and surely it's helped
and still
that they can look at allison
as an example of what's possible

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allison

I watched a lot of live Pool from 1995-2010 and would try to pick up as much as I could
From the Pros. The one Pro who seemed to help me the most was Allison Fisher.
She played perfect position and always seemed to get perfect on the 9. What helped me most was adopting her snooker stance it noticeably made me more accurate.
She really raised the bar for women's Pool.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to recommend a pro pool player to copy...Allison Fisher would be my choice.

Her pre shot routine/setup never changes. Her shot making is off the charts. Her position play is amazing. She's completely emotionless. Her decision making is always spot on. She's also very humble...and respectful of her opponents.

As you can see...I'm a big fan.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met her at a WPBA event right when she came over to the US and she was a very sweet professional young lady.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to recommend a pro pool player to copy...Allison Fisher would be my choice.

Her pre shot routine/setup never changes. Her shot making is off the charts. Her position play is amazing. She's completely emotionless. Her decision making is always spot on. She's also very humble...and respectful of her opponents.

As you can see...I'm a big fan.

^^^^^^
+1

Td

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still watch her old matches, honestly my favorite and influenced some changes to my game.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Agreed. Allison is a role model as both a player and a woman.

Though comparably dominant to Jean Balukas, Allison's formula for success was a bit different. Jean was the ultimate power player, able to overpower the table, but Allison's technical precision and elegance revolutionized women's pro pool and ushered in an era in which many women are shining bright.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She raised the bar for women players and made them realize they too can play much better pool.

I saw Allison in either her first or 2nd WPBA tourny, It was held in the warehouse part of one of those super Table and supplies sellers in Orlando. Facing Laura Smith, she ran a no bullshit 6 pack from her fist break. Nicest lady around also with a great sense of humor. Also a little known fact-Im not sure she ever lost but up until 2005 or so, she had never been defeated in arm wrestling by another WPBA Player. She threw the Javelin in HS and or college-Way stronger than she looks.

Another little known fact-she beat GYK the first ten times they played each other. GYK doesn't take losses real well but she never failed to hug Allison after a match during that loss streak or thereafter. She thinks very highly of Miss Fisha!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, the title "Duchess of Doom" always seemed so negative. I think of her as "The Queen of Cues." When you look up the word "elegance" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Allison Fisher.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having known Allison since 1997, I can second all the positive comments regarding Allison shared here, as a player as well as a person. I would also add that in my opinion, even at 51, if she really wanted to, she could still compete with and hold her own against the top women players in the world. I honestly think her overall 9-ball game is better now than it's ever been, despite less practice time and playing in far less tournaments than the world's other top female players. My guess is her family is her priority at this point in her life.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge fan
(A small crush as well)
But obviously the essence of elegance wrapped around a core of competitiveness.
����