I Might Have Been Scammed!!

christine15

Registered
Hey Guys. I'm new to this forum and I have come here seeking your advice. Today, I purchased a used 2x4, It's George cue case off of Craigslist. It is in very good condition. This case was advertised that it is genuine alligator. I'm not so sure. Also, on the botton of the case, where the studs are located, there is no It's George inscription. The only indication that this is a It's George case is the strap. The strap says It's George but, the strap is not matching alligator or even vinyl. Rather, the strap is a cloth material that looks like something a little kid might wear around his neck to hold his house key. All feedback is really appreciated. Thank you.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys. I'm new to this forum and I have come here seeking your advice. Today, I purchased a used 2x4, It's George cue case off of Craigslist. It is in very good condition. This case was advertised that it is genuine alligator. I'm not so sure. Also, on the botton of the case, where the studs are located, there is no It's George inscription. The only indication that this is a It's George case is the strap. The strap says It's George but, the strap is not matching alligator or even vinyl. Rather, the strap is a cloth material that looks like something a little kid might wear around his neck to hold his house key. All feedback is really appreciated. Thank you.
sounds like you got joinked.Unless its some rare rare case,I've never heard of one like this.When you take the lid off is there any inscription inside the lid or the case at all?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Although it doesn't sound like an It's George case, without pics it is hard to tell.
Even if the case is authentic, at best it would be alligator embossed leather and not real alligator.

If you were scammed, how much damage are we talking about?
If it was $40 you may still be OK...:smile:

christine15

Registered
Some good news. I brought the cue case to a leather/shoe repair shop. The proprietor assured me that the case was 100% leather with a reptile print. That should make this case a little more valuable than origionally thought.

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my authentic It's George cases has a black nylon/canvas strap that has "It's George" embroidered along it. Post a pict so we can see.

tapatalk'n on my tbolt