Cutec Cynergy 15K

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job!
JoeyA

Out of those cf. shafts available now I've tested only Revo 12.9. Looking at this new Cuetec cf. shaft on the Cuetec's site in the construction section I'm sure it will play differently comparing to the Revo and for me the difference is not in its favor. Two things are much different:
1. that 15,5' almost zero rise taper
2. the construction of the ferrule
These two are the reasons for it will have worse energy transfer and more deflection than Revo. I guess it will be possible to get less deflection after just a simple procedure but probably good bye the warranty. When it comes to the taper and energy transfer it is what it is. That is all personal preferences. I'm sure it will find a lot of happy owners. I believe it plays closer to the maple shafts and for many it could be the benefit.

P.S. When it comes to me after testing Revo and getting to know its benefits I know for sure some degree and requirements to these new high tech shafts and if I decide to get one I won't look at the shaft which is perceptible behind the one I liked.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the 15K Cuetec shaft deflects the cueball VERY similarly to the Revo 12.9mm. You may be right about the ferrule but it is only 1/4" long so I don't think it will affect the cue ball squirt that much. I think I will get one for my POW-MIA cue just to make a comparison and who knows, my Mike Bender cue just might not be MIA.

JoeyA

Out of those cf. shafts available now I've tested only Revo 12.9. Looking at this new Cuetec cf. shaft on the Cuetec's site in the construction section I'm sure it will play differently comparing to the Revo and for me the difference is not in its favor. Two things are much different:
1. that 15,5' almost zero rise taper
2. the construction of the ferrule
These two are the reasons for it will have worse energy transfer and more deflection than Revo. I guess it will be possible to get less deflection after just a simple procedure but probably good bye the warranty. When it comes to the taper and energy transfer it is what it is. That is all personal preferences. I'm sure it will find a lot of happy owners. I believe it plays closer to the maple shafts and for many it could be the benefit.

P.S. When it comes to me after testing Revo and getting to know its benefits I know for sure some degree and requirements to these new high tech shafts and if I decide to get one I won't look at the shaft which is perceptible behind the one I liked.

cutemonster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does it have the same low deflection performance like Revo? I'm looking for one like Revo but with pro taper.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The C12.5 plays extremely similar to the R12.9 but with a more solid and nicer hit. I really don't know how to explain it, but I liked the C12.5 better than the R12.9. I also loved the white "ferrule". I hated the hit and feel of the R12.4

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only $50 cheaper. Lol there goes the 100s cheaper I heard from all the revo haters

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only $50 cheaper. Lol there goes the 100s cheaper I heard from all the revo haters

Remains to be seen what the price at market will be, perhaps not MSRP. Also consider the variety of joint types being offered by the Cuetec

No fish to fry here, haven’t shot with either.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the 15K Cuetec shaft deflects the cueball VERY similarly to the Revo 12.9mm. You may be right about the ferrule but it is only 1/4" long so I don't think it will affect the cue ball squirt that much. I think I will get one for my POW-MIA cue just to make a comparison and who knows, my Mike Bender cue just might not be MIA.

JoeyA
My guess and conclusion about deflection is also based on some information I got from the players I know. The amount of deflection is not so vital for me because I have so many year's experience with solid maple shafts and know how to deal with it but the taper and energy transfer is something I liked very much in Revo 12,9.
Anyway I'm the one who will look also for the extra length option 30' at least but 31' to be perfect. Revo does not meet this requirement for the time being.
If I summarize all I'm looking for I already know which cf.shaft suits my requirements atm and I'm waiting for some more feed for my thinking.
As I told I believe this new Cuetec shaft will find a lot of satisfied owners and there is no better way to get objective own opinion but to try it personally.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

From my own experience I can tell that even 1,5mm difference in ferrule width on the same cue plays quite a role in amount of squirt (I would say maybe 10%). And if I remember right Dr.Dave's comparison vid on Revo vs Cuetec 15K it concluded that while Revo has pivot point of 19in Cuetec 15K has pivot point of 13in. So while I would give a benefit of doubt/tolerance to those numbers to a certain extent because of possible inconsistencies of the stroke it is clear that 6in difference is quite big one. On the other hand we are talking only one aspect of those shafts, it may very well be that C15K will be a VERY good shaft suitable for many players, it will definitely have great stroke comfort due to long and slim taper and will be easier to aim with due to that white ferrule. But if you are looking for THE lowest deflection shaft I would be rather careful with C15K if I were you ;)

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love these new shafts. I use to dream of getting a Tasc or SW or any famous maker and now I think they are expensive pretentious junk. My dream cue is an Exceed with their ignite shafts. Pending release.

I may try cuetec for an alternative and sell it if I don’t like it.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love these new shafts. I use to dream of getting a Tasc or SW or any famous maker and now I think they are expensive pretentious junk. My dream cue is an Exceed with their ignite shafts. Pending release.

I may try cuetec for an alternative and sell it if I don’t like it.

I was thinking about doing the same thing...

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have a converted Revo. Hit's well. Had a chance to shoot with Jacoby's carbon composite prototype at the International Open. That hit very well too, was told it should be coming out in April. Haven't tried the cuetec or the Mezz proto yet.

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When can you find them at the various online billiards supply stores. Is there any as yet? Am seriously considering buying one.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will let you know once I try one at SBE. I am going to guess that the Cuetec booth will be crowded, and I hope they setup several tables for trying them out.

Does cuetec even set up at the expo any more? I’m not putting them down.. I just don’t remember seeing them because they didn’t have anything that interested me. I’ll be looking for this year for sure.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When can you find them at the various online billiards supply stores. Is there any as yet? Am seriously considering buying one.

I haven’t seen it actually for sale on any sites yet. Thier web site seems to be like predators. They refer you to a dealer to buy anything.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a revo 12.4 for my Josey two weeks ago, and love it. Played with Shane’s Cuetec in Vegas. Great hitting as well. I don’t think one is better than the other. My two cents is the revo is stiffer. I did have a few drinks in me before Shane gave me the reins.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've put in my order for a Cuetec Cynergy 15K shaft for my Bender cue. When it is delivered, I will try to remember to make a comparison review.

I don't expect the same amount of low deflection as I get with my REVO 12.00mm shaft but am hoping to improve my consistency on straight-in shots with the 15K. We'll see. I ordered the shaft to fit my Pow-Mia cue which won't be comparing apples to apples but regardless, I look forward to the testing just for the fun of it.

If I don't like it, I may just sell it to someone else that wants to test them out and save money.

JoeyA