Mosconi Cup Day 4 - Lineup

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Cup is over.....time to shake hands...players and fans alike.
...the biggest winner was the game of pool.

And time to give Klenti some comfort and understanding.....
...the Albanian earthquake’s epicentre was just 22 miles west of Klenti’s hometown.

D228DC8E-9604-4B1F-8681-F0CDBDD380A4.jpeg

....I hope is family is okay.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to head home for Thanksgiving, wasn’t there for the end but watched it, so awesome. I’m glad Filler got humbled. Shaw chewing him out was not beneficial.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to head home for Thanksgiving, wasn’t there for the end but watched it, so awesome. I’m glad Filler got humbled. Shaw chewing him out was not beneficial.

Wish they were mic'd up for that interaction. Not sure what Shaw was saying, but he seem heated.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a strong American team. I think Tyler is fine, but I would be okay with most players in his spot as long as we had SVB, Sky, Bergman and Thorpe

I think a better Euro team would be Filler, Shaw, Kaci, Ouschan and Gorst
Like you said, there will be changes on the European side, and I’m guessing that team you suggested will be the exact European team next year. I’d be surprised if Chamat returns as coach. You’ve got to put up your best five players and leaving Filler off last year‘s team and Ouschan off this year‘s team is unexcusable.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a strong American team. I think Tyler is fine, but I would be okay with most players in his spot as long as we had SVB, Sky, Bergman and Thorpe

I think a better Euro team would be Filler, Shaw, Kaci, Ouschan and Gorst

Today Tyler gave away 3 of 5 games to Kaci. Bad misses when he was in line and running out. Not steady like he's been.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shaw and Filler both cave. Couldn’t get any better than that! Congrats to our guys.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Filler shot at the 4, just missed, sent the 9 right up in front of the side, leaving Sky the 4 and the easy 5-9 combination for the cup and a lock on MVP.

I don't think Filler was trying to cut the 4 in, I think he was either trying to spin off the end cushion behind the 4 and kick it up table, or play off the left side of the 4 banking it up table and trying to bring his cueball up behind the 9.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats for team USA. They were the better TEAM again this year.
It's time for Europe to not just rely on the talent they have ...thinking they will come and outperform the americans. I would say Johan outperformed Marcus with all the job done...
It's a shame the european fans had to hope Filler would help the team Europe to survive. It's a shame to put single player even such a talented one in such circumstances. It's all Marcus Shamat's responsibility for what happened this year too.
At the end it was a great pretty competitive MC with a big crowd watching which is good for the sport. So Matchroom should be fairly happy because now there is no blow out (with no day 4) and the interest to the event is coming back and may grow:smile:

If Matchroom put up with the early century stinkers, this will keep them on board in itself for the next 10 years!

Full disclosure - I was not an MC fan for many years.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler shot at the 4, just missed, sent the 9 right up in front of the side, leaving Sky the 4 and the easy 5-9 combination for the cup and a lock on MVP.
Personally I didn’t care for the way Sky prematurely celebrated the win even before pocketing the final combo. To me, it lacked class, as something I’d expect to see from Shaw or Filler, but not Woodward.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I didn’t care for the way Sky prematurely celebrated the win even before pocketing the final combo. To me, it lacked class, as something I’d expect to see from Shaw or Filler, but not Woodward.

It’s the mosconi cup. That’s what people love about it. They all act like that because it gets the crowd going. Don’t watch if you hate it so much.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I feel bad for Filler, to lose the cup and get booed right after lol.

I think they encourage some trash talking and mostly Filler was just playing the part.

Nope

Nope

I’m just glad USA won!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's how to play a race to 5 and not a race to 20+.

I realize mens pro 9ball is played aggressively.
It seems many of the errors this year on both
teams have come from very attacking shots.

Where in years past, I felt that part of the reason
we kept getting spanked was due to Europe
playing a more contained game and crushing
our mistakes.

Maybe some of the guys who are struggling are
taking these shots on in hopes of building some
personal momentum. Not quite sure.

Am I way off base here?