I'm looking places to play and stay in Washington DC.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like I may be heading to DC for the second week of November and looking for some advice on rooms and hotels in the area.

I may not have a car during the week so was hoping to find a pool room with a decent hotel in walking distance.

If that combo is not possible but you know of a great value hotel or a great room please share that also.

I will have a lot of time available during the day M-F so having a room that opens early would be ideal.

Thanks
Bora

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Looks like I may be heading to DC for the second week of November and looking for some advice on rooms and hotels in the area.

I may not have a car during the week so was hoping to find a pool room with a decent hotel in walking distance.

If that combo is not possible but you know of a great value hotel or a great room please share that also.

I will have a lot of time available during the day M-F so having a room that opens early would be ideal.

Thanks
Bora

I dont know of any actual pool rooms out there, but both Crystal City and Pentagon City have nice places to stay with bar pool within walking distance.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a hop and skip into Alexandria, VA and you can find a decent little poolroom or two.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bungalo, looks awful!
Photos.aspx

check out pic 013...that is too telling:
http://www.bungalowsportsgrill.com/ordereze/Gallery/3/Photos.aspx#

And fast eddies in alexandria is a bit of a dump these days, sadly.

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks everyone for the input.

I have been searching myself for a few days to try and find a decent poolhall in DC. Seems like you guys have confirmed what I was finding, that there isn't much in the DC area.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bungalow Sports Grill, and Fast Eddies Billiard Cafe

Fast Eddie's in Springfield Va may be your best bet. Decent daytime action and lots of hotels nearby but maybe 10 miles outside DC

Don't bother with FE Alex and Bungaloo. total let down for poolplayers

hope this helps

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Bora
If you mean the DC area, then the above advice is good. If you're literally going to be inside the DC city limits, then the best place to play is Bedrock Billiards in Adams Morgan. No champions play there anymore, but a few APA 6/7 speeds are usually around. The problem for you is that they don't open till 4:00.

The only place in DC that is open during the day is Breadsoda in Glover Park; they open at noon. I've never been, but I wouldn't expect any players to be there (the manager plays well).

The cheapest decent hotels in the area are probably in Crystal City. That gives you easy metro access to DC, and a short $12 cab ride to Lucy's Arl (a pool hall). You would also be near Crystal City Sports Pub, which has 6 bar tables but rarely any players above APA 5 speed.

If there's a specific area you want to be near, you can probably get more specific advice.

Cory

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Eddie's in Springfield Va may be your best bet. Decent daytime action and lots of hotels nearby but maybe 10 miles outside DC

Don't bother with FE Alex and Bungaloo. total let down for poolplayers

hope this helps

Thanks it does help, I just now have to wait for the customer to give me the green light and tell me the actual site location.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you mean the DC area, then the above advice is good. If you're literally going to be inside the DC city limits, then the best place to play is Bedrock Billiards in Adams Morgan. No champions play there anymore, but a few APA 6/7 speeds are usually around. The problem for you is that they don't open till 4:00.

The only place in DC that is open during the day is Breadsoda in Glover Park; they open at noon. I've never been, but I wouldn't expect any players to be there (the manager plays well).

The cheapest decent hotels in the area are probably in Crystal City. That gives you easy metro access to DC, and a short $12 cab ride to Lucy's Arl (a pool hall). You would also be near Crystal City Sports Pub, which has 6 bar tables but rarely any players above APA 5 speed.

If there's a specific area you want to be near, you can probably get more specific advice.

Cory

Thanks Cory, I don't have a specific location yet. I'm waiting for the ok and site location from the customer. Sometimes they are quick to say yes and sometimes they wait til the last minute to give me the information. So for now I have just wait.

Thanks again to everyone and once I get the GO I will check back with everyone.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DC. Most fun pool visit I've ever had. If the same group gets together again I just hope u can survive. Can't say enough how much fun I had. We need a good get together in STL.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DC. Most fun pool visit I've ever had. If the same group gets together again I just hope u can survive. Can't say enough how much fun I had. We need a good get together in STL.

Pleasure was all ours...but wee do wish you had brought more moneys!!!
haha...I kid.

IBA was running out from everywhere. Didn't even need a barrel to start with! Busted up the ring game! Got hizzelf barred!

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well it looks like the plans have changed a bit. I'm not staying in DC, I will coming down Monday and turning right around early Tuesday morning and heading home. Then back to the DE area on Friday or Saturday morning and over to DC for pickup and back to CT. I may stop at a room or 2 while traveling back and forth but no definite plans. I also may try and hit the Valley Forge tournament Saturday night.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in the DC area Saturday night and looks like I will be spending the night just over the boarder in VA.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm meeting Bora Saturday night at Lucy's around 8:30. Who else is in? I'm looking at you, Walter, Andrew, Creedo, Billy (and others)!

I'll call them today and see if I can reserve two of the good tables by the door. I'll even cover the first two hours of table time.

Cory