What kind of table is this?

bfoley2

This table came with the house I just bought. Trying to identify what type of table it is, if anyone knows if it is one or three piece slate, and how much I should ask for it. Unfortunately the room this table takes up I need to use for a play room. There is a missing oval pendent on one of the short sides. Here are some pictures of the table I look forward to any feedback. Thank you!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table came with the house I just bought. Trying to identify what type of table it is, if anyone knows if it is one or three piece slate, and how much I should ask for it. Unfortunately the room this table takes up I need to use for a play room. There is a missing oval pendent on one of the short sides. Here are some pictures of the table I look forward to any feedback. Thank you!
No pics........

bfoley2

struggling...my first post lol tried a couple ways to try to attach five pictures and they didnt pull through working on it

bfoley2

Hoping they pull through this time... IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9673.jpg

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a nice table and setup to me. I'm not sure what kind of table it is but I am sure some on this Forum will probably come up with the answer for you.

Enjoy your new table! Oh, and your new house too..:)

r/DCP

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generic Asian table. If made by, or contracted by any of the top manufacturers it would have an ID plate on a rail cap. Not to say it’s a bad table, but usually has big pockets with bad angles, which equates to just recreational use only, not for serious play.

You will be lucky to get 500 for it. The market is flooded with these. Many are just being given away if the new owner will just come move it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bfoley2

Generic Asian table. If made by, or contracted by any of the top manufacturers it would have an ID plate on a rail cap. Not to say it’s a bad table, but usually has big pockets with bad angles, which equates to just recreational use only, not for serious play.

You will be lucky to get 500 for it. The market is flooded with these. Many are just being given away if the new owner will just come move it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the third picture you can see there’s a place for an oval plate or something on the rail that’s missing assuming that had the brand or something on it at some point but still think it’s just something generic?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the third picture you can see there’s a place for an oval plate or something on the rail that’s missing assuming that had the brand or something on it at some point but still think it’s just something generic?

Yes.

That said, now is a pretty good time to sell a table, with the reduction of social outings and all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you should probably say where in the country you are. Somebody on here might want it or be able to assist with your house clearing.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The photo of the missing nameplate is too small for me to be certain, but it looks like an Olhausen.

It is 3 piece slate.

Should be worth an easy $300. But, with COVID, people are buying up tables like crazy in my area.. I've recently moved similar tables that buyers paid $600+ for.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If there is a pool table in the room, it's already a play room.

Asking $500 for it should sell at that price pretty fast, although I got a similar model for free when I was looking for a table.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be worth an easy $300. But, with COVID, people are buying up tables like crazy in my area.. I've recently moved similar tables that buyers paid $600+ for.
On the other hand, it's been raining Gold Crowns in Ohio for less than $500 via a pool room in a box.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be an Olhausen, they always had the same shape ID plate on the rail cap. The OP could always shoot an email to Olhausen.com. In the FWIW department, I see why the ID plate came off, it pretty much takes up the whole flat portion of the rail cap, so the small portion of oak that should be protecting the backside of the plate was probably broken off by folks breaking and running cues and fingers over that area, which exposed the edge of the plate. I haven't been around many Olhausens, but the ones I've seen had a solid area for mounting the ID plate, not at all like the one pictured. In my humble opinion even if an Olhausen it's not worth much more than the typical Asian import. It still has the big pockets with messed up mitre angles. It needs new cloth, which is 200 to 250 or so, plus you got to pay to get it moved and setup.