WTB: Rick Howard Cue..

tlcff8

Designated Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm looking for a Rick Howard cue to try out, and hopefully make my player. Let me know what you have...thanks.

Interested in Mace's too.

Thanks,
Tony

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Can you afford $1,000.00 + shipping for a 6 point ebony Rick Howard player and a birdseye mace b.j. cue? Bob C.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
half fast bankr said:
I sold Ricks '69 Joss/West not too long ago...
I tried to buy it from Rick if it was the one w/ a flat faced ivory joint/ 3/8 -10 pin. I still would like another shot at it. Could you tell the new owner for me? Bob C. bobco729@yahoo.com verizon wireless cell#301-351-5178

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hens Teeth

People hang on to Ricks cues for players. So finding one is kinda like finding hens teeth.

Breedlove has played with one for years.

I sold one about a year ago with this offer. If it isnt the best cue you have played with I would buy it back and pay shipping.

HOW STRONG AN OFFER IS THAT?

By the way, he got it and didnt send it back....:wink:

ken

gmcole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Ken_4fun said:
People hang on to Ricks cues for players. So finding one is kinda like finding hens teeth.

Breedlove has played with one for years.

I sold one about a year ago with this offer. If it isnt the best cue you have played with I would buy it back and pay shipping.

HOW STRONG AN OFFER IS THAT?

By the way, he got it and didnt send it back....:wink:

ken
Yep..It's still my daily player too!
thanks again Ken-jeff

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Mace cue

90% or so. straight and solid . Stained brown. Tiped for B/J but still hits solid but would require a tip change. Around 19 ozs with a full shaft.
$250 shipped.
Nick :)

imax

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rick Howard Player

gmcole said:
Yep..It's still my daily player too!
thanks again Ken-jeff

I did a lot of looking and inquiring here in the forums and other online sites and the one consensus I got was that Rick Howard makes a player's cue.

I found nothing, absolutely nothing, negative in regards to Rick Howard cues.
Those that have them seem inclined to keep them and those who have sold theirs want them back. To me that speaks volumes!

Jeff, gmcole, was especially helpful and following his lead I went ahead ordered a cue from Rick. Thanks again Jeff!

Wait time right now, if Rick is taking orders, is six months.

tlcff8, good luck in finding and playing with a Rick Howard cue.

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I have owed 5 Rick Howard cues dating back to 1992. Now I have a wrapless coco player,a coco sneaky,and a Mace j/b. You could not pry them from my dead hands. I made the mistake of selling a couple,never do that again. Good luck in your search,you won't be sorry.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Mace pics

When the shaft is this nice I refuse to clean it. Lets say 85-90% condition. Straight and solid!

mace002.jpg

mace001.jpg

mace003.jpg

Nick :) 850-474-0628

tlcff8

Designated Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
waiting on pics...

I'm waiting on pictures from a few people, hopefully will be able to make a decision by Saturday.

Anything else out there?

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
RH's old J/W

Just following up, sorry for the T/J.

bobco729 said:
I tried to buy it from Rick if it was the one w/ a flat faced ivory joint/ 3/8 -10 pin. I still would like another shot at it. Could you tell the new owner for me? Bob C. bobco729@yahoo.com verizon wireless cell#301-351-5178

Yep, one in the same. 3rd cue from the left in this old pic of my table.
Cue played like a dream, but I needed the cash back then.
I 've got right of first refusal on it per our agreement, although I doubt he'll sell. Make an offer.
table

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
tlcff8 said:
I'm waiting on pictures from a few people, hopefully will be able to make a decision by Saturday.

Anything else out there?
Sir,

If it's not too much trouble, kick over some of the info on cues you're inclined to pass on.

I'd love to have a Rick Howard cue again.....

Best of luck on your search, and please let me know of any player's cues out there that don't fit your bill.

Take care,

Mark

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Rick Howard cues

I can tell you this. The ones I have play great... I have a SS jointed on and an ivory jointed cue... The ivory jointed cue is one of the best playing cues that I own and I own a couple of them...LOL...
Good luck in your search.

V/r
Richard

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
bobco729 said:
Can you afford $1,000.00 + shipping for a 6 point ebony Rick Howard player and a birdseye mace b.j. cue? Bob C.
You guys talked me into keeping my Rick Howard cues. SORRY! no longer for sale. Bob C.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Enjoy the Mace!

half fast bankr said:
^^^ LMAO! I think now I'm looking for one of these Rick Howards you ladies speak of, LOL!
Any of you all need Mr. Rick his number is 850-939-1454
After 11 Am Cst is best if you want to talk.

And enjoy the Mace!
Nick :)