Last Night In St Louis - Mosconi Cup Team USA

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
JohnnyT asked in another thread

-- this was at BallPark village. http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/

http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/uploads/guides/ballpark-district-reference-guide.pdf

Midwest FoxSports broadcasts from there after the Cardinal games. They also do lots of functions with the Blues.

It only cost 100 million to build this complex next to Busch Stadium in St Louis. The big screen - 40 foot - they were showing the matches on was a mere Million dollars. Literally the best big screen I have ever viewed.

They don't just give you this space even though they are making money on drinks/food/parking. It is only thru the connection of Mark Wilson's step son who is one of the most popular radio DJs in town that got the 'in' to have the event here.

The stream was the feed directly from the professional camera crew they had on hand. I am sure it was there first ever filming of a pool match and they did a tremendous job.

Kudos to www.OnCue2.com, Teacher and his crew for getting involved. It was great that each of the Mosconi Cup players willingly became announcers for the stream when they were not playing a match. I hope many of you bought the stream to support what Team USA is trying to do for pool.

The playing conditions were tough. Lots of shadows and strange lighting over the tables.

If they could do an event like this in 20 cities across the US, they would really be on to something.

UTG was there. APA was there. Diamond was there. Oh and probably about 1000 people were there.

Mark Wilson told me he had been up since 6AM that morning putting the wraps on the final to do list to go along with this event. As of 10PM he still had not even had time to eat for the day. If people think he isn't working hard or doesn't care, they are amiss.

Oh and next week - do to the response of this event, Ball Park Village will be showing the 2015 Mosconi Cup matches on this 40 foot screen for anyone to come in and watch. Now pool is getting out into the public. Where else is that gonna happen? Pool is getting somewhere but it obviously takes work and dedication. Those of you that 'dog' Mark Wilson don't have a clue how hard he works.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this.

The outreach and response here is a great step. I wish I lived in St. Louis to watch the matches on the big screen.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I'll tell everyone another story from last night and hope Mark Wilson doesn't mind. I was talking with Mark up on the top level as he was 'checking in' on Justin being the first to announce on the stream. Mark was all over the place and without really saying it, I think he was just making sure that his players were all in the right places.

Mark, with his voice almost crackling - well maybe it was crackling, told me about how when he was 11 years old, he would drive down from his hometown to come to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals play once or twice a year. (Ball Park Village where we were is built right on the site of the old Busch Stadium). So Mark tells me, fast forward in his life and he meets Justin Bergman as an 11 year old pool prodigy. He starts working with Justin on his pool game and as an escape takes Justin to a Cardinal game. Justin gets on the big screen during the game simply as some kid with mustard all over his face, eating a hot dog. Just one of those things shown during games. And now Mark tells me, we have Justin as one of the best pool players in the USA playing pool on the same grounds where Mark has such great memories of his life and experience with Justin at the baseball game. He simply said that life does come full circle.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw some pictures from that event on Facebook and it looked amazing, huge turnout which was awesome to see!

Is there anywhere online to watch the coverage of the event?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
They had a PPV last night - not sure if it will be up for rebroadcast or not.

(if AZ Billiards was up to date to 2015, I would be able to paste some pics from my phone or maybe I am just an idiot and don't know how to do it). If you go to any of the players Facebook pages, they all were posting pics all night for those that didn't get to see.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnnyT asked in another thread

-- this was at BallPark village. http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/

http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/uploads/guides/ballpark-district-reference-guide.pdf

Midwest FoxSports broadcasts from there after the Cardinal games. They also do lots of functions with the Blues.

It only cost 100 million to build this complex next to Busch Stadium in St Louis. The big screen - 40 foot - they were showing the matches on was a mere Million dollars. Literally the best big screen I have ever viewed.

They don't just give you this space even though they are making money on drinks/food/parking. It is only thru the connection of Mark Wilson's step son who is one of the most popular radio DJs in town that got the 'in' to have the event here.

The stream was the feed directly from the professional camera crew they had on hand. I am sure it was there first ever filming of a pool match and they did a tremendous job.

Kudos to www.OnCue2.com, Teacher and his crew for getting involved. It was great that each of the Mosconi Cup players willingly became announcers for the stream when they were not playing a match. I hope many of you bought the stream to support what Team USA is trying to do for pool.

The playing conditions were tough. Lots of shadows and strange lighting over the tables.

If they could do an event like this in 20 cities across the US, they would really be on to something.

UTG was there. APA was there. Diamond was there. Oh and probably about 1000 people were there.

Mark Wilson told me he had been up since 6AM that morning putting the wraps on the final to do list to go along with this event. As of 10PM he still had not even had time to eat for the day. If people think he isn't working hard or doesn't care, they are amiss.

Oh and next week - do to the response of this event, Ball Park Village will be showing the 2015 Mosconi Cup matches on this 40 foot screen for anyone to come in and watch. Now pool is getting out into the public. Where else is that gonna happen? Pool is getting somewhere but it obviously takes work and dedication. Those of you that 'dog' Mark Wilson don't have a clue how hard he works.

As usual, thanks for the post.

I always enjoy reading. IMO, Team USA may surprise alot of folks.

Ken

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi9.jpg

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Wilson and Jerry Briesath putting on a clinic in the afternoon.

Mosconi5.jpg

Last edited:

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great!!! We're lucky to have Coach Mark Wilson leading Team USA!

billiards.slack.com/signup
-or-
Request by PM

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Kudos to Mark Wilson and crew. This is the exact type of mainstream exposure that Pool needs, if its gonna cross over from a subculture.

Eric