Ivory value

onepktplyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a house and in the basement is an old upright piano from the late 20's early 30's. the keys Appear to be ivory. What would these be worth if they in fact actually are ivory? Any help would be appreciated.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ivory piano keys have very little value to cuemakers as they are too thin for inlays. The last ones I bought were less than fifty cents each. Guitar makers or someone who inlays into flat surfaces might be willing to pay a little more.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ivory piano keys have very little value to cuemakers as they are too thin for inlays. The last ones I bought were less than fifty cents each. Guitar makers or someone who inlays into flat surfaces might be willing to pay a little more.

Is that your standing buy price on them? :grin:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I recently bought a house and in the basement is an old upright piano from the late 20's early 30's. the keys Appear to be ivory. What would these be worth if they in fact actually are ivory? Any help would be appreciated.

Find out the species of wood the piano is made from. I know someone that had a Brazilian rosewood couch from the 50's and it became quite a few cues...

JV

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I don't even want any at that price as I still have a stack of them I may never use.

LOL - a multi-lifetime supply. We get calls almost every day from people looking to sell their 'valuable' piano keys. Enjoy the week.