Anyone try G2 chalk ??

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your experiences appreciated
Never heard of it. I can highly recommend both Blue Diamond and Magic Chalk as two premium chalks I have tried and really liked, after having played for 40+ years with Master Blue.

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't tried it,blue diamond,masters,magic, kamui and other premium chalk finally settled on ball teck and ball teck 2nd generation and haven't looked back even though it is a players preference you owe yourself ....Ball Teck!!!!!!!

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was on the magic chalk (which I still think is the best bang for the price) but now use Taom and love it!

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried a cube of G2. Like other premium chalks, I found it to be better than run of the mill chalks like Master or other common chalks. But I decided it was not so much better as to be worth the extra cost. Their gimmick is a strip of metal in the base of the chalk so it can be used with a magnetic holder, if you use one of those. The chalk did go on smoother and cover better than the average chalk. It just seemed to be of higher quality. But again, to me, not enough to justify the price.

I am a chalk fanatic who is always looking for that “perfect” chalk. So far I have tried:

1. Master
2. Pre-Flag Master
3. Kamui .98
4. Magic Chalk
5. OB chalk
6. G2
7. Great White (and Mako Blue)
8. Morakami
9. Balabushka
10. Predator
11. Blue Diamond
12. Silver Cup Championship
13. NIR Super Professional
14. Lava

In my experience, the only ones worth the trouble are the Kamui, the G2 and the Silver Cup Championship. The Kamui covered beautifully but made a freaking mess. I let the cube dry out so that it acts more like their 1.21 and now it covers nicely and is not so messy. The G2 covers nicely. Surprisingly, the Silver Cup Championship is the best inexpensive chalk I have found.

For me, the top price point for a piece of premium chalk should be no more than $15. I would be willing to pay that. Above that, the pricing just becomes ridiculous.

Still looking.

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi Mirza,

think 2 types of *Players* are outthere (to simplify it a bit :) )

The *non-stop-chalkers*- chalking much more as usually needed-
And the ppl who chalk if necessary- think These have been generated with release of the kamui chalk.

I liked Kamui-- but switched to "Sniper Chalk"--- imo better- wonderful grip- and not the f...in spots on the cueball with it :)

The G2 Chalk imo is also fantastic--- holds also VERY well. Covers great.
For the guys who chalk very often.... G2 is a good recommendation.
Still prefer sniper- but G2 is definitley imo a real good chalk.

Price i don t like to discuss about--- if someone pays 25 bucks for a tip....--- to pay 12-15 bucks for a chalk then is a crime? imo sure not :)

take care.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried a cube of G2. Like other premium chalks, I found it to be better than run of the mill chalks like Master or other common chalks. But I decided it was not so much better as to be worth the extra cost. Their gimmick is a strip of metal in the base of the chalk so it can be used with a magnetic holder, if you use one of those. The chalk did go on smoother and cover better than the average chalk. It just seemed to be of higher quality. But again, to me, not enough to justify the price.

I am a chalk fanatic who is always looking for that “perfect” chalk. So far I have tried:

1. Master
2. Pre-Flag Master
3. Kamui .98
4. Magic Chalk
5. OB chalk
6. G2
7. Great White (and Mako Blue)
8. Morakami
9. Balabushka
10. Predator
11. Blue Diamond
12. Silver Cup Championship
13. NIR Super Professional
14. Lava

In my experience, the only ones worth the trouble are the Kamui, the G2 and the Silver Cup Championship. The Kamui covered beautifully but made a freaking mess. I let the cube dry out so that it acts more like their 1.21 and now it covers nicely and is not so messy. The G2 covers nicely. Surprisingly, the Silver Cup Championship is the best inexpensive chalk I have found.

For me, the top price point for a piece of premium chalk should be no more than $15. I would be willing to pay that. Above that, the pricing just becomes ridiculous.

Still looking.
Anybody that uses Kamui chalk and plays at a public poolroom as opposed to their home table, has no respect for their opponent or their poolroom proprietor or anyone that plays there. The chalk marks are incredibly hard to get out of the cloth, and the chalk marks on the CB are far worse, and greatly increase the chance of "cling". I do not allow anyone to use Kamui chalk in our room.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I have. It`s somewhere between Blue Diamond and Predator chalk.
It`s okay and like Kamui it comes in it`s own little sealed bag.
I really don`t see the point of the new high-end chalk craze, so I find myself not overly exited over yet another brand of chalk...

MalibuMike

Banned
The 3 top Chalks Are....

Anybody that uses Kamui chalk and plays at a public poolroom as opposed to their home table, has no respect for their opponent or their poolroom proprietor or anyone that plays there. The chalk marks are incredibly hard to get out of the cloth, and the chalk marks on the CB are far worse, and greatly increase the chance of "cling". I do not allow anyone to use Kamui chalk in our room.

1. G2
2. Magic Chalk
3. Taom
4. All the rest...........
I know my chalks and anyone who prefers Masters to Magic or G2 is insane!

Attachments

• VS_billiard_players.jpg
    VS_billiard_players.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 720

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have it. I like it. As far as cosmetic type chalks go it's as good as any and better than most. It's quite clean, adheres well, and grips great. For me personally, I don't like the feel of applying those types of chalk. Maybe I never let the chalks "break in" enough, but they always seem kinda hard, and require some additional focus to get all over the tip. If not for that feeing, the G2 chalk might be the best I've tried. The new Kamui Roku is quite similar, perhaps a bit softer. Also very very good.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I believe you’ll find that which ever chalk you choose in the end it’ll be a personal
preference for some reason all you own. Ask this forum about 20 different kinds of
chalk and no one will agree on any of them. I’ve tried G2, to me it’s pretty much chalk
and nothing more than that. If you chalk between every shot or every couple of shots
it won’t matter much which chalk you use. Folks here on AZ seem to really like magic
Chalk, personally I think for all the Hype it sucks. To me it’s basically Master in a
different wrapper. It’s ok, nothing wrong with it, but nothing special about it either, some
will disagree. Taom, I read where someone mentioned Taom, I tried it. It felt real gritty,
like Lava Chalk, but it was $18 a cake so I’ll use mine until it’s done. I have found 2 that
genuinely felt different (not necessarily better, but different), the Kamui, and the Great
White (to include the Mako Blue) and they felt similar but the Kamui made a freakin’
mess, so did the Great White, just not quite as bad. After all the different chalk I’ve tried
I am unable to find my favorite - Cosmo, I thought it was great, so I have had to settle
for my second, that’s Brunswick, and for some reason the green is better than the blue,
but I have both and both suit me.
Poke around, use as many as you can, and when you pick one I hope it’s not the $30
chalk, or even the $15 or $18 chalk. Using the $1 a cube is just as satisfying when
you win.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do like Magic Chalk but for one reason only. I am a sloppy chalker. The only difference between Magic and Master is that it stays on the tip much longer. The same with other chalks like Kamui. I've tried both of the old Kamuis 0.98 and 1.21 and both make a serious mess - 0.98 is the worst. So those are out.

For my personal use Magic is the best because it is a) relatively cheap and b) stays on the tip long enough. Every other perceived reason like being able to hit whitey further outside is pure imagination and DrDave proved this already. He made some pretty interesting tests of various chalks on his site.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/chalk.html

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ratta,

Where do you purchase Sniper chalk. I am anxious to try it.

I doubt you will find Sniper chalk in the USA yet. This chalk is made in Ukraine and I know the inventor very good. Most kids and players in our pool school are using this chalk ;). There is a new improved generation of this chalk called Contact in new design with a magnet on the bottom which is just coming to the market. Sniper is already available in Germany and some other countries in Europe and may become more and more popular. Some very known pros do like the chalk and use it already.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do like Magic Chalk but for one reason only. I am a sloppy chalker. The only difference between Magic and Master is that it stays on the tip much longer. The same with other chalks like Kamui. I've tried both of the old Kamuis 0.98 and 1.21 and both make a serious mess - 0.98 is the worst. So those are out.

For my personal use Magic is the best because it is a) relatively cheap and b) stays on the tip long enough. Every other perceived reason like being able to hit whitey further outside is pure imagination and DrDave proved this already. He made some pretty interesting tests of various chalks on his site.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/chalk.html

I like this article very much and after years of playing I'm very sceptical with regards to any "nano" products with magical properties but I do like the ones which are nice, practical, comfortable in use and do what they have to do.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, bought my first piece a week or two ago, because Masters was requiring me to clean my table much too often. It keeps my table much cleaner, goes on smoothly, grips very well and I only chalk when needed. It is costly for one piece but it has perforated strips that can be torn off to allow you to use more of the chalk before tossing like you would some cheaper chalk.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt you will find Sniper chalk in the USA yet. This chalk is made in Ukraine and I know the inventor very good. Most kids and players in our pool school are using this chalk ;). There is a new improved generation of this chalk called Contact in new design with a magnet on the bottom which is just coming to the market. Sniper is already available in Germany and some other countries in Europe and may become more and more popular. Some very known pros do like the chalk and use it already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sniper-Cha...666457?hash=item33d78ce219:g:5vwAAOSw3pZbIiD~