Dieckman is crazy!

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the pic of the "Unknown Cuebuilder". So that's how he comes up with his ideas :) :eek: ...he doesn't look :grin:.

Dave

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard this was his Thinking Room for all those designzzzzz.

restroomz2.jpg

But Then He could be getting his yard Ready for Halloween or Neu arrivalzzzz !!

Pumpkinbutt.jpg

I Heard He also joined This group:

View attachment untitled.bmp

In all ways I hope you make it up there before The 9th of Oct, Yiu going to send me Copy of the Project you two will be doing?????

Last edited:

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
I heard this was his Thinking Room for all those designzzzzz.

View attachment 154155

But Then He could be getting his yard Ready for Halloween or Neu arrivalzzzz !!

View attachment 154156

I Heard He also joined This group:

View attachment 154157

In all ways I hope you make it up there before The 9th of Oct, Yiu going to send me Copy of the Project you two will be doing?????

I will be in Detroit on the 7th, at the crack of noon! No copy's sent out until I am finished. Sometime early 2012 hopefully before the end of the calender;)

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"crazy?"

wHY WOULD YOU THINK HE'S CRAZIE?
2010%20mar%20JIMBO%20%20me%20in%20bag.JPG

"Your the one that's crazy, Bugliosi!"
Famous quote from humanities long lost cousin!

....when I first got into cue making I wanted to study everything on butterfly points. Saw an add in a pool magazine for a video on how to make them perfect, every time, for only $50.00 dollars. I immediately called to buy it, guy told me story after story on the video's production, re-production, and all of it unrelated to the sale of the video! Somewhere out of the blue, over an hour later he says, "this is one of the last 15, so I can't sell it to you for less than $150.00!" I thanked him and politely said goodbye.
But crazy? "I mean:eek:!"

Last edited:

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues

"Classic Custom Cues"
Here is a picture of some older stuff along with my playing cue. Thanks for the inquiry.

Attachments

• DSC04391d pool pics todays photo.jpg
    DSC04391d pool pics todays photo.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 383

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
You mentioned butterfly points but then dont show any???

Who did you learn from after Dieckman shot you down?

wahoo bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jamison, good luck with your new cue building venture. I still need another Dieckman cue (like I described to you) I added a fuji reel seat and guides to the "Pinenut" and made a muskie rod out of it. Give me a call next time you're in town and I'll take another pool lesson.
regards
Bob
the beer is on me.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
Hey Jamison, good luck with your new cue building venture. I still need another Dieckman cue (like I described to you) I added a fuji reel seat and guides to the "Pinenut" and made a muskie rod out of it. Give me a call next time you're in town and I'll take another pool lesson.
regards
Bob
the beer is on me.

No beer...Just Coca Cola from now on!!!

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Butterfly's

You mentioned butterfly points but then dont show any???

Who did you learn from after Dieckman shot you down?
I'm a "BIG" fan of Ernie Gutierez, so the butterflies were just for in between the points on a prong.
I'm a master luthier by trade, originally. So, on my own, I initially just made a jig to cut whatever desired angle I wanted (length of the points after turning is controlled by angle of cut) on 1 3/8" square stock on a table saw. Getting the centers right after that is the only issue to getting them accurate, "you have to bump turn them to get your rear center. If you do that they'll turn out just fine." 12 years later, I cut them on an overarm pin router with a rotary head mounted on an X,Y, table with a tail-stock. It's a little faster that way and you can cut them accurately on a cone.
However, over the years I've learned it's easier in the beginning to take good, sound advice, when it's readily available. It doesn't seem to matter to me if it's from a video, book, or just by asking an associate who knows. In this instance, I just answered an add in a magazine that tuned out to be false advertising!
I don't have any pictures readily available of something in that style for you to see right now. I am working on a Snakewood cue that should be done around Christmas and it's in the style of construction described above. If you'd like to see a picture of it when it's completed, PM around the middle of Dec. and I'll send you something to see then.
:thumbup:Good luck with your first cues by the way!