John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
sent many hustlers away without their stuff using house cues off the wall. Let's just say I did, be no different than his claim. You believe anything you here

Broah, you couldn’t even see me on a pool table, let alone on the Juggling Field. And especially using a...house cue :rotflmao1::rotflmao: do I have to kick at the 8 after ye scratch too?

I believe or doubt what I heAr based on its rational likelihoodness. We all know John is top of the pile when it comes to high run attempts. It’s his thing. Say what you will with regards to it’s relevance or whatevs but deny it you cannot. JS is the high run attempt master and it’s more likely that he’d run 626 than lie about running 626.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He, may in fact be the HIGH RUN ATTEMPT master, but that's all! Never run more that 464, then suddenly found some secret and in four days, says run 626, not so fast johnboy. Hasn't come within 475 balls of duplicating that claim. More like reality. Hope he can tell his secret finding to the viewer crowd so they and you can get above your normal hi runs.

The after party is at my house, I'm going to throw on the world soccer juggling record, its 30 hours of non-stop ball control.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Napkin math, could be totally off -

John turned down $10,000.

At $50 a head, he'd need 200 viewers to make 10k before expenses.

I dunno what the expenses are, but I feel like $200 per stop would be pretty good.

If he can get 35 people at 7 different tour stops, he's got his 10k, plus expenses,
plus a smidge more.

The thing is, it's a gamble whether you get 35 viewers or just 15.
$200 is reasonable only if all 7 stops are within reasonable drive or short flight.

If everything goes great, you make only a hair more than the $10,000 that was previously offered,
and you spend a week working and travelling, vs. just sending an internet link to Predator or whoever
and typing "ok, here's the video, do what you want with it".

Plus, the net result is... instead of tens of thousands of people getting a pretty good video,
you got 200 people getting something much better, but it's something they can only enjoy one time
and cannot pause or rewind or whatever.

I dunno. I feel like it's theoretically possible for John to make some money this way,
but he's gonna have to work harder and make fewer 'customers' happy.

Reactions: LC3

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as they have any income stream, John's team should very soon think about getting something classy like this created by some good present-day graphic artist of Dave Harrington's caliber for a fixed fee and sold as a hand-signed (by John) limited edition of 626 lithographs on sturdy archival stock -- just as was done in printing of 526 while Willie was alive. They could offer them directly on their John Schmidt website and also reserve some for hand-signing at any of his tour appearances. Maybe price them at about $120 unframed initially, then raise the price upwards as the edition begins to sell out. Could well eventually return substantially more than $80,000 minus the fixed fees of the artist and the printing company.

Just some unsolicited advice as a fan of John's terrific accomplishment.
Mosconi poster 526 - signed by Willie edition of 526.jpg

Arnaldo (not meant as an advertisement for Harrington's poster)

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I can’t imagine a basketball player breaking the consecutive free throw record and then charging people money to view it.

On a completely side note, I guarantee you no professional basketball player is ever going to break the consecutive free throw record, which is an astounding 5,221 by Ted St. Martin, who never so much as even played college basketball.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
He, may in fact be the HIGH RUN ATTEMPT master, but that's all! Never run more that 464, then suddenly found some secret and in four days, says run 626, not so fast johnboy. Hasn't come within 475 balls of duplicating that claim. More like reality. Hope he can tell his secret finding to the viewer crowd so they and you can get above your normal hi runs.

Oh...I can juggle. I’ve recently done 676 fast juggles without a drop. There’s no clear distinction between fast juggling and regular but I kept the balls low and quick as possible for 676. It was in10z. I was in a trance and couldn’t say how long it took but it was extremely decent. Check out my (official) high 1 minute run: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?495680&p=6423642#post6423642

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh...I can juggle. I’ve recently done 676 fast juggles without a drop. There’s no clear distinction between fast juggling and regular but I kept the balls low and quick as possible for 676. It was in10z. I was in a trance and couldn’t say how long it took but it was extremely decent. Check out my (official) high 1 minute run: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?495680&p=6423642#post6423642

You caught one against your chest. I call a foul on you! :grin:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
You caught one against your chest. I call a foul on you! :grin:

Hey! As long as they keep moving and nothing hits the floor I’m counting it lol. I even count when I have to “one hand” it for a second or two to get back in line. This takes more time up so it’s a fair trade.

Sorry, not even spared by the clutch move. Caught by the untruthful police. Speeding again, alas! Must have happened during that trance. Back to the drawing board. Too easy!

Not sure what this means but I’ll take it as high praise for Herculean efforts at a silly task.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey! As long as they keep moving and nothing hits the floor I’m counting it lol. I even count when I have to “one hand” it for a second or two to get back in line. This takes more time up so it’s a fair trade.

Not sure what this means but I’ll take it as high praise for Herculean efforts at a silly task.

Fake news.:)

Ha. For your next trick I challenge you to some of this
juggling.
https://youtu.be/JCDv0zW8Jyc

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I'm impressed, I played every sport pretty well ,walked on my hands ,rode a unicycle , but never could juggle or play a instrument,
Here I thought you were a old guy why ain't you out there playing pool ?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well I'm impressed, I played every sport pretty well ,walked on my hands ,rode a unicycle , but never could juggle or play a instrument,
Here I thought you were a old guy why ain't you out there playing pool ?

Blame it on the Single dad life. I’d be out every night if I could but after work I get to the daycare 20 minutes before they close, now I’m back in this area away from all the pool halls with a kid that’s got to sleep by 9 or so lol.

My poor old table gets a lot of use because of that, the thing is literally starting to fall apart.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
On a completely side note, I guarantee you no professional basketball player is ever going to break the consecutive free throw record, which is an astounding 5,221 by Ted St. Martin, who never so much as even played college basketball.

As I was typing that, I thought I had some memory of the person you speak of. I think I saw him on a youtube video about why it’s impossible to break a certain free throw success %. There’s a series of them; “Why it’s impossible to climb a speed wall faster than XXX”, “Why it’s impossible to swim faster than XXX.”

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s similar to English billiards. It’s just not particularly enjoyable watching high level long format billiards. I accompanied a friend who was playing in the world billiard championships. It was amazing. One day spectating, on the table I was closest to, my friend was on a 300 break against Mike Russel. Behind me, Geet Sethi was on a 200 break. Next to him, another Indian player was on a 200 break. The skill on display was breath taking.

And every single day, without fail, I fell asleep in the bleachers.

Haha
He has a better shot at making big bucks (like 6 digits) by going another tangent- write ( or pay cheap ghostwriter) to write a movie script or book about his exploits and shop the script to Hollywood. But it should be more a compelling story of the struggles rather than just another boring story about straight pool. The biggest sports movie this decade was not a movie about major sports. It was a movie many have never heard of called Dangal which grossed $300+ million at box office.

If it was free on YouTube I still wouldn't sit through it.

Correct correct

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
He has a better shot at making big bucks (like 6 digits) by going another tangent- write ( or pay cheap ghostwriter) to write a movie script or book about his exploits and shop the script to Hollywood. ...

He has a very remote teeny tiny chance of making some money selling DVDs or PPV and even exhibitions which is 189 times as likely as your movie plan. I can think of a hundred more compelling stories to pitch as a sports movie plot. There are a dozen just in the history of NASCAR that can't get any traction and it's 27,000 times as popular as pool.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I would find 5 hours of watching a 14.1 exhibition spectacularly boring. Sometimes the important thing is the accomplishment, sometimes the important thing is the process. This falls squarely on the former, IMO.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha
He has a better shot at making big bucks (like 6 digits) by going another tangent- write ( or pay cheap ghostwriter) to write a movie script or book about his exploits and shop the script to Hollywood. But it should be more a compelling story of the struggles rather than just another boring story about straight pool. The biggest sports movie this decade was not a movie about major sports. It was a movie many have never heard of called Dangal which grossed $300+ million at box office.

Correct correct

Your post made me think of the Searching for Bobby Fischer movie, one of my favorites.

A quote from the movie...
“He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. My son has a gift. He has a gift, and when you acknowledge that, then maybe we will have something to talk about.”

Last edited: