Eddie Cohen “DOOM” Color of Money Tribute

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Here is Eddie Cohens interpretation of the famous Color of Money cue originally made by Joss. While this cue does resemble the original, it is still wildly different and he nailed it. The Abalone Ringwork is absolutely amazing and the silver work is spot on. The silver is hard to show in the photos but all of the diamonds are silver.

And how cool is the joint protector? Simple but every pool player will appreciate it.

“What you got in there?” “In here? DOOM..."

This cue will be available for purchase and listed shortly.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful tribute. Those veneers rock. And I love the rings.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie did a splendid job with this design.........without a doubt, it's the best looking version I've seen,
probably because I'm real partial about the joint.......the orig. had a 5/16x14 steel or alike as I recall.
This one is a real sweetheart.....captured my attention at first sight.

Matt B.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Nice work but I would have liked to see the "V" shapes in the sleeve following the contour of the diamond. THAT, for me, would have made it familiar but unique. Eddie's cues look very nice.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Love this cue! The rings are awesome and I love the COM theme done in a unique way. Beautiful cue!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sonny......you used a term that often becomes chum for the sharks........."tribute cue".
There are some that have very strong opinions about copying a cue design and that
in turn leads to debate about reproductions, tributes, replicas, clones (ugh!), etc.

I think a cue should stand on its own merit and this one distinguishes itself from others.
The design, while certainly not original, is executed marvelously in my opinion and the
cue-maker intentionally deviated from the cue in the movie using a ivory joint and as you
aptly pointed out, even a different wrap. So even if the underlying intention had been to
produce a replica, Eddie missed the mark a little but I think it was done intentionally,

I think the white stuff is ivory but I don't know that fer sure. Eddie was transitioning away
from ivory like all the other CA cue-makers such as Ernie G, Ed Prewitt, etc. because
the new ivory ban starts in a month from now and they aren't to make any more pool cues
containing any ivory whatsoever. This cue from Eddie was started awhile ago so I have a
suspicion it could be loaded with ivory. I know it would have been if it were my pool cue.

This is a classy design and while it may resemble the Joss N7 design in the movie, it is a
spectacular design that stands on its own merit, The fact that the design looks like the cue
in the movie, as far as I'm concerned, this one is distinctly different and so much better. The
owner of this cue should be pleased and proud. I wish I had considered using this great design.

Matt B.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
love the looks of the cue. blue vaneers will intrigue me every time. glad it's signed Cohen instead of the Hebrew that it seems Eddie has been signing with lately. For some reason I'm not a fan of his signature when he uses the Hebrew. Probable because I like seeing the actual name of the maker.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The movie cue was not an N7. It was a J18. :wink:

And Joss did and does offer leather as an option. And even an Ivory joint if you want. :wink:

This cue is beautiful, no matter what you call it. Certainly it is a stylistic nod to the COM cue. :smile:

I called it a "tribute" myself, knowing that might attract attention. But I honestly don't care what people think of my use of the term. :grin-square:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's for the correction on the model Joss.....I've heard others also incorrectly refer to it as a N-7.

The options which Joss offers is great if you wanted to order the cue.
However, the cue in the movie didn't use have any of those options.

That's why I think this one is all the more special and it also looks much better
than the Joss cue in the movie, or for that matter, any Joss cue I've recently seen.

Regardless of how it is different or similar, Eddie really knocked it our of the park.
The new cue owner will get stares and compliments on this cue for many years to come.

Matt B.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
All white on the cue except for the ferrules and butt are Ivory. Thanks for all of the compliments.

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paua shell inlays at the rings in all postions
Ivory joint and inlays
Silver notched diamonds
The only white thing that is not ivory is the delrin buttcap

For orders or inquiries email me eddie@cohencues.com

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Actually, there is some reason for the discrepancy in the Joss model number with this cue. First picture is a CueStix ad for both Joss and Schon cues, with this cue being a JN-7. Second picture is, I believe the real brochure picture of this cue, a model 18, no J or N.

There could have been other brochure versions with varying model numbers; hope this adds some clarity.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Joss COM 1.jpg
    Joss COM 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,528
  • Joss COM 2.jpg
    Joss COM 2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,801

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Will for posting this......... I was a little worried about loosing my memory when I referred to the cue in the movie as a Joss Model N-7 cue in my post (#8).

That's how I recall this cue & my Runde Schon was completed the year before the movie was released. I recall this Joss cue in particular as it became very popular.

TX again Will.........I knew it was too early for the onset of dementia.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, good thing you acted because if it was around next week, I was thinking of just pulling the trigger one last time
before the CA ivory ban hits. I'm debating buying a Hercek cue right now because the joint is piloted ivory instead of
flat ivory like the joint this handsome cue has. I think I'd probably haven gotten this one because it has a flat ivory cue
joint like all my other cues......Kaiser....great score getting this cue.

Matt B.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is Eddie Cohens interpretation of the famous Color of Money cue originally made by Joss. While this cue does resemble the original, it is still wildly different and he nailed it. The Abalone Ringwork is absolutely amazing and the silver work is spot on. The silver is hard to show in the photos but all of the diamonds are silver.

And how cool is the joint protector? Simple but every pool player will appreciate it.

“What you got in there?” “In here? DOOM..."

This cue will be available for purchase and listed shortly.

Doom indeed. I'd say Mr. Cohen knocked that one out of the park. Thank you for sharing those pics. :cool:
j2