Custom Pool Room

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
This is still one of my favorite threads of all time on AZB. Wish it was a coffee table book to look at from time to time.

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for bumping this thread, as I never saw it before! As many, I spent my morning sipping coffee and watching this beautiful, and can I say "EPIC" project come together.

I am glad I had the chance to see it all in one go, and not wait for the updates! It's like starting a TV show when the series is already over, and you can watch all the seasons back to back without having to wait a week between episodes!

Awesome work, and congratulations once again.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I havent been back to read y'alls follow up posts, but thanks alot guys! I've been enjoying the room and spending time with family and friends. I still cant shoot worth a darn but hey, I win a whole lot more than I lose (that doesn't say much about the guys I play against).
The room hasn't seen many changes since I last posted just a few new wall decors and small items. I'm sure glad Football season has started! I do enjoy Thursday nights!
Take care AZer's

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...You did such an amazing job on your "man cave". It's an inspiration to many others! Still planning to come see it in person one of these days! Thanks for sharing the entire process with us! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I got to thinking about this thread the other day...this is my all time favorite thread in AZ...such a positive thread...and I still remember the excitement I felt waiting for the updates to show up while this was going on!

I just thought I'd bump a "positive" thread for anyone who hadn't seen it...or for a walk down Memory Lane for those of us who were willing voyeurs along the way! ;)

The Piper

Get Ugly...
Silver Member
Has there ever been a final picture of the room? like a walkthrough?

This is an incredible idea and I'm jealous.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Please forgive my ignorance with regards to building.

It looks like the whole unit is resting on cinderblocks.
Wouldn't it move back and fourth or do you pull the blocks out and the unit rests on the ground.

If that is the case why have it up on blocks.

Thanks for the pictures and process, pretty incredible.

I have come across several projects on-line where several individuals have documented there progress and I have really enjoyed following them. So I figured it be nice to share my latest project of building my Custom Pool Room. I am on a budget and as to be able to build such a project I will be performing all of the work myself as I do with all of my projects.
I am an Engineering Tech Designer with a back ground in Archetictural and Structural design. I have been working with AutoCad for the last 22 years. My real passion is building anything and everything. My father was a builder and carpenter, he's now retired.
I started planning the Room back in March with the support of my wife. It's located in back of my lot. Fortunately I have a large lot. As most of my projects it started as a drawing. I designed the layout about seven years ago thinking "one day", well that day came this year when my wife told me if I built her the privacy fence she's been wanting, I can do anything I want. Well that fence went up in nine days!! The following week I started the final design work and submitted the plans to the city for permitting. I had an issue with set back requirements, but got it resolved and started the project in late March.
Here are some pictures of the progress and I'll continue to update this post as the project continues.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember it right it was built that way so he could move the building if the need ever came to do so.

Last edited:

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I think he said to pass building codes it had to be a “portable building”. Otherwise the building set backs and permit costs changed dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he said to pass building codes it had to be a “portable building”. Otherwise the building set backs and permit costs changed dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that is probably true, He is in or near the city of Austin and they stick it to you 5 ways to Sunday if you want to build anything!:eek:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I remember this thread. What a killer project!!

The OP hasn't posted on the forum since 2014.

This guy is not only a great craftsman but a great designer as well.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep! Dan you still out there?!?!?!?

I'm local, Have cues, beverages of your choice and a Covid Facemask at the ready!

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And to keep things in perspective, he built that room for roughly the cost of a new 9' Diamond installed.