dispute on a sale to a member please read..

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have done business with this seller

I sold a schon, bk2, and predator air package to ahailecors0991 a few weeks ago. He paid me through paypal and I shipped usps priority insured. He sent payment fast and we had great communication throughout the whole deal. We exchanged itrader and all was good. Im from Missouri and he is from Texas so we do not know each other and have never had any contact before our deal so don't think im one of his personal friends trying to make him sound good. Our transaction went as smoothly as any I have done on here and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. I have also had a package that I shipped usps arrive empty before that I sent to a different seller who wasn't new to the site by any means and had plenty of positive itrader so it is possible. Im not taking sides or saying who is wrong or right but I just thought I would share my personal experience with ahailecors0991 before everyone makes him out to be the bad guy.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I reported this thread and the user name to the Mods. ahailecors0991

You might have gotten SC5'ed He's in Texas.

Sorry you lost man.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have a guy about an hour away from my city from a gun forum who has A LOT of positive feedback. He bought a gun part for 500 bucks from a guy from my local school forum. The buyer video taped himself opening the box and showing it was empty. From real close inspection of the video, some discovered the box was already once sliced opened. So the video from the buyer opening the box empty was staged.

Not sure what the final conclusion of the story was.

Well I made my 1st purchase of a meucci butt for 250 the other week. Paypal gifted it, no insurance, no signature. Glad it worked out okay now that I think about it.

GregCG

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, granted I'm new here but I'm not new everywhere

Guys,

This is going to come across wrong to some, but: Honor matters to some but not all.

This whole "I won't deal with less than <blah> iTrader" and "I got taken" deal is.... "very young". Skype them if you think it's worthwhile. Make a decision, maybe a safety. Live with the results.

We've all paid much more for cheaper lessons before.
-G

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
I sold a schon, bk2, and predator air package to ahailecors0991 a few weeks ago. He paid me through paypal and I shipped usps priority insured. He sent payment fast and we had great communication throughout the whole deal. We exchanged itrader and all was good. Im from Missouri and he is from Texas so we do not know each other and have never had any contact before our deal so don't think im one of his personal friends trying to make him sound good. Our transaction went as smoothly as any I have done on here and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. I have also had a package that I shipped usps arrive empty before that I sent to a different seller who wasn't new to the site by any means and had plenty of positive itrader so it is possible. Im not taking sides or saying who is wrong or right but I just thought I would share my personal experience with ahailecors0991 before everyone makes him out to be the bad guy.

Hi DJ;

I looked at your iTrader record and do not see any exchange between yourself and "ahailecors0991".

Can my eyeballs be that bad? :confused::eek:

best,
brian kc

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Shipping items is always about protecting yourself and of course the buyer. I am amazed that many people ship items just in tubes. I to have received tubes where on a few occasions a end was missing and thankfully a usps person put some tape over the end. However, go to www.usps.com and fill out a free account and place an order for the 36 inch long 5 x 5 x 5 triangle shipping boxes. They are free to you. Continue to use a tube and put the tube in there. I put the cues in a plastic sleeve, wrap in thin foam material, put that in a craft 2 inch x 30 inch tube, wrap that in the usps shipping container. A lot of work, but, as secure as I can get it for a customer. Everything I sell, I insure it and send priority mail. I may lose a sale here or there because of the extra $ 10.00 I incur ( being truthful ), but, I would not want to lose a couple hundred. I have had boxes come to me all chewed up and split open and usps just keeps the package moving forward instead of returning it the original owner. Again, sending something in a shipping tube alone should have the ends stapled and taped, but, I still cringe when I receive something in a tube only as I said, the usps priority triangle boxes are free from the usps site and if your post office don’t have them, let them know as they can order some in for you again at no charge. Also, you might just want to have your own ability of creating your own labels like through click and ship. Save a little at least and the tracking # is free. Sorry the situation happened, but, I would not have accepted the package from my post office and if it was delivered by a postal worker, I would track them down as soon as possible and have a sit down with that person with the post master and get something rolling as I would show them my paypal records. Hopefully you spent 70 cents on a delivery confirmation ticket ?? If not, all I can say is ouch !!

LosOsosCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You made the mistake sorry. No insurance was just stupid. Its only $225 it could have been worse. Take your lumps and learn from them.

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hi DJ;

I looked at your iTrader record and do not see any exchange between yourself and "ahailecors0991".

Can my eyeballs be that bad? :confused::eek:

best,
brian kc

If you look through his itrader you will see that i sent him positive itrader when we did our deal. I dont have any from him because he could not figure out how to send it to me and i didnt worry about it because i have plenty already. Thats why i originally posted in my thread that we didnt exchange itrader at all because at first i thought we didnt but then i remembered what happened.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
what he did was this. when the cue was delievered he pm'ed me and said we have a problem the tube arrived with 1 cap missing and no cue. i told him that dont sound right i shipped alot of things the past few months and have had no issue at all. he said he tracked down the postman and asked him if the item fell out in his truck or is it at the post office. there was nothing. he sent me a email and specifically told me that dont worry about it. i said what do you mean he said i will take the loss so you wont have anything to worry about. a week goes by i now i have a dispute. he also sent me some pics of the tube and missing cap but anybody can pop of one end of a tube take everything out and say nope i dont have it.

can some one please confirm me does the usps have to put on the tube damaged if a end cap is missing before the delievery. b/c in the pics of the tube it looks just the way i sent it. his mail lady said to him the tube did feel pretty light. come on lady it s two pounds

Hi.....There is a code in the scanner when a package is delivered that says visible damage that we enter when it is delivered. So if you had delivery conformation atleast the carrier should have noted when he delivered it. Also as a carrier i would never leave the post office with a open package without getting it stamped recieved without contents at .....post office. Anyone who doesn't is asking for trouble if a OIG agent or postal inspector stopped you on the route and found an open package in your truck you would have to prove you weren't opening them up looking for items! Over the years I have been interviewed on various routes by both and its the last thing you want(for criminal activity by customers). Also if I delivered an open package I would ask the person getting it to refuse it and send it back rather than accept it....its easier to prove you got nothing that way

TKDVEE

I love old Schon cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
isn't it a form of mail fraud to use the mail to defraud someone? is there a division of usps that could open an investigation and even pursue charges if this person is found to have committed theft in this manner? just curious. maybe i watch too much television. ;)

Hi.....There is a code in the scanner when a package is delivered that says visible damage that we enter when it is delivered. So if you had delivery conformation atleast the carrier should have noted when he delivered it. Also as a carrier i would never leave the post office with a open package without getting it stamped recieved without contents at .....post office. Anyone who doesn't is asking for trouble if a OIG agent or postal inspector stopped you on the route and found an open package in your truck you would have to prove you weren't opening them up looking for items! Over the years I have been interviewed on various routes by both and its the last thing you want(for criminal activity by customers). Also if I delivered an open package I would ask the person getting it to refuse it and send it back rather than accept it....its easier to prove you got nothing that way

ahailecors0991

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what happened

I wasn't gonna say anything after reading all the replys but I cant help but to tell my side of the story since obviously my short time on az is now over after all this. First I would like to say I am not a thief I have never stole anything in my life. I was at a pool tournament one night and there was this guy with a predator bk2 I asked him if he liked the way it broke he said that he loved it and said I could try it out well I did and I liked it also. So he went on to tell me that you can pick one up on azbilliards at a fairly reasonable price so couple days later i made a account shortly after bought one from knish paid him immediately and he shipped the cue out shortly after that and to make a long story short the package got here it was in a tube one of the caps was missing off one end so I immediately got in my car and went looking for the mail person that drop off the package didn't find the right one so she call the one that did drop it off and she said that she didn't notice anything wrong with it so the mail lady took my phone number and said that she would check the truck and the facility when she got back there well she did and didn't find anything so I message knish and told him what happened and I asked him to talked to someone at his post office and see if he could do anything he said he would and that it was strange and that it has never hapened to him before and said (not exactly the same words) that we need to find it cause he was losing on this not me and nice nice guy I am I tell him don't worry about it if we can't find the cue that I would take the lost. So Monday rolls around and I message knish to see if he got anything out of the post office and then basically starts to tell me that I'm a lair and that there's no way the cap came off the end and that I was just trying to scam him. So I didn't even message him back. My friend told me that PayPal automatically puts insurance on anything over a hundred dollars so I call them and tell them what happened and they basically told that I should file a claim and after the message I got from knish I decided find that was ok with me didn't think I would get anything out of it really but what the Hell after the message I got I didn't really care to be honest so a while later they decided in my favor and got my money back. That is the truth I would swear on the bible and for the guy that said that someone should find me and see what I am breaking with I will be breaking with a bk2 but with a wrap I bought from djordan

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I wasn't gonna say anything after reading all the replys but I cant help but to tell my side of the story since obviously my short time on az is now over after all this. First I would like to say I am not a thief I have never stole anything in my life. I was at a pool tournament one night and there was this guy with a predator bk2 I asked him if he liked the way it broke he said that he loved it and said I could try it out well I did and I liked it also. So he went on to tell me that you can pick one up on azbilliards at a fairly reasonable price so couple days later i made a account shortly after bought one from knish paid him immediately and he shipped the cue out shortly after that and to make a long story short the package got here it was in a tube one of the caps was missing off one end so I immediately got in my car and went looking for the mail person that drop off the package didn't find the right one so she call the one that did drop it off and she said that she didn't notice anything wrong with it so the mail lady took my phone number and said that she would check the truck and the facility when she got back there well she did and didn't find anything so I message knish and told him what happened and I asked him to talked to someone at his post office and see if he could do anything he said he would and that it was strange and that it has never hapened to him before and said (not exactly the same words) that we need to find it cause he was losing on this not me and nice nice guy I am I tell him don't worry about it if we can't find the cue that I would take the lost. So Monday rolls around and I message knish to see if he got anything out of the post office and then basically starts to tell me that I'm a lair and that there's no way the cap came off the end and that I was just trying to scam him. So I didn't even message him back. My friend told me that PayPal automatically puts insurance on anything over a hundred dollars so I call them and tell them what happened and they basically told that I should file a claim and after the message I got from knish I decided find that was ok with me didn't think I would get anything out of it really but what the Hell after the message I got I didn't really care to be honest so a while later they decided in my favor and got my money back. That is the truth I would swear on the bible and for the guy that said that someone should find me and see what I am breaking with I will be breaking with a bk2 but with a wrap I bought from djordan

Settle down, I was not accusing anyone of anything. I just thought if someone could physically confirm what you are breaking with then the OP could rule out that it was a scam. If your breaking with a wrapped BK then I don't think you have an unwrapped BK. I know first hand how the usps can ruin a transaction, I sent a set of "high dollar" cylinder heads to a guy years ago in the same box, when it got to him there was only one head. It was about a two month fiasco with paypal and the usps until usps paid the insurance claim. paypal sucked $2000 out of my bank account until the insurance was paid. Nothing is shipped by me without insurance just because of this, I think this was the sellers mistake for not insuring. I had no intention to make you the "bad guy", just thought we could rule out any bad doings if someone knew you and what your breaking with. FWIW if I'm selling something and you want to buy it, I'd still sell to you, and ship, insured, with delivery confirmation with signature, just like anyone I buy or sell to/from. I just sent a check to Bob Frey last week for a titlist conversion he's almost finished with for me, and he had to sign for the envelope. When I sent him the titlist, it went insured with confirmation and signature. I trust pretty much everyone, but I cover my butt as well. Sorry if I offended you, that was not my intent,
Tom

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Curious

I'm curious if, after notifying your mailman that the tube was empty, did they do a missing item report? If not I would be suspicious of that mailman. Did he/she take it or were they just lazy? Either way they have some explaining to do if they took no action on your complaint.

I think the original poster should file a theft claim with the Post Office, even if there is no insurance a theft is a theft. The Postal Police will follow up and interview all parties involved including the recipient, and the delivery agent.

The recipient could alleviate any concerns that he/she committed mail fraud by cooperating with the authorities to the best of his/her ability.

I personally dislike using the Post Office for shipping valuable items. Even with insurance they give the shipper a hard time when trying to collect funds in the event of a lost or stolen item.

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There have been several threads over the years on how to properly package and ship a cue or case. Even to new members here, there really is no excuse for not knowing....it's called research. Beyond that, I pack every single thing I send out as if it were being shipped to myself...bullet-proof! If you look at a package and think, "I'd be kinda pissed if someone sent it to me in that way", then imagine the buyer's reaction.

Honestly...I always lose out on the shipping costs, because I spend the extra time and money to make sure that the item is properly packed...and often it winds up weighing more than I anticipated....so, more to ship. I also do not EVER skimp on the 'extras', ie; insurance, delivery confirmation, signatured required.....whatever it takes to cover my backside, as well as the backside of the buyer.

I have NEVER had an incident of an item gone missing, or even damaged, for that matter....because I take the time and care and cost of doing everything right the first time.

Last edited:

doubletrouble

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
didn't tube seem light

even if you didn't notice a cap of tube missing when you received tube? wow ok. perhaps tube seem light? and the carrier didn't notice anything wrong? maybe
you got your cue stick after all. good deal. really liked the thread concerning postal inspector and fraud. that was a good one wasn't it?