What's the value of this Craig Peterson cue?

onepktplyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the approximate value of this Craig Peterson cue? Two shafts, one 12.8 one 12.6mm. Both shafts and butt roll straight as an arrow. Been in a case for 20 years. I think I got an amazing deal on it but just want to hear everyone's opinions on value.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 968

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few for sale on Cornerstone cues just now, go and check them out...

IMO, I would have thought $4-$5K

Last edited:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few for sale on Cornerstone cues just now, go and check them out...

IMO, I would have thought $4-$5K

Good call grant. I would think that this cue would be more in the 3,500 range . I just look up a Buska style one that had a lot more work in it that Went up to 5,100 on eBay and didn't meet the reserve.

Last edited:

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only way to know values anymore is through a sale. Anything over 2200 woukd be a windfall.

onepktplyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies. I've had a few crazy offers on it and some that made me contemplate selling. I'm in it quite cheap and it plays lights out. I may park the Tascarella and start playing with this. I welcome all info on the cue. Thanks again everyone.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies. I've had a few crazy offers on it and some that made me contemplate selling. I'm in it quite cheap and it plays lights out. I may park the Tascarella and start playing with this. I welcome all info on the cue. Thanks again everyone.

enjoy it!!!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking How Much After You Buy Is a Little Late.......IMO

Asking how much your cue is worth on the Forum is likely to invite a bunch of differing opinions.
Some will make you feel like you got a great cue at a great price while others make you feel like a fool.
If you like your cue, you paid the right price. If you need to know you got it at a bargain, you likely overpaid.

You see, asking if it is worth more or less than what you paid serves no purpose whatsoever.
On any given day in any given period, the market will pay you more or less than on another occasion.
If the right buyer comes along, you'll do fine but that seldom happens nowadays, or so the market reflects.

Post photos of your cue in the Cue Gallery if you are looking for compliments or feedback on your cue.
List in for sale on the Forum if you want to sell it and list it for $150 more than you originally paid for it.
That will cover all your original handling to get the cue and to ship it to its new owner if it actually sold.
See how many offers you get........probably a lot less than you think and for a whole lot less than listed.

The resale market is indeed a fickle beast. Some brand new cues aren't even commanding full price.
Fancy custom cues are taking a beating.......I could name the threads & cue-makers but why bother.
Anyone that follows the resale market via AZ or other website participation knows this to be true.
Facebook has propelled cue sales into the social media foray but prices aren't improving due to it.

Anyway, asking how much your cue is worth will invite confusing, conflicting opinions from people
who would never pay you what they posted your cue is worth if you agreed with their estimated value.
Only the people that give you a low ball estimate would pony up the money and you wouldn't sell.
Bottom-line: Asking how much you cue is worth really will either give you heartburn or unrealistic joy.

Matt B.

onepktplyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of that's completely understood. I follow the secondary market pretty heavily. I have not seen a Peterson cue in person or know someone In my direct circle that has sold any minus bill at cornerstone. He's about 45 min away from me. His are a lil fancier than mine. I know I got a good deal on it. My question was more so for someone who's bought or sold one. Someone can ask whatever they want for a cue. Doesn't mean that's what the market is bearing.