2019 Kremlin Cup 10 ball, Moscow (18-21Sep). Winner $9K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live Streams NOW
(Click on videos with “LIVE NOW” to watch live stream on that table)
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaymcYF8M1xVV-V1osfB_4g/videos

Brackets
https://tournamentservice.net/tournament.php?chart=30441

Facebook :https://facebook.com/billiardkremlincup/

This event has WPA ranking and Mosconi Cup points so it attracts the top Euro players.
Whole Team USA is playing.

pm1.jpg

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Thanks!!!

Also on the brackets, there is a a little "video movie projector" type thing, just click on that to watch whoever.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One loss side
Mario He
Corey Deuel
Eklent Kaci
Stephanov
SVB

They play down to 32 players on 19 Sep
After that it is single elimination knockout from last 32 onwards

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious where the Asians are.

Is it too far to travel, too little money, difficulty with visas/passports? Anyone have any insight into this?

I guess most of the major Europeans are there because of ranking points for the Mosconi Cup: http://www.matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup/#teamEurope

It would be great if Matchroom could figure out a way to have a Mosconi-style event in Asia to help promote more tournaments, like the Kremlin Cup, as they have for the European circuit

-Ben

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jqDwTJIF5g
This match is very promising on the losers side. M.He vs. C.Matikainen...great players showing very solid game. Both lost in deciders. Mario to ...polish player and Casper to Ruslan Chinakhov. It is live right now. Expecting to be fairly tight.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Tyler is the only American still on the winner's side.

Guess I should say only American in final 32 so far.

Billy and Corey play each other, so one of them will be out and not make final 32.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like all the American Mosconi Cuppers are going to the final 32 except Corey, who lost to Billy Thorpe 8-7. That includes Max Eberle, SVB, Billy, Tyler Styer, and Sky Woodward.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Single Elimination Stage

Single elimination brackets
https://tournamentservice.net/tournament.php?chart=30441
Starts 10am local time/ 3am Eastern (about 11 hours from now)

Niels v Kazakis
SVB v Sroczynski
Alcaide v Kaci
Gorst v Skyler
Ruslan Chinahov v Ralf
Styer v Dudanets

Top half slightly tougher than bottom half

Hey there Spartan. I had a look-see on Fargo myself and seem to have found him ranked 722.

Ggb8YL1

Thanks , must have missed it

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far this has been one of the best streamed easy to access tournaments. The feature mentioned earlier where you can access different matches if they are highlighted in red on the bracket by clicking on the camera icon is awesome .

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nice event.

The Asians are missed, but it's about 5,000 miles travel for the top Asians to get to Moscow, so it's understandable that they wont' travel that far to chase down a maximum payout of under $10,000.

… but that said, as Johann is using the Russian events as indicators for Mosconi-Cup worthiness, it is perhaps fitting that the Americans will be competing chiefly against the stars of Europe, especially in the single elimination stage that begins Friday.

I believe the most important matches for Team USA Mosconi consideration are those in which an American hopeful (Styer, Eberle, Deuel, Thorpe) plays against another American hopeful or against a top ten European.

Billy Thorpe's 8-2 win over Alex Kazakis was impressive, and he backed it up by beating Corey Deuel to advance to single elimination. Deuel weakened his case for selection with an 8-4 loss to Fedor Gorst. Styer is undefeated, but has drawn pretty easy so far. Max Eberle's only loss was a double hill loss to Ruslan Chinakhov, one of Europe's premier players, but Max rebounded to reach Stage 2.

Let's see what happens next.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Nice event.

The Asians are missed, but it's about 5,000 miles travel for the top Asians to get to Moscow, so it's understandable that they wont' travel that far to chase down a maximum payout of under $10,000.

… but that said, as Johann is using the Russian events as indicators for Mosconi-Cup worthiness, it is perhaps fitting that the Americans will be competing chiefly against the stars of Europe, especially in the single elimination stage that begins Friday.

I believe the most important matches for Team USA Mosconi consideration are those in which an American hopeful (Styer, Eberle, Deuel, Thorpe) plays against another American hopeful or against a top ten European.

Billy Thorpe's 8-2 win over Alex Kazakis was impressive, and he backed it up by beating Corey Deuel to advance to single elimination. Deuel weakened his case for selection with an 8-4 loss to Fedor Gorst. Styer is undefeated, but has drawn pretty easy so far. Max Eberle's only loss was a double hill loss to Ruslan Chinakhov, one of Europe's premier players, but Max rebounded to reach Stage 2.

Let's see what happens next.

Corey was also down 5 - 2 against Fillers wife Pia when I tuned in. Ended up winning 8 - 6, but not a very impressive showing in that match either. Shame, I always root for Corey, he's one of the most exciting players to watch especially in 8 ball = to Chohans excitement playing 1 pckt.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Corey was also down 5 - 2 against Fillers wife Pia when I tuned in. Ended up winning 8 - 6, but not a very impressive showing in that match either. Shame, I always root for Corey, he's one of the most exciting players to watch especially in 8 ball = to Chohans excitement playing 1 pckt.

Knowing Corey a bit...I suspect he was practising with Pia...trying things out.
....sometimes you get caught.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Knowing Corey a bit...I suspect he was practising with Pia...trying things out.
....sometimes you get caught.

Cool side story.. I was filling in for my club's Oberliga team this weekend in Darmstadt, and as I am playing, I notice a player in the back of the room, maybe 60-70 feet away. I think to myself.. "Man, than guy walks and strokes a lot like Joshua Filler"....

I then notice a blonde girl practicing on the table besides this person, and as she is a little closer, I recognize her as Joshua's gal, having watched a lot of Joshua at DCC in Ray's Action Room. I walk a little closer, and confirm that the player is Joshua Filler. He is on the newly recovered table in the back of the room, practicing drills.

I ask one of the Darmstadt team members if Joshua was living in the area, and they said, "No, he is just training." This didn't make a lot of sense to me, so after I finish my matches, I just sit and watching Josh practicing.. Later, I saw a fellow at the back of the room that had been watching Josh, and another young player, and talked to him. Found out, the fellow was the coach for the German national team, and that Joshua just dropped in to hit a few balls with the national team, before heading to Moscow... :)

I didn't end up talking with Josh, as I generally don't like to disturb practicing players, but did chat with Pia for about 10 minutes. She confirmed that "money was made" at DCC on the side games, and she thinks that the barbox 8 ball match against Corey was the only matchup Joshua lost while at Derby.

Short Bus Russ