New mezz cues?

YakuzaTzorvas

Ponytail-assassin
I've been playing with a poison strychnine-1 for awhile and while I'm certain its a great cue, it doesn't seem to work for me. I personally feel it as being too light and has poor feedback. Thus i went to indentify my preference in a cue and am going ahead for a Mezz MPC3 with a 314-2 shaft. My question is: does the 314-2 shaft provide excellent feedback and any reccomendations. And feel free to put your take on this matter :)

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuemaker forum??

I thought feedback was more of a function of the tolerances in each connection of the cue. If the cue has gaps/spaces in the pin to wood at the handle and joint, then there would be less feedback due to less surface contact at the union between the 2 materials/pieces. Maybe I am misunderstanding what exactly it is you are talking about feedback. (what you can feel in the handle of the cue during/after the shot??) I always thought that the more surface contact you have at each connection, the more feedback you get, due to maximum energy transfer. That being said, type of materials used could change the feel of the cue and thus your interpretation of feedback. It sounds like a cuemaker question to me...JMO
Jeremy

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with a poison strychnine-1 for awhile and while I'm certain its a great cue, it doesn't seem to work for me. I personally feel it as being too light and has poor feedback. Thus i went to indentify my preference in a cue and am going ahead for a Mezz MPC3 with a 314-2 shaft. My question is: does the 314-2 shaft provide excellent feedback and any reccomendations. And feel free to put your take on this matter :)

I played with a mezz 314 combo for 3+ years. great set up and i had no complaints.

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My local shop sells Predator, Mezz, Pechauer, McDermott, Joss, etc.

A very well known and respected guy. For pure playability, he had a strong recommendation for Pechauer at price point < $300 USD and Mezz for above that.

What he liked about the Mezz was the overall craftmenship, the joint and the 1 piece wood design of the shaft. He preferred the Mezz over the Predator specifically stating the 1 piece wood shaft design of the Mezz gave much better feedback than the multi-piece of the Predator. Meaning you would have a better feel for cue ball speed control with the Mezz.

Makes sense and he was very convincing. My wife went in looking for Predators and now is thinking of getting a Mezz.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Use the Mezz shaft, IMO. Awesome cues & shafts. Mezz is, my most humble opinion, by far & above the very best production cue being made today. A lot of custom builders could learn a lot by having a newer model Mezz cue just to study. They're that good. Don't worry about putting a Pred shaft on it. Predators are just fine if that's what you know & feel best with, but they are not an upgrade on a Mezz.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i played with the same set up for years. great gear imo. too bad they don't offer the plane janes with predator shafts like they used to.

it's also a shame their prices have all jumped a hundo per cue

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use the Mezz shaft, IMO. Awesome cues & shafts. Mezz is, my most humble opinion, by far & above the very best production cue being made today. A lot of custom builders could learn a lot by having a newer model Mezz cue just to study. They're that good. Don't worry about putting a Pred shaft on it. Predators are just fine if that's what you know & feel best with, but they are not an upgrade on a Mezz.

I have to agree with Eric on this. He suggested I try one and I really like the cue. It plays super solid with the WD700 shaft. I decided to get an Ash Deep Impact Pro shaft so I could use this as a break cue if needed. I play with this setup in league.

Good Luck...