Experimenting with Slack - billiards.slack.com

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,

Personally I've always been interested in online group messaging tools, ever since the IRC days... So when I read the raving reviews about Slack, I knew I had to try it - creating billiards.slack.com. :)

Unfortunately, Slack is invitation-only since it's meant to be a team-collaboration tool... But us pool fans are a team, right?! So if you want to try it out just post your email on this thread or PM me, then I will send an invite.

I like its user interface so far, its apps (Web, iOS, Android, Mac, Windows) are clean and intuitive... IMO, the product takes the best of IRC, Twitter, and IM, and rolls them into one tool. Attached is a screen shot of the Mac app, just to give you a taste of what it's like:

Thank you...

Attachments

• Slack screenshot.jpg
    Slack screenshot.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 495

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the intent is to use Slack to build something a bit different than the AzB community... Slack interactions are more like chats than the typical online forum. The nature of it is more "live" and mobile-friendly.

If you (or any others) would like to check it out just please PM me your email. (The only drawback is that in order to set it up for free you can only send email invitations.)

Thanks and good shootin'...

If we're going to do this...

azbilliards.slack.com