Jackpot Cues

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not Zorro cues? After all, no one knows the name behind the mask. :thumbup:

After seeing the recently posted pictures, and the cue being 60" with two shafts, if I was on the hunt for a cue I would give these Zorro cues a serious consideration. $500 for that cue w/2 shafts is not a bad price, and actually an outstanding price if the cue has the hit one is looking for.

The money back guarantee just sweetens the pot even more.

I have a cue that I have no idea who made it. A 60" plain-Jane that came with two shafts. I like it. Won a couple local tournaments with it and placed in the money in several others.

I don't buy cues to collect or to re-sell. I buy cues to play pool with. I don't particularly give a rat's *ass who makes my cues as long as I like them, and I haven't heard one single negative thing from those who have purchased one.

If this thread wasn't running on Eveready batteries, it would have died out some time ago. :grin-square:

Maniac

I demand to know who made those batteries. It's my God given right. Did Eveready sub any of that labor out? I only own Duracell, but I won't sleep until I know if this is also Dean's dirty work. That son of a b owes us answers. And I mean now.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"In contract manufacturing, we don’t disclose who we’re making products for. Even if there were no NDA in place, it’s just unprofessional to disclose who our customers are."

True!

But those relationships are well known, well documented, and mutually agreeable to the manufacturer, the distributor, the retailer, and the CUSTOMER......BEFORE THE MARKETING BEGINS.

If the marketing that precedes a new product is not honest, the customer has the right to know.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I don’t get it. It’s like you’re citing rules base on a specific game, but it’s not the game you’re thinking.

In contract manufacturing, we don’t disclose who we’re making products for...

Do those you are doing contract work for claim they are doing the work themselves?

Sent from the future.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
"In contract manufacturing, we don’t disclose who we’re making products for. Even if there were no NDA in place, it’s just unprofessional to disclose who our customers are."

True!

But those relationships are well known, well documented, and mutually agreeable to the manufacturer, the distributor, the retailer, and the CUSTOMER......BEFORE THE MARKETING BEGINS.

If the marketing that precedes a new product is not honest, the customer has the right to know.

This isn’t true. Not by a long shot. The customer and retailer have no idea who makes 99% of all products used.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do those you are doing contract work for claim they are doing the work themselves?

Sent from the future.

There is no answer I can give you that will make sense. Simply because you don’t know the industry. You don’t need to think too hard to realize the answer (being yes).

Mazda builds excellent trucks.

Tim Scruggs built amazing sneaky Petes

Bob builds great houses

Honda Accords are American Made

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
There is no answer I can give you that will make sense. Simply because you don’t know the industry. You don’t need to think too hard to realize the answer (being yes).

Mazda builds excellent trucks.

Tim Scruggs built amazing sneaky Petes

Bob builds great houses

Honda Accords are American Made
I probably would understand but it's not important. The example is kind of the opposite of this matter anyhow.

More than a few watch companies have run into bad PR by trying to create the illusion that they are a 100% in house maker...most really aren't and even though it shouldn't matter to buyers many get very upset if they discover the truth about outsourcing...especially if its outside Switzerland.
Sent from the future.

Last edited:

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This doesn’t seem like a case like those other few where the cue makers were outright scamming folks. . . . These folks knew they wouldn’t be told who was making the cue.

Where in the marketing of these cues was it said that customers would not be told who was making the cue?

OklaPony

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread certainly has been an interesting one to follow. I tried contacting deanoc via PM regarding the purchase of one of these cues and never received a reply. I don't know him from Adam but his reputation as a seller certainly seems robust. I hardly ever play anymore but was interested in a cue with the Potter connection since a number of years ago I had owned, then subsequently sold, a Libra cue and have come to regret doing so.

:shrug:

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is one ferrule over an inch long ?
It's strange to see long ferrules these days.

Good eye. Both ferrules are the same length, about 1.2" according to my calipers.

I recall they are different materials, and the are slightly different colors, but I don't recall what they are. Trying to search for the correct "Jackpot" thread to see what is mentioned would be way too time consuming.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"This isn’t true. Not by a long shot. The customer and retailer have no idea who makes 99% of all products used."

My point, of course, is that the CUSTOMER understands all of that BEFORE he makes his purchase. He doesn't care who puts the string beans in the can. AND he buys them anyway. But if he is told that the string beans are grown by Libby and canned by Libby and distributed by Libby and he later finds out for a fact that the string beans are NOT by Libby, then he has been swindled.

Cost of goods sold is not germane to this discussion. This is an issue about integrity, not product. All of the deflecting and obfuscating and emotionality and clutching of pearls and thumbing of rosaries does NOT matter.

If the product was misrepresented, the matter needs to be resolved! An unresolved issue never goes away.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the product was misrepresented, the matter needs to be resolved! An unresolved issue never goes away.

Well then, it’s a good thing the matter was resolved many pages ago and actually before that. And every buyer has been informed. All done now? Or is there yet another phantom complaint.?

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question becomes when the owner of these cues decides to sell one..........does he have to list it as a unknown maker?

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These aren't custom. They are assembled in a group.
Perhaps, but it's not a standard production cue that you can buy at any store or online. More of a limited edition I guess,
The Jackpot cues appear to be custom cues the same way this cue appears to be a custom cue, or a "limited edition" if you want to call it that :eek:

Attachments

• schmelke-min.jpg
    schmelke-min.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 261

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread certainly has been an interesting one to follow. I tried contacting deanoc via PM regarding the purchase of one of these cues and never received a reply. I don't know him from Adam but his reputation as a seller certainly seems robust. I hardly ever play anymore but was interested in a cue with the Potter connection since a number of years ago I had owned, then subsequently sold, a Libra cue and have come to regret doing so.

:shrug:

Another option might be for you to get in touch with Dave Brainerd at Cues Directly out of Oregon. You'll see him mentioned by a few members in several posts 2 or 3 pages back. He is a member here and he responded to their comments. He is an honest, enthusiastic no BS cuemaker whose cues look and hit great and his cues will apparently be about as connected to Jack Potter as the Jackpot cues seem to be. :thumbup:

I have a couple African Blackwood merry widows from Dave that I received a couple months ago and was very impressed. See pics of one below. He let me choose the specs, tips, ferrule material, and even the orange swirly acrylic rings so I got a real custom cue for well below the price of a Jackpot. And, his shaftwood is A+++. Cannot beat this deal!

Whatever you decide, good luck.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Cues-Directly-full.jpg
    Cues-Directly-full.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Cues-Directly-full-2.jpg
    Cues-Directly-full-2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 473
  • Cues-Directly-wrap-back.jpg
    Cues-Directly-wrap-back.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread was great for me

Could care less about Jack, or pot, or a $500 cue. But I did learn of a super affordable made the right way cue maker, cue seller with reasonable pricing and ordered me one right up. Thanks David and cues directly. Excited to receive it. :smile:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I'm going to bang some balls around tomorrow and am trying to decide what cues I'm going to take to Hawaiian Brian's.

There are two that I know I'm going to take:

My Becue.

My Jackpot.

The decision is between my Mike Gulyassy white ebony merry widow PHX cue and my Murray Tucker cocobolo Sneaky Pete.

I just re-tipped the Tucker, so that will probably get the nod, so I can break in the new tips some.

All of my cues hit good, so it's hard to leave them in the closet being lonely for a long time. I need to re-tip my old A.E. Schmidt Titlist and get it back into action. I had it made 47 years ago.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tucker.

If not that, then the tucker.

FWIW, I'm going to bang some balls around tomorrow and am trying to decide what cues I'm going to take to Hawaiian Brian's.

There are two that I know I'm going to take:

My Becue.

My Jackpot.

The decision is between my Mike Gulyassy white ebony merry widow PHX cue and my Murray Tucker cocobolo Sneaky Pete.

I just re-tipped the Tucker, so that will probably get the nod, so I can break in the new tips some.

All of my cues hit good, so it's hard to leave them in the closet being lonely for a long time. I need to re-tip my old A.E. Schmidt Titlist and get it back into action. I had it made 47 years ago.