vivian villarreal

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there has been a lot posted about Vivian here in the last few days. I would like to tell about my first experience meeting her. my buddy and me went to Georgia to watch Vivian and Janette lee play a match for forty grand I think ten ahead a few years back. they both have been two of my favorite players. when we got there about a hour before the match Janette was there talking to fans and taking pictures and sinning autographs Vivian came in about twenty min before the match I ask her for a autograph. she sorta bushed me off and I though she was not as nice as I though she was. this was about four pm when they stoped at midnight she came strati over to me and said sir I will be glad to sine your cue ball now she told me she had her mind on the match only at that time when she first got there and apologize she and Janette hung around doing pictures and autographs she is a real class act in my book they both are

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've met VV several times. She's always been a class act in the venues I've encountered her. She is on my very short list of pro pool players with a happy demeanor and a quality personality. There are quite a few that could learn from her example.

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will agree I have met and talked to her and Janette a few time sense then and she has always been very friendly

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there has been a lot posted about Vivian here in the last few days. I would like to tell about my first experience meeting her ...

I have never met Ms. Villarreal, but everything I have read and heard about her is filled with niceness.

You give the impression in your OP that you are comparing Janette Lee to Ms. Villarreal in terms of how approachable each is.

That bit might not be really fair.
Janette Lee is a "walking billboard" for pool --a great ambassador.
It seems she will NEVER turn down a fan interaction.

In my experience, many players choose not to take the time to interact with fans, especially if there is a big match approaching.
I wouldn't take Ms. Villarreal's "brush-off" to heart. Give her another chance in a different setting and I bet she will be very forthcoming.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I have never met Ms. Villarreal, but everything I have read and heard about her is filled with niceness.

You give the impression in your OP that you are comparing Janette Lee to Ms. Villarreal in terms of how approachable each is.

That bit might not be really fair.
Janette Lee is a "walking billboard" for pool --a great ambassador.
It seems she will NEVER turn down a fan interaction.

In my experience, many players choose not to take the time to interact with fans, especially if there is a big match approaching.
I wouldn't take Ms. Villarreal's "brush-off" to heart. Give her another chance in a different setting and I bet she will be very forthcoming.

Did you read his post???

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've known Vivian for several years. She has always bee a pleasure to deal with.

She does what she says she will do - and usually does it well.

I want to congratulate her for making the Tornado Open a reality. It is a lot of work - and it sounds like it went well. A lot of top players showed up.

That's good for everyone!!

Mark Griffin

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ahead?

there has been a lot posted about Vivian here in the last few days. I would like to tell about my first experience meeting her. my buddy and me went to Georgia to watch Vivian and Janette lee play a match for forty grand I think ten ahead a few years back. they both have been two of my favorite players. when we got there about a hour before the match Janette was there talking to fans and taking pictures and sinning autographs Vivian came in about twenty min before the match I ask her for a autograph. she sorta bushed me off and I though she was not as nice as I though she was. this was about four pm when they stoped at midnight she came strati over to me and said sir I will be glad to sine your cue ball now she told me she had her mind on the match only at that time when she first got there and apologize she and Janette hung around doing pictures and autographs she is a real class act in my book they both are

You got my curiosity up; who won the 10 ahead match?

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think after two nights playing from four to midnight ti was even at one I remember jennett was up 8 games and Vivian came back to even they played a race to 9 for part of the money I think Vivian won not sure

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If I had a vote, I'd vote for Vivian as a BCA Hall of Famer. Fine player, great entertainer.

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in no way talking bad about Vivian I was very surprised she even remembered me after the nights match was over she was very kind and friendly if i was playing for big money I would not talk to a bunch of red necks just before a match ether I now understand her motive she is the class act that I though she was

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vivian

It is tougher than it sounds to sign a round object.

I have been impressed with the level of things she has done not only to promote the sport, but to add some value to those less fortunate when called upon.

I have seen a number of times, Vivian would raise money playing challengers to raise some money for various charities.

Tap - Tap - Tap.

I have been fortunate to meet her a few times at tournaments, and she was nothing but very friendly.