what is the going rate from Southwest on a refinish?

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a sw satin that I have been playing with for about a year now that I love but it is a little beat up. Also just found another satin I may pickup that is in great shape.

So my thought is get the second cue and send the first to SW and have it redone but trying to figure out the cost.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO contact SW. If it's beat up they may need to see it to quote you an accurate price anyway.

Why ask here?

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bora….

Coming over to Daytona anytime soon? Could always use some more 1p lessons!! :O) Scott

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO contact SW. If it's beat up they may need to see it to quote you an accurate price anyway.

Why ask here?

It is not bad and a regular refinish would be all it needs.

Asking on here because it is something I was thinking about during this holiday weekend and sw I doubt would answer the phone. There are many people on here that deal with sw on a regular basis and would have a good idea.

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming over to Daytona anytime soon? Could always use some more 1p lessons!! :O) Scott

I was actually in Tampa for about 6 weeks and kept thinking of contacting you but it is amazing how fast 6 weeks goes.

Will let you know next time and we can meet up. Not sure about the lessons thing. Lol

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that SW will be the only person to give the exact price, but why not give bora a ballpark if you know? Its like its top secret.

The same thread will tell people to stop bugging cue makers so they can get work done.

Reactions: JC

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious if a new SW cue is 14 years out, how long does a refinish take? And NO I'm not calling SW! Lol

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I have a sw satin that I have been playing with for about a year now that I love but it is a little beat up. Also just found another satin I may pickup that is in great shape.

So my thought is get the second cue and send the first to SW and have it redone but trying to figure out the cost.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I believe if you trully have a "satin" AND its "beat up" you have more issues with the cue than you think.. If I'm thinking correctly a satin SW has little to no finish on it from the start so a beat up one, I would guess, means that there are a lot of dings dents scatches etc... If thats the case, to get those out and put the cue back to spec would be more work than if the cue has finish on it from the start. That said you could have them put finish on it to cover up some of the damage but it would no longer be a satin cue and would hurt the value.. if youre worried about that kinda thing.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not bad and a regular refinish would be all it needs.

Asking on here because it is something I was thinkink about during this holiday weekend and sw I diubt would answer the phone. There are many people on here that deal with sw on a regular basis and would have a good idea.

I understand.

I guess I just think it may not be as straightforward as you are hoping partly because it is a satin finish cue.

Nothing wrong with asking around to get a quick idea of their basic pricing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You people are tough. Man just wants a range...

Here: $40- $2638.

Was it really that hard to help?

That is my good deed for the week.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pr oficient quotes $100.00 to start for normal refinish. Call him and ask . He'll probably answer the phone.