture with a business card.

the article looks more like a sales pitch