Watches on the bridge hand

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I was referencing the huge size of many watches today...I just don't get it.
Ahh... nor do I.

You have short legs you buy short inseam pants, a giant head you buy a bigger hat, big feet means large shoes; but watches it's big regardless of wrist size for a lot of wearers. I think it looks ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people don’t pay attention to time, some are frugal minded, some don’t have a wrist or forearm
that looks good wearing a 42mm or larger watch case, some believe functionality is functionality and
manufacturer certifications and quality workmanship isn’t consequential and some are just creatures of
habit so changing just hasn’t any interest. Just like with pool cues, why spend thousands when you can
get a cue for hundreds? There is a difference in a well made custom cue and the average production cue
ordered from a catalog like some brand name cues available today. Watches are the same but in
fact, chronometers cost a lot more. COSC certification states that the watch will not vary more than 4 to
6 seconds per day (99.99% accuracy). I know that level of accuracy is not needed for everyday life but
it speaks volumes about the quality and performance of these type watches which are not for everyone.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love watches and wear one everyday. I’ve had Rolex, Omega, Panerai, etc. currently just wearing a Seiko SKX but planning for my next nice watch which will be one of the new white dial 114300 Oyster Perpetuals.

But, I just can’t wear one while playing pool. It bugs me and I feel it digging into the back of my hand sometimes when making a bridge. I tried, I tried hard to get used to it but I just couldn’t. Wish I could as it means I either have to put my watch in my case or not wear one. I just toss the Seiko in the cue case but doing that with my Rolex was less than ideal.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I love watches and wear one everyday. I’ve had Rolex, Omega, Panerai, etc. currently just wearing a Seiko SKX but planning for my next nice watch which will be one of the new white dial 114300 Oyster Perpetuals.

But, I just can’t wear one while playing pool. It bugs me and I feel it digging into the back of my hand sometimes when making a bridge. I tried, I tried hard to get used to it but I just couldn’t. Wish I could as it means I either have to put my watch in my case or not wear one. I just toss the Seiko in the cue case but doing that with my Rolex was less than ideal.
You need a Casebudi.
d50276b14712ed0b89fe91ea95006c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Mike Sigel putting his watch back on after his 150 and out vs Mike Zuglan.
I couldn't find the run on google so I could be wrong on which match it was.
steven

I took a lesson from Mike several years ago. It's a mid-80s two-tone Rolex Datejust. Classic watch.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love watches. I bought myself a Rolex Submariner as an Air Force retirement gift to myself. I wear it every single day. Often I forget to take it off.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Submariner watches by Rolex are a classic design that will stand the test of time and
never go out of style. Rolex is at the top rung on the quality ladder for chronometers.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear one with a camera and aiming system app I developed to show me the pivot point on each shot.