Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Orcollo vs SVB confirmed
Page 7 of 10 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Edit to add, since Shane burst on the scene in TAR 1 vs Corey in I believe 2007, no one has seemed to have reached his level on the break. Even Alex or Dennis that played Shane a bunch of times has not matched it. Alex was even standing behind Shane while Shane was breaking in one of their TAR matches and saw that Shane was popping the CB in the air so it would not get kissed by the 2 corner balls that were flying 4 rails around the table.

I think the only player that has a break "maybe" equal to Shane is Tyler. Now go figure, his game is way below Shane (as evidenced by his Fargo), but his break super close, if not equal to it. How did Tyler figure it out, but Dennis, Alex, Busty, Shaw, etc, not figure it out?
You are giving more credence to him being a rack mechanic by saying this.

Old
  (#92)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-07-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
You are giving more credence to him being a rack mechanic by saying this.
No, I think Shane worked on his break for years, while the other players worked on blaming Shane's magic racking fingers instead.

Old
  (#93)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
This has been discussed before by other PRO players, believe what you want to believe.

Again, the only guy who cant get the 1 ball to freeze without messing with it every single time. I guess all the other pros dont know how to use a rack
Do you just make this sh!t up as you go?

Old
  (#94)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Do you just make this sh!t up as you go?
Not at all, this has been discussed here before. Not my fault you dont know about it.

Old
  (#95)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
And it is worth noting that the rules state the 1 (or 9) has to be on the spot...which does allow for a decent bit of variation in their settings.
Is your point that the 1 ball can be off a little? If so, ok but, thats not what I was talking about cause I'm 99% certain that players are allowed a certain amount of error with putting the head ball on the spot.

I'm not gonna look it up, you can if you want but, I think rules state that the 1 ball has to be within "x" amount from center of spot.

Again, I'm not gonna look it up but, I'm certain they allow that in case a spot has damage and wont let the rack freeze so, we can cheat the spot a hair if needed.

All that doesn't change the fact that moving the rack up...down etc...etc can and will change the spread by a great margin.

I'm sure you knew all that already.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Last edited by jrctherake; 10-07-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Old
  (#96)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Not that I am making any videos
I don't think we have to worry about that....do we?

Lol

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#97)
raistlinsdragon
AzB Silver Member
raistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 03:50 AM

I'm still wondering why terrahanna removed his post of what SVB said about playing DO. Seems maybe Ray thought it was bad for pay for view.

Old
  (#98)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistlinsdragon View Post
I'm still wondering why terrahanna removed his post of what SVB said about playing DO. Seems maybe Ray thought it was bad for pay for view.
The fact is that post would has much more potential of bringing more viewers than the other was around

Old
  (#99)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
The fact is that post would has much more potential of bringing more viewers than the other was around

true that, if it's a grudge match i would be more inclined to watch it. i'm not a huge fan of dennis playing speed / getting up and restarting shots

Old
  (#100)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Hope everyone who loves these kind of gambling matches enjoy it. I've never understood the allure of them myself, but whatever helps the pool community be entertained.

Old
  (#101)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Maybe Shane wasn't happy when Dennis beat him in the 9b finals at DCC and proceeded to do his frog walk dance around the table.

Old
  (#102)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
Maybe Shane wasn't happy when Dennis beat him in the 9b finals at DCC and proceeded to do his frog walk dance around the table.
Like I said earlier, there is no love lost between these two. IMO that makes for a good match.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#103)
Dimeball
AzB Silver Member
Dimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond reputeDimeball has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 08:28 AM

Of course... there are only two reasons why someone becomes the best on the planet at something, like anyone with with less than half a brain knows, SVB's break over the last 12 or so years, as set forth by every other person, who can be clearly defined as not the best, second best, or in all honestly, first through infinity losers. The majority of losers will always say it's because of cheating, that's why they're losers, because if they can't, then no one can, not possible, vomit diarrhea of the mouth negative negative negative thoughts. Boy that sounds political, apologies about that...
To these people, practice, given talent, and hard work doesn't get anyone anywhere... :/

Old
  (#104)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-09-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeball View Post
Of course... there are only two reasons why someone becomes the best on the planet at something, like anyone with with less than half a brain knows, SVB's break over the last 12 or so years, as set forth by every other person, who can be clearly defined as not the best, second best, or in all honestly, first through infinity losers. The majority of losers will always say it's because of cheating, that's why they're losers, because if they can't, then no one can, not possible, vomit diarrhea of the mouth negative negative negative thoughts. Boy that sounds political, apologies about that...
To these people, practice, given talent, and hard work doesn't get anyone anywhere... :/
Except you want to ignore the fact that Shane plays with the rack.

Nobody said he cant play and isnt great, but you want to disregard the fact that multiple pros have had issues with his racking and some have quit in the middle of the match because of it.

Old
  (#105)
BasementDweller
AzB Silver Member
BasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 08:41 AM

This match will get SVB at his best. That's the SVB practicing his break for hours on end along with everything else. I really don't know why Dennis agreed to this match. A highly motivated SVB playing 10 Ball with a template is scary. I really don't think with even an improved break, Dennis can keep up. He must fancy himself a dragon slayer because that's about what he'll need to do to win this match.

I'm not on the GAL but I'll give someone who is on it Dennis +7 for a fun hundred. That's provided they don't change the break rules prior to the match.

Page 7 of 10 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: