Another Pool Hall Closing (Stixx Rancho Cucamonga)

Bentnbroken

There is no reason pool halls should be closed, rent every other table require masks if you must, but let these folks continue to make a living, and I am tired of not having any local competition. Nice to play somewhere other than home.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know if it is true or not, but a flight attendent once told me that more people travel through Atlanta International Airport in 1 week than through Sydney's airport in a year. Could certainly be hyperbole, but I would assume the sheer number of people (or lack thereof) coming into and leaving New Zealand might have something to do with their success.

Try flying into New Zealand right now. Good luck!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
There is no reason pool halls should be closed, rent every other table require masks if you must, but let these folks continue to make a living, and I am tired of not having any local competition. Nice to play somewhere other than home.

staying current with local politics plays a big role

Courts have long recognized that local governments should have a right to change their land use policies from time to time, in order to adapt to changes in a particular community. This allows cities to change the land use designation for existing lawful businesses from "permitted" to a status known as "non-conforming."

schools and nursing homes are open for business, pool halls should be too.

liquor stores are essential

and pool halls and bars make sure dispensing liquor is in proper dosages.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if it is true or not, but a flight attendent once told me that more people travel through Atlanta International Airport in 1 week than through Sydney's airport in a year. Could certainly be hyperbole, but I would assume the sheer number of people (or lack thereof) coming into and leaving New Zealand might have something to do with their success.

That Atlanta Airport is one of the busiest in the world! Number 2 in fact:

By flights:

https://www.internationalairportrev...20-busiest-airports-world-aircraft-movements/

Last edited:

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Another Alex. Alex Lao for short .
Alex is also Efren's former road manager.
Alex also managed Shooters in Riverside for years before going on his own.
Alex was also responsible for introducing me and Efren to the late cue maker Judd Fuller.
Joey: I see cars in the lot at DannyK's. Is any pool going on, or is it just the bar and food?

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been taking care of my dear wife Shirley the last three years, as she has been bedridden from cancer. She died on Monday. I'm missing her so much.

I quit cold turkey back in 2015. She later told me she had been praying I would stop, but she never bugged me about it. I think the cancer was growing then, as she was often in pain, but wrote it off as arthritis or old age.

Are the weekly tournaments running again? Is Fernny still TD? Are the tables open for practice during the day? I would have to get back in stroke.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have been taking care of my dear wife Shirley the last three years, as she has been bedridden from cancer. She died on Monday. I'm missing her so much.

I quit cold turkey back in 2015. She later told me she had been praying I would stop, but she never bugged me about it. I think the cancer was growing then, as she was often in pain, but wrote it off as arthritis or old age.

Are the weekly tournaments running again? Is Fernny still TD? Are the tables open for practice during the day? I would have to get back in stroke.
Sorry for your loss JP. DK's is back to normal. Fernie's still there.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes the tourneys are running and yes Fernny is still running them. Sorry about your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Shirley.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss JP. DK's is back to normal. Fernie's still there.
Thank you, Joey. Please say hi to Fernie for me.

I had cataract surgery on my left eye last December, but it didn't go well. For now I'm basically blind in my left eye. The doc said he couldn't remove all of the cataract, so I have to go back for more surgery at some point. Meanwhile, my right eye is getting worse...

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just found out two days ago that my local pool hall is closing it’s doors and selling all assets. This is a moral blow to me. When I decided to start playing pool again after being away from the game for 20 years, Stixx was chosen room. I have since been playing the weekly tournaments and playing recreational along with money matches there. I can’t believe it’s closing. I was actually in talks to purchase the room as a business however the reason it is closing is due to COVID. The owner is roughly 7 months behind in rent leaving him in debt almost 6 figures and rising. Therefore the landlord has decided to file a lawsuit against the owner trying to collect.

This is a very, very sad time. This is the second room that has closed in the past 2 months. Stixx was a place where I saw and socialized with my fellow players. Only a few months ago Efren was there playing exhibition matches. Weekdays were packed with APA and ball bangers along with serious players (not saying APA is not serious). Weekends there was a line out the door waiting for a table.

This is a travesty!
Is that the PoolRoom that young Crockett played at...?