Singapore Info Anyone?

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
I'm over here in Singapore on business. Does anyone know of a true "pool hall" here? I only tried asking one of the employees here who directed me across the street to the Raffles Hotel.....they indeed did have a "billiard room" but all it had was 2 HUGE 12 foot snooker tables......they looked quite intimidating actually:eek: I was tired and just had a look.....did not play....I may go back sometime and actually hit some balls on them.....but what I'm really looking for is just a pool hall with 9 foot tables to hit some balls or play some cheap sets.......anyone know anything??

OriontheHunter

Dreamin' of Pool Cues
Silver Member
9_Ball_King said:
I'm over here in Singapore on business. Does anyone know of a true "pool hall" here? I only tried asking one of the employees here who directed me across the street to the Raffles Hotel.....they indeed did have a "billiard room" but all it had was 2 HUGE 12 foot snooker tables......they looked quite intimidating actually:eek: I was tired and just had a look.....did not play....I may go back sometime and actually hit some balls on them.....but what I'm really looking for is just a pool hall with 9 foot tables to hit some balls or play some cheap sets.......anyone know anything??

I hope this helps. The link below gives you a list of pool halls in Singapore.

http://www.easypooltutor.com/module...tstart=0&limitend=10&numrows=13&page=0&type=1

Buddha's Belly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't lke the place you could try Le Meridien (orchad) it's on the ground floor, when you enter from Orchad side it will be on the left wing of the building, good luck.
If you go to Bali I definately can suggest my place ;)

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
Thanks!

Thanks OriontheHunter and Buddah's Belly.....I think I may try Lucky Plaza this weekend......will let you know how it went........I better get to sleep now so I have energy for work in the morning:)

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9_Ball_King said:

Dear 9 Ball King,

I sure hope more singaporeans respond to this thread for you because I haven't been home in a while and my info is more likely than not, outdated. I would also post on poolfanatic.com (currently down but expected to be up real soon) as there are many singapore pool players there you can hook up with.

Considering that you probably don't know your way around the city that well, you might want to stick around the downtown area, and that's where all the major pool halls are at. The top floor of Lucky Plaza is ok, Pool Junction and Labyrinth close to Dhoby Ghaut MRT are beautiful pool halls, there is a one at Hotel Le Meridien, Pool Haven is where a lot of the national players practice (I heard they moved but not sure to where), and somebody else recommended Klassic, where I haven't been before, but I heard a lot of good players frequent the place.

At all of these places, you can definitely find some action. I don't know the size of your bankroll, but the good thing is that the USD is stronger than the SGD so that would work out great for you. Having some locals point out the local sharks / regulars / national players might be to your advantage.

Good luck,
ray

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My mistake, poolfanatic.com is running again. I would highly recommend posting there if you want to meet singaporean pool players in a friendly environment. A lot of them meet very regularly and make up the core of pool playing in singapore.

http://www.poolfanatic.com/

Also, while you're in singapore, you should try out those real-sized snooker tables!

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
BIG is not the word

:D Also, while you're in singapore, you should try out those real-sized snooker tables![/QUOTE]

Thanks raemondo, I definitely plan on playing on those monster tables.....probably won't be able to make a ball:D thanks so much for responding....

miko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9_Ball_King said:

The pool hall in Lucky Plaza has already closed.. Are you looking to match up? Labyrinth in middle road is using the brunswick metro.. although more of casual players go there.. Klassic in Jalan Sultan is a nice place.. its currently where the national players practice.. you can also try cushion and cues in tanjong pagar.. this is where we usually play.. and we will be having a pool tournament for a fallen comrade...

Lemme know if you want to shoot some..

psychoblinker

where's my milk?!
Silver Member
klassic at sultan plaza is great cause the its big room and the tables are well kept. alot of action if you know who to ask.

triumph cue sports along south bridge road(next to boat quay) is a smaller room but the tables and cloth are in tip top condition. good action there too. just ask the owners (alex or alan) triumph is great cause there are a lot of watering holes just behind so you could have a cold one after the game. hope this helps. if you want give me a call we will have a game or two. im not a great player but i dont mind playing pool with anyone. 94743081 local singapore number.

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
hi psychoblinker.....I'm not really looking to matchup or anything.....although anything is possible...just really looking to hit 'em around awhile....I didn't even bring my cues as I tried to pack light.....would love to just go to a nice place and play for a coupla hours....maybe we can hook up over the weekend...

psychoblinker

where's my milk?!
Silver Member
sure man just give me a call. if i can make it ill be there. no matchups or anything. i didnt mean that lol. just having a game or two...

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Get ready for a lot of strong players.

I played in a tournament in January. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was upstairs on a corner and across the street from a big Chinese food court.

I finished in the top 16 out of 84, and no pros were allowed. The tournament was sponsored by Perriet in Singapore so all the players could drink all the free Perriet we wanted.

Everyone was very friendly and the action there is safe & friendly.

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuaba said:

I played in a tournament in January. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was upstairs on a corner and across the street from a big Chinese food court.

I finished in the top 16 out of 84, and no pros were allowed. The tournament was sponsored by Perriet in Singapore so all the players could drink all the free Perriet we wanted.

Dear Cuaba,

Are you from Singapore as well? I am also stuck in the cornfields of IL.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
No

raemondo said:
Dear Cuaba,

Are you from Singapore as well? I am also stuck in the cornfields of IL.

I'm here in Illinois. I live in Asia about 1/3 of the year. I'm going back in 2 weeks.

pok

Registered
Hi there,
go onto the pool fanatic forum and search for pool hall list, theres a past posting on most of the poolhall in Singapore. you may not understand some of the Singaporean slang though:D . hope u enjoy your visit.

Eric

psychoblinker

where's my milk?!
Silver Member
pok said:
Hi there,
go onto the pool fanatic forum and search for pool hall list, theres a past posting on most of the poolhall in Singapore. you may not understand some of the Singaporean slang though:D . hope u enjoy your visit.

Eric

haha yeah.. us singaporeans speak funny:D :D wah lau eh!!:D :D

Originally Posted by Cuaba

yeah a lot of strong non-pro players. specially the younger guys... pool has taken off in singpore the last couple of years... no support from the official bodies though...

:( too bad im not one of them...