Sale Layered Cue Tips - UltraSkin

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
By request I am having another sale on Mix and Match UltraSkin Layered Cue Tips for lower 48 States

This is something new I am trying called BAGaTIPS. The tips will come in a black draw string bag. There are 20 tips you can mix and/or match.

$50.00 includes first class mail shipment.

Thanks for your support, comments on bag welcomed.
PayPal Tcue@aol.com
Put how you want the tips broken down in message box of Paypal
Thanks,
Tom
1BagaTips.jpg

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I need 24 softs:thumbup:
you seem to have many customers who prefer UltraSkin Soft? Which other known tip could they compare it to, in terms of hardness/feel? I install mostly M and H, and don't know how to describe S to anyone who could have trouble making a decision. I need to say something like "S are a tad softer/harder than Moori M", for instance.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
you seem to have many customers who prefer UltraSkin Soft? Which other known tip could they compare it to, in terms of hardness/feel? I install mostly M and H, and don't know how to describe S to anyone who could have trouble making a decision. I need to say something like "S are a tad softer/harder than Moori M", for instance.

Hi,

First of all I love Tom's tips and do not stock Kaumi any more.

My customers who wish to have Kamui tip buy them and bring them to me and I put them on for 10 buck. I refuse to charge some one 40 buck to put a tip on. The number of people opting for the Ultra Skin has increased in a big way big way because the Kamui users really like Tom tip.

Now to your question about soft Ultra Skin tips. Yesterday I had a customer come in with a Kaumi Soft tip and I installed it for him. He had Two shafts and only one tip. After putting on the Kaumi, I installed an Ultra Skin soft on the other. When I crowned the tip with a razor blade on my blade rest I noticed that the Ultra Shin was just a little harder to shape but was much easier to shape than a LaPro med.

So the Ultra Skins are just tad harder than the Kamui. I believe this an attribute because soft tips tend to get harder as you play with them due to compression. So in my mind I believe the US tip will doubtless keep their shape better right out of the box. JMO.

Rick

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I recently put a Pro med US on my stick and it might feel a little bit softer than a med US. I like it and it plays nice.............

I press them all now and none have come back........ never had a complaint on an US.

Kim

nineballer6977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro Skins

I have had mixed feedback on the Pro tip to my understanding it is supposed to be a soft tip ?? please correct me if I am wrong. The only complaint(s) I have had is customers miscuing while shooting on the rail, I always put a nickle radius on the tips when I crown them unless the customer wants a dime but what I have done to fix the miscue issue is to put a little less radius on them and have not had any complaints since. One thing I do notice about the Pro tip is that when cutting the outside diameter it takes a little more work than most other Ultra skin and layered tips but really that is a good thing, this tells me that the side of the tip is not gonna break down and it will keep shape!!!! So all in all I am a happy camper when it comes to Ultra skin tips For the price and quality of Ultra Skin you just cant beat them

Brett :thumbup::

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You know, I always wonder about questions like this.
For what amounts to coffee money you can buy a couple of each and play scientist and test them and see for your self.
I don't care for second hand data when I can easily generate my own.

Robin Snyder

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had mixed feedback on the Pro tip to my understanding it is supposed to be a soft tip ?? please correct me if I am wrong. The only complaint(s) I have had is customers miscuing while shooting on the rail, I always put a nickle radius on the tips when I crown them unless the customer wants a dime but what I have done to fix the miscue issue is to put a little less radius on them and have not had any complaints since. One thing I do notice about the Pro tip is that when cutting the outside diameter it takes a little more work than most other Ultra skin and layered tips but really that is a good thing, this tells me that the side of the tip is not gonna break down and it will keep shape!!!! So all in all I am a happy camper when it comes to Ultra skin tips For the price and quality of Ultra Skin you just cant beat them

Brett :thumbup::

The "PRO" Density was a unique design (to me). I was sent some old Morri111 S to see if I could copy the hit. It is the main tip I play with now, many hours in with it.

I play a lot of One Pocket, then 9 Ball. The Feedback I feel from hit is like a Medium but the english you get from soft hits is beyond the VS.

Thanks for posting how you have found the best for the players you service, I learn much when OP let me know and Pos and Neg are always welcome.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
You know, I always wonder about questions like this.
For what amounts to coffee money you can buy a couple of each and play scientist and test them and see for your self.
I don't care for second hand data when I can easily generate my own.
Well, I sometimes wonder how people don't pay attention to the date of the post they bring up. Like mine you respond to is about 6 months old.
But I always wonder about people making assumptions based on pure guessing. You will certainly agree your advice of trying a couple at a great price addressed to me is pretty ridiculous once you know I buy from Tom in bulk quantities.

The reason I'm looking for some second hand data here is that I noticed a user who ordered lots of Soft tips, so he might be a good source. Here in Russia softs (of any brand) are the least popular tips as generally they don't hold shape well once they face a 10 oz ball hit. That said, particularly UltraSkin Soft is what sells very little here. Before Tom came up with a PRO he mentioned the most selling type for him was Medium. And yes, even pool players here prefer Med to Soft. Bottomline: I don't have enough customers to provide feedback on US Soft.
Next, I have all UltraSkin types installed on various cues for customers to try. But since the cues are different the impression of the hit could be deceiving. I have been using US Medium on my cue, and after I installed a VS for one of the pro players and he was giving praise about the feel and playability I decided to give it a try. You see, I went down from Medium straight to Very Soft. Surprisingly, on my cue VS feels just the same as Med! At the same time VS installed on a pyramid cue really feels like a soft tip like you expect it to be. Bottomline: even if I try UltraSkin Soft on several cues I won't be able to compare it to some of the famous prototypes in the industry (especially provided I have not tried those).

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is very hard to describe the hit and feed back of any Tip, one persons love can be another persons hate.

My plan from the beginning was that all the UltraSkin's stay consistent with the designated density.

I once built cues and did repairs. I can remember drawers under my lathes with some very expensive waste of money materials.

I can also remember buying a full tin of Mooris in the 1990's for $400.00 for 50 tips. At that time you could not buy less. That gamble paid off.

My mission now is to have at least one John Doe Pool Player in every Pool Hall and League to be using one of my tips that would allow his friends to hit a few balls with it.

I could put a list of Players and High End Cue Makers that use my tips. That however is non productive as it does not hit even 1% of the end user.

I have tried to offer quality times affordability so no one feels bound due to a large investment to keep my Tip on to wish they had gone with a different density.

No shoe fits all feet. I don't expect every player to use, like and play with my tip. I do however want them (player) and Cue repair person to be able to afford to experiment in hopes that one of my tips is they're fit.

If the Tip does the talking at the end we will see who does the walking, hopefully it will not be me.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I sometimes wonder how people don't pay attention to the date of the post they bring up. Like mine you respond to is about 6 months old.
But I always wonder about people making assumptions based on pure guessing. You will certainly agree your advice of trying a couple at a great price addressed to me is pretty ridiculous once you know I buy from Tom in bulk quantities.

The reason I'm looking for some second hand data here is that I noticed a user who ordered lots of Soft tips, so he might be a good source. Here in Russia softs (of any brand) are the least popular tips as generally they don't hold shape well once they face a 10 oz ball hit. That said, particularly UltraSkin Soft is what sells very little here. Before Tom came up with a PRO he mentioned the most selling type for him was Medium. And yes, even pool players here prefer Med to Soft. Bottomline: I don't have enough customers to provide feedback on US Soft.
Next, I have all UltraSkin types installed on various cues for customers to try. But since the cues are different the impression of the hit could be deceiving. I have been using US Medium on my cue, and after I installed a VS for one of the pro players and he was giving praise about the feel and playability I decided to give it a try. You see, I went down from Medium straight to Very Soft. Surprisingly, on my cue VS feels just the same as Med! At the same time VS installed on a pyramid cue really feels like a soft tip like you expect it to be. Bottomline: even if I try UltraSkin Soft on several cues I won't be able to compare it to some of the famous prototypes in the industry (especially provided I have not tried those).

Vahmurka-
No, I didn't notice the date of the post.

My only point was that tip characteristics are subjective. I usually buy at least 2 of anything that sounds promising, install them on a cue and try them out for myself. This costs me some money but I get data I can rely on. I know no better way to get good data than doing my own testing.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my remarks and I apologize. I can tell by your posts that you are working hard for your players and not just "selling" something.

If I like a tip, I buy more and offer customers my evaluation of them to help them choose one to suit their taste.

I had no idea Pyramid balls were so heavy! 10 ounces! I can see why harder tips are popular.
I have found that people who play on bar tables using the heavy cue ball like harder tips and so that's what I usually recommend, if I am asked.

And you're right: different cues often feel better with different tips.

Edit: Tom and I were typing at the same time. I agree with all he has said.

Best regards, Robin Snyder

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my area, the US medium are, by far, the most popular. When I describe the tips I tell people that the US tips have a little softer hit than their corresponding Kamui's. Meaning, the medium hit's more like a Kamui soft which is the Kamui type that most played with in this area when I still offered them.

I've only had one complaint with the US tips and that was that a "soft" had mushroomed.

I hadn't read about the V/S US tips until a couple of minutes ago so I guess I'll need to order some of them.

By the way, My order arrived a couple of days ago in a very timely manner. Thanks

Dick

riedmich

.. dogs' friend ..
Silver Member
I can strongly recommend the ultraskin medium tips also for 3 cushion carambol billiards!! In our club I introduced them and now after a little more than 1 year we have really good experience with them. After a couple of hours play a little reshaping and then they play extremely consistently. They don't glaze or harden, keep shape well and take the chalk also perfectly. And no single tip ever showed a delamination or anything else, they are so extremly reliable that it is really astonishing that they cost such less money ... Wow!!!

Als Einstein Examina abnahm, fragte ihn einmal ein Student: "Sie stellen in diesem Semester ja genau die gleichen Fragen wie beim letzten Mal." Darauf Einstein: "Das ist wahr. Nur die Antworten sind diesmal anders."

Last edited:

Kaydon

Registered
Thanks Tom

Got mine yesterday and going to install a couple on my shafts this weekend.:thumbup:
Although I did not get that nice little black bag:confused:
Oh well...At this price I will forgive you.
Guess I should have ordered before you ran out of those:grin:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this sale still going on? I believe I would like to order another batch if the sale is still in progress.

Dick