Throwing opponent's chalk on the floor

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Looks like Mika's antics are catching on.

Always interesting to see what's the latest in pool player's gentlemanly behavior...

https://youtu.be/4X6Fgj0Oln4?t=31m3s

Well being a Pat's fan certainly explains your rationale for calling this "throwing chalk" and implying that Mitch Ellerman is un-gentlemanly.

Are you serious right now?? I'm genuinely asking you, 9Ballr, are you serious?

What is going on here these days, where a guy calls out a pretty well liked and respected player on the premise of watching a clip of him move TWO cubes of chalk getting into a p-s-r, and having one accidentally fall to the ground.

How gentlemanly of you :bow-down::bow-down:

It's chalk, guy. Let it go......

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know mitch from when he lived over in Bloomington il. He is not the kind of player to try to throw the opponents chalk. It appears that he accidentally knocked it off the table.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I know mitch from when he lived over in Bloomington il. He is not the kind of player to try to throw the opponents chalk. It appears that he accidentally knocked it off the table.

I liked him more when I thought he tossed the chalk off the table ;)

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Even if he threw it on the floor, who the fug cares. Guys in baseball throw a round hard object at your head, hurling in at up to 100mph, on purpose. And yes, that will sting, not to mention, break some bones in the face. Heck, some guys careers cut short from getting hit in the eye socket.

But, throwing some chalk on the floor is upsetting to some. When did pool get so soft ? I though they were the "grinders", the back alley dudes, the hustlers, the guys who stay up all night and play all day, the ones who bark and throw their money on the table, will sometimes even get into a scruff or two, and who will take a cue stick to the head and like it :)

What the hell happened ;)

They better not throw my Magic Chalk on the ground! Otherwise they're getting thrown on the ground!!

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That greasy chalk

If you bring that $30 greasy chalk to my house and use it, it will get tossed, not pm the floor, but out the window. That crap is almost impossible to clean off the table.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience, some guys are more persnickety about their opponent’s chalk being left on the table than others. 3C players and Europeans in particular. I recall one incident involving an amateur 3C player (who shall remain nameless) who courteously handed his opponent’s chalk back to him... the first time it was left on the table.

Also the second time.

The third time, he approached the table and accomplished a high speed sweep of the rail with his cue, sending the offending cube rocketing into a wall where it exploded with a loud crack.

His opponent found himself a new chalk and religiously retrieved it after each of his innings from there on out.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience, some guys are more persnickety about their opponent’s chalk being left on the table than others. 3C players and Europeans in particular. I recall one incident involving an amateur 3C player (who shall remain nameless) who courteously handed his opponent’s chalk back to him... the first time it was left on the table.

Also the second time.

The third time, he approached the table and accomplished a high speed sweep of the rail with his cue, sending the offending cube rocketing into a wall where it exploded with a loud crack.

His opponent found himself a new chalk and religiously retrieved it after each of his inning from there on out.

Lou Figueroa

When a player leaves the table and his chalk is not in his back pocket but left on the table I would always put it in my back pocket and next time he got to the table he would be scratching his head looking for it. Sometimes I might end up with a dozen chalks in my back pocket before the idiot caught on.....lol:eek::grin-square::rolleyes::cool:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnybgood

Point I was making, if someone brings that 30 chalk to my home, to play on my, 1943 Brunswick snooker table, with 760, I will not not let them play. That chalk is greasy and is really hard to get off the cloth.
I do not go into pool balls and knock chalk off the pool tables, I don't give a shot what other people do to their tables, just what they do to my home table

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
*shrugs* - I didn't think it was all that big of a deal. Oh well. Of course I used to leave chalk on the table for other players as a courtesy - seeing the pissy hissy-fits being tossed about though - I'll try to not do that anymore so you ladies aren't offended and troubled to have to move that great big huge piece of chalk an inch or two.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Come on.

Can't we leave you guys alone for just a few minuets?

Put a lid on the machismo

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Apologies

Come on.

Can't we leave you guys alone for just a few minuets?

Put a lid on the machismo

I'm sorry Mr. Wilson. I was trying to be funny in my first post on this thread, mainly because it was obviously an accident that the chalk was bumped from the rail to the floor. I didn't mean to upset anyone.