Roys looking for matches for Filler

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is awesome, but count me for one who would bet on Filler to win playing even 10 ball. Filler turning down that game takes him down a peg from legend status in my mind. Back to reality:)

Thanks Mars for trying to make a game. That would have been a hell of a match!

I’m going to have to agree with you here. To me, Filler has showed no fear or hesitation until now. He was looking for Shane at derby and it got nowhere.
I understand that his wife shut him down against DO at the International Open because he had a match early the next morning. But this is different.

Also, he isn’t short on backers, so this turn down is on him and him alone.

Did that last match against Skyler really get in his head?
Let’s flip the script....let’s say Filler wins that match and Europe went on to win the Cup with Filler as MVP....do we think he turns down Shane on this one?
Not a chance.

So my two takeaways are...1. Filler wont take on anyone and anytime. 2. That loss to Skyler has effected him.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
So my two takeaways are...1. Filler wont take on anyone and anytime. 2. That loss to Skyler has effected him.

Not likely. Filler will pay Shane all day long at nine ball, the primary competitive game in the world of pro pool, and the game which pros must focus on to earn a living at pool.

According to previous posts, Shane isn't interested in playing Filler high-stakes nine ball. Can't say I blame him, as in the past eighteen months, Shane has rarely finished higher than Filller in the most elite nine ball events.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not likely. Filler will pay Shane all day long at nine ball, the primary competitive game in the world of pro pool, and the game which pros must focus on to earn a living at pool.

According to previous posts, Shane isn't interested in playing Filler high-stakes nine ball. Can't say I blame him, as in the past eighteen months, Shane has rarely finished higher than Filller in the most elite nine ball events.

he didn't finish higher in world 10-ball championship either

i don't understand why filler won't play 10-ball. even with RYO and every other stipulation shane has, i think filler could win

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I’m going to have to agree with you here. To me, Filler has showed no fear or hesitation until now. He was looking for Shane at derby and it got nowhere.
I understand that his wife shut him down against DO at the International Open because he had a match early the next morning. But this is different.

Also, he isn’t short on backers, so this turn down is on him and him alone.

Did that last match against Skyler really get in his head?
Let’s flip the script....let’s say Filler wins that match and Europe went on to win the Cup with Filler as MVP....do we think he turns down Shane on this one?
Not a chance.

You cant be serious

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
he didn't finish higher in world 10-ball championship either

i don't understand why filler won't play 10-ball. even with RYO and every other stipulation shane has, i think filler could win

Of course Josh could win, but it's tough action. Filler beat JL Chang in action, who has owned SVB in 10-ball, at the Derby last year. Then again, JL Chang beat Filler in the Bigfoot Final a couple of nights earlier. Why should Josh give in to every SVB demand, though? Games are supposed to be negotiated, not demanded. Why shouldn't Josh look for an easier assignment than RYO winner breaks 10-ball?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As far as i know , Filler might think he wants to play 10 ball but Roy’s group isn’t running to that game and Mars has posted that’s what they are looking for
I don’t know when 10 ball all of a sudden took over as the gold standard from 9 ball that’s long been that for decades,, it’s clear to me it’s because of Shane’s break where he has the decided advantage
So that’s telling me that in 9 ball where the break is more even they don’t want any part of that or Mars would have said that in his post

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler has issues with being down and coming back. In other words, HE DOESN'T LOSE WELL.

Anyone that's ever played any sport at a high level knows that the very first thing you learn is:

How to handle defeat so it doesn't wreck your chances of coming back from behind after you slip and your opponent capitalizes on that slip.

Filler's lack of experience with losing would be a huge liability to him and his backers in a looonnngggg race with a well-rounded SEASONED champion at their best.

You know what we call people that lack the ability to handle a big hit that shakes them? Well, we call em front runners.

Was Efren a front runner? Hell no. He was waayyy down and came back to beat the Pearl.

I just dont see young Filler being a killer in that setting. What I do see is Filler tearing up and needing a hug.

Filler best stay with the other 99% of the pros and 9 ball. He won't like it with SVB's 10 ball game in a long grinding match. IMO, Filler couldn't handle the ups and downs.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot his avatar but he's SC5Thom, Thomas Scott from Texas having fun on Facebook.

Is SC5Thom the guy with the swimming avi?

I thought that guy went by Gypsy...or Gypsy-something???

The guy I'm talking about Wolfs at most everyone when action is mentioned.

Just curious.

Jeff

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is SC5Thom the guy with the swimming avi?

I thought that guy went by Gypsy...or Gypsy-something???

The guy I'm talking about Wolfs at most everyone when action is mentioned.

Just curious.

Jeff

that's it! gypsy-soul

internet bravado at its funniest

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

9-Ball may be the primary tournament game but it is definitely not the primary money game for the top players. As we both know, Ten Ball is a little more difficult and thus a better test of skill among the very best players. That's about as simple as I can make it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Filler can play some seriously good 10 ball....he was runner up to Chang on the 10 foot table Bigfoot 10 ball at DCC. He was also runner up to little Ko and the world 10 ball this year.
You and I have discussed in other threads that this kid has had success all over the planet in the last two years more than any other pool player’s 2 years in any era.

He is a remarkable player, and world #1... why not play Shane now at 10 ball when he’s finished higher than Shane in the big 2019 10 ball tournaments?
I think if Joshua responded with a sure to the 10 ball but in 5 separate races to 20...that would have added a nice twist to Shane’s offer to make it more palatable to Filler.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cant be serious

The kid can flat out play. I’ve been in awe at him and the successful 2018/2019 he had..
He called out Shane after that second Mosconi match and declared himself the new king.
He must have known the offer was coming in 10 ball which is Shane’s game, and Joshua has finished higher in 2019 10 ball Bigfoot and world championships than Shane.

Yes, this backdown was out of Filler’s resume until today.
This is not insignificant when a player says he’s the new king.

And I think he could take Shane at best of 5 race to 20 10 ball. He just took on three top USA players in Mosconi and won 18 -6! The kid is on fire!

So disappointing he is not playing Shane.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as Shane could make sure that every ball is frozen he would play Filler with a neutral racker.

Most people have no idea that all anyone wants in 10 ball is a tight rack, gaps don't help you make a ball or get more action.

Filler knows he can't break and run 45% of the 10 ball racks, Shane can and does consistently with and without him racking.

How about trying to find someone to stake Filler with a neutral racker using a template and the players can complain if all the balls are not froze.

Good Luck!

Why not have them play best 2 out of 3 sets (races to 50).

Set 1 - 10ball, RYO

Set 2 - 9ball, RYO

Set 3 (if needed) - can be decided by the player that is up the most games.

Sets 1 and 2 can both be for $25k, with an additional $50k for the person that wins the whole thing.

So if you win the first two sets, you would get a total of $100k. But if you win the first and third set, then you would get $75k and your opponent would get $25k

Thoughts?

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is awesome, but count me for one who would bet on Filler to win playing even 10 ball. Filler turning down that game takes him down a peg from legend status in my mind. Back to reality:)

Thanks Mars for trying to make a game. That would have been a hell of a match!
What about Shane turning down 9 ball? You people seem to be missing that point.

Julian