Vulgarity and nasty words

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wasn’t willing to read all the post, but really? LMAO 🤣 Based on this thread, pool is at a pathetic place. Based on my year’s experience, pool is on the rise and not yet at it’s pinnacle.

Some of the best and most available pool in years has happened in 2018 and 2019. I, for the most part, don’t care about profanity or disrespectful celebrations. I am excited about where pool in the USA is headed.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate seeing and hearing that!. It is just a way of being lazy or trying to be politically correct. I used it for awhile when I had a storefront business, saved a few words and I got tired of talking all day. Then I started seeing it was unacceptable to say "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" After that I carefully said it each time. If somebody replied "Happy Hanukah" I was just fine with that. If other religions wished me well on their holidays I was cool with that too.

The hell with the generic "Happy Holidays" though! I don't want to see that kind of language. :D

Hu

Well... I am a devout Agnostic … so … there's that...….. LMFAO

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well... I am a devout Agnostic … so … there's that...….. LMFAO

Poolhustler....

Your Avatar is triggering me!!!! Please remove it at once as it is not something I would post as my Avatar.....This is a gentlemen's pool forum. Have some respect and read my stories

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"deanoc"

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
And as it turns out

I don't care what language a forum member uses. I use language appropriate to the environment I happen to be in. It's up to the people who moderate this forum to make that call; their house, their rules.:groucho:
Which, by the way, there are said rules about what is being discussed.

AzBilliards Forums Rules

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of AzBilliards Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AzBilliards Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

To be included, there will be no ad hominem attacks. No name calling nor insults. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but calling them an idiot because of their opinion is not.

All posts will be kept civil.

Items that will be allowed for sale must be pool related.

The owners of AzBilliards Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
I have read, and agree to abide by the AzBilliards Forums rules.

Three strikes, you're out.

You are allowed only one screen name. Multiple personalities will result in all the personas being removed.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolhustler....

Your Avatar is triggering me!!!! Please remove it at once as it is not something I would post as my Avatar.....This is a gentlemen's pool forum. Have some respect and read my stories

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"deanoc"

wait till you see the next one!! better go find a safe space to cry in :thumbup:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wait till you see the next one!! better go find a safe space to cry in :thumbup:

My daughter went to UNC and said that after President Trump won the election, many many classes were canceled and announcements were made that there were safe places on campus if there was any student who needed to be there b/c of the election.

Crazy!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My daughter went to UNC and said that after President Trump won the election, many many classes were canceled and announcements were made that there were safe places on campus if there was any student who needed to be there b/c of the election.

Crazy!
Poor little butt-hurt 'flakes. When i first heard of these incidents i just laughed my ass off.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you guys are starting to cross that political line. The last couple posts belong in the non-pool related forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you guys are starting to cross that political line. The last couple posts belong in the non-pool related forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But the rest of it belongs here? You're kidding, right? This is whole post is a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering

Have any of you guys tried one of those new carbon fiber shafts ? I've heard that they give a lot of deflation . I'm not sure if l have flation or not
Thanks

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack, if you wake up in the morning with flation, that's a sure sign to stick with a Woody shaft. Carbon fiber is man-made and will let you down.

Did this just cross a vulgar line?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-Snip-
Which, by the way, there are said rules about what is being discussed.

AzBilliards Forums Rules

Forum Rules

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

To be included, there will be no ad hominem attacks. No name calling nor insults. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but calling them an idiot because of their opinion is not.

All posts will be kept civil.

That is a fair point sir, although it is really at the owner's discretion, there is a thread with just beautiful scantily clad woman, I personally enjoy it.

As for cursing, I think Dean has a fair opinion, nothing wrong with keeping it classy.

Talking about pool history and some the shady characters associated with it, doesn't mean that someone( Dean, in this case) is forever forbidden from voicing his opinion that keeping the game and/or this forum classy moving forward would be good.

I don't mind cursing, do it myself a bit, although when it's every word, it gets old REAL quick, like someone saying "UMMM" every few seconds, but to each their own.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
less is more

That is a fair point sir, although it is really at the owner's discretion, there is a thread with just beautiful scantily clad woman, I personally enjoy it.

As for cursing, I think Dean has a fair opinion, nothing wrong with keeping it classy.

Talking about pool history and some the shady characters associated with it, doesn't mean that someone( Dean, in this case) is forever forbidden from voicing his opinion that keeping the game and/or this forum classy moving forward would be good.

I don't mind cursing, do it myself a bit, although when it's every word, it gets old REAL quick, like someone saying "UMMM" every few seconds, but to each their own.

You are right, profanity is one of those things where less is more effective than using it constantly. If you can't say or write a sentence without profanity it quickly loses meaning. On the other hand, if someone rarely uses profanity and says something it has considerably more impact.

When writing, it should pass a simple test: Is the profanity adding to or subtracting from the post? I can't remember a helpful how to post with profanity. "Get a fugging BRAD tool. Use the MF'er to roll dents into your GD'd tip, the f-ing cue tip that is, and it will last f-ing forever! Grind on the f'er all the damned time and it won't last two f-ing months!

Somehow needing a translator to get past the profanity doesn't seem necessary for a how to post, I don't think it should be needed for most other writing. Sometimes it fits. Using it when it does should be fine as long as it doesn't violate the ROE. We often fudge things a little anyway. Alternate spellings aren't really not using a word.

Hu

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Dean my friend. Keep your head up buddy. I understand where you're coming from. It's true, we have freedom of speech in this country but, some people take it way too far.
Run through a shopping mall at Christmas time with a bull horn shouting profanities and see where that gets you.
Happy Holidays everyone.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dean my friend. Keep your head up buddy. I understand where you're coming from. It's true, we have freedom of speech in this country but, some people take it way too far.
Run through a shopping mall at Christmas time with a bull horn shouting profanities and see where that gets you.
Happy Holidays everyone.

I just asked my wife if I can have the ok to try this
when we go shopping this weekend.

She says your a terrible influence and I don't need
encouragement to be more of an obnoxious a-hole.
:):):)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Coming to this discussion late but use of vulgarity, and the "f" words begins at home were parent allow it.

Maybe I am a old boring person, raised by nasty, mean parents. But if I had said some of the things I hear young kids say in public. I would have never been able to sit in school, at the dinner table, or ride a bicycle, as my A*8 would have been beat to a pulp.

Today young people in many cases have zero respect for grand parents, and have no problem telling granny to f*** off right in from of their parent who do nothing.

I have a saying about really bad children I see in public acting up. Those kids are the reason some species of animals eat their young.