Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Virginia Judge Rules Charlottesville’s Confederate General Statues Must Stay
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Virginia Judge Rules Charlottesville’s Confederate General Statues Must Stay
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Virginia Judge Rules Charlottesville’s Confederate General Statues Must Stay - 09-14-2019, 10:11 AM

Looks like the statues aren't going anywhere soon.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ues-must-stay/

Old
  (#2)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-14-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Looks like the statues aren't going anywhere soon.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ues-must-stay/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)

The Statue of Lenin in Seattle is a 16 ft (5 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, by Bulgarian sculptor Emil Venkov. It was completed and put on display in Communist Czechoslovakia in 1988, the year before the Velvet Revolution of 1989. In 1993 the statue was bought by an American who had found it lying in a scrapyard. He brought it home to the U.S. state of Washington, but died before he could carry out his plans for displaying the Soviet era memento.

Since 1995 the statue has been held in trust waiting for a buyer, standing on temporary display for the last 24 years on a prominent street corner in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. It has become a Fremont landmark and is often decorated, or vandalized. The statue has also sparked political controversy, with commentators discussing it in light of the removal of Confederate monuments and memorials.
================================================== ========================

Before a statue depicting U.S. Civil war history should be desecrated, one would think this statue of the father of communism should find its way to the bottom of the ocean to collect barnacles....... but our resident commies on the West Coast will likely continue to DECORATE it...

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 09-14-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Old
  (#3)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)

The Statue of Lenin in Seattle is a 16 ft (5 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, by Bulgarian sculptor Emil Venkov. It was completed and put on display in Communist Czechoslovakia in 1988, the year before the Velvet Revolution of 1989. In 1993 the statue was bought by an American who had found it lying in a scrapyard. He brought it home to the U.S. state of Washington, but died before he could carry out his plans for displaying the Soviet era memento.

Since 1995 the statue has been held in trust waiting for a buyer, standing on temporary display for the last 24 years on a prominent street corner in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. It has become a Fremont landmark and is often decorated, or vandalized. The statue has also sparked political controversy, with commentators discussing it in light of the removal of Confederate monuments and memorials.
================================================== ========================

Before a statue depicting U.S. Civil war history should be desecrated, one would think this statue of the father of communism should find its way to the bottom of the ocean to collect barnacles....... but our resident commies on the West Coast will likely continue to DECORATE it...
ANTIFA won't like it if you remove THEIR statue.

Old
  (#4)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Lenin was bad news. Most American youth are totally ignorant of how murderous Lenin and the party he dominated were.

Old
  (#5)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Lenin was bad news. Most American youth are totally ignorant of how murderous Lenin
and the party he dominated were.
Yep.

Lenin and his followers are bastards.

Old
  (#6)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Lenin was bad news. Most American youth are totally ignorant of how murderous Lenin and the party he dominated were.
Most American youth are ignorant of Joe McCarthy. Only now the enemy is the news media. If "they" can convince the American people that the news we receive is "fake news" , they can feed us "their truth" and we'll buy it.
Who is "they"? You tell me , You believe you know it all.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I don't think that's quite correct.

I think that the youth just aren't as put off by murder as one might like.

The youth tend to be liberal, and liberals tend to be violent.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#8)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
Most American youth are ignorant of Joe McCarthy. Only now the enemy is the news media. If "they" can convince the American people that the news we receive is "fake news" , they can feed us "their truth" and we'll buy it.
Who is "they"? You tell me , You believe you know it all.
Tell me what books you've read about Vladimir Lenin, Thomas.

Comparing JM to Lenin is like comparing a fly to a Pterodactyl.

Old
  (#9)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:

My Life with Paul, George and Ringo was probably the best one.

The media was my point, silly rabbit.

Bye, bye. I responded for 2 posts. I already regret it. You won't see me again.

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Comparing JM to Lenin is like comparing a fly to a Pterodactyl.
He's right Tom.

Lenin was bad while some consider Joe McCarthy a patriot.
I certainly do.

Whatever you are reading, your source is misleading many.

Al

Old
  (#11)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-15-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
He's right Tom.

Lenin was bad while some consider Joe McCarthy a patriot.
I certainly do.

Al
Of course you do.
President Trump and I respectfully disagree with you.

Last edited by tom haney; 09-16-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Old
  (#12)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 10:32 PM

Good people on both sides.....

Old
  (#13)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

09-16-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
Good people on both sides.....

I have noticed a distinct lack of good people. They do not percolate
evenly on both tribes. As for national people, I'd have to think long
and hard to come up with a singular name and no doubt they would
be of the distant past.

Equivalent? Nope.

Pretending it exists widely is self-deception.

Old
  (#14)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I don't think that's quite correct.

I think that the youth just aren't as put off by murder as one might like.

The youth tend to be liberal, and liberals tend to be violent.
No, I think he was correct. The youth don't like history. and what little they know they were taught by fools. Like his HS German teacher who never set foot in Germany. WTF ? And she argued with him about the proper pronunciation of Cologne, spelled Koln, in German. And very difficult to pronounce the German version. Almost sounds like "kern". But, he was there, and she was not, but she would not take his word for it.

My son is studying abroad in Austria, and he is amazed on what his fellow American Students who are there as well are so clueless about history and geography, or why some countries exist and why others have disappeared.

He took a train on Saturday from Vienna to Slovakia to just hang out and the 2 folks from studying abroad program went with him. They had no idea that Slovakia was the other half of Czech at one time. My son filled them in on it, what happened, and when they split in the 90's. He was amazed at how little folks know. Yeah, he's a history major, but still, come on ??

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 09-16-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Old
  (#15)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
No, I think he was correct. The youth don't like history. and what little they know they were taught by fools.
I can't argue with that.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: