Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Super Billiards expo 2020?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Playing Negative Nancy ....

Will Hopkins close up the whole Expo and blame the overlapping of the US Open dates? Diamond did that with the Southern Open, blaming the overlap with Bonus Ball. My personal opinion was the whole thing was a money loser, and that was the scapegoat. I wonder if the same might happen with the whole Expo.

Negative Nancy says bye

Old
  (#32)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-07-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Playing Negative Nancy ....

Will Hopkins close up the whole Expo and blame the overlapping of the US Open dates? Diamond did that with the Southern Open, blaming the overlap with Bonus Ball. My personal opinion was the whole thing was a money loser, and that was the scapegoat. I wonder if the same might happen with the whole Expo.

Negative Nancy says bye
This wont affect the Expo at all. The expo is about amateurs and pool related sales .

Old
  (#33)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
10-07-2019, 08:36 PM

Anyone care to think about the real reason SBE and the US Open occur at the same time? Guess none of you realize The Rio had CSI move their BCAPL and USAPL amateur events to March next year. Those events also include two top "pro" events. The Predator World 10 Ball Open and the Diamond Las Vegas 9 Ball Open. SBE had no choice but to move to April and a smaller conflict. Any reasoned discussion?

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#34)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Let the open suffer??? Lol. If you are comparing the men's "pro" tournament at SBE to the US Open it's not even in the same universe.

Sure, let one of the biggest pro events in the world suffer to have an afterthought "pro" event - you should be in charge of pool in the US

Btw, how much $$$$ is added to the US Open compared to the afterthought SBE event?
He probably meant because it got put on the same time as another big event in another area, thus causing issues for the other promoter.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#35)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
He probably meant because it got put on the same time as another big event in another area, thus causing issues for the other promoter.
The Expo is not a big pro event.

That's the problem, somebody comes along to improve pool and eventually make it a true pro event with no entry fee for the players, and you have people that wish it would fail because its scheduled over the top of another event that will never improve pro pool and has very few pro players, and certainly not the elite.

I paid last year to watch
Old
  (#36)
atlas333
AzB Silver Member
atlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid last year to watch - 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Wrong. Its added into the general admission price now, prior to that none of those cheap b@$+@^%s paid to see the pros.
I paid last year and it was not included in my players pass.

Old
  (#37)
shasta777
AzB Silver Member
shasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Just 1 opinion...

Look regardless... if you are "FOR or AGAINST" the - EXPO... we all know & so do (ALL the promoters) that pool been in a decline for years...
so why wouldn't these promoters TRY to work together & schedule events so it helps the PEOPLE/FANS? Yes the EXPO is a huge show
for amateur's for the most part... the US Open 9-Ball pays out a lot of money!! Guess what, isn't the pro events for the people/fans?

To most who are in the know... it all goes back to the "GREED of MONEY" & Control... Those who have it rules.... & as others have said here
the EXPO has been going for over 25 years!!! The US Open 9-Ball has always been played later in the year - Oct/Nov... so who is the bully here?...
(they are the NEW kids on the block) & why didn't the ones running the US Open contact Al Hopkins to try to schedule things to help each other or did they?

Regardless... who really suffers here? Again... >>> The Fans...

Old
  (#38)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post
Just 1 opinion...

Look regardless... if you are "FOR or AGAINST" the - EXPO... we all know & so do (ALL the promoters) that pool been in a decline for years...
so why wouldn't these promoters TRY to work together & schedule events so it helps the PEOPLE/FANS? Yes the EXPO is a huge show
for amateur's for the most part... the US Open 9-Ball pays out a lot of money!! Guess what, isn't the pro events for the people/fans?

To most who are in the know... it all goes back to the "GREED of MONEY" & Control... Those who have it rules.... & as others have said here
the EXPO has been going for over 25 years!!! The US Open 9-Ball has always been played later in the year - Oct/Nov... so who is the bully here?...
(they are the NEW kids on the block) & why didn't the ones running the US Open contact Al Hopkins to try to schedule things to help each other or did they?

Hopkins can't even schedule his Pro events right so he wouldn't have much room to complain. By all means, make a quy withdraw if he advances in both 10 Ball and 1P and force him to pick because you can't schedule crap right in the first place. That has been a declining and inconsistent event for years.

These threads just go on and on.

Adios.

Old
  (#39)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Personally, I would just do away with the pro event at the expo and just put the money towards the amateur events. After all, the expo is literally THE amateur event here in the states. Hell if they want, do a 9 foot open amateur event and dub it the US Amateur National Championship.

Old
  (#40)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post
Just 1 opinion...

Not many fans anyway, and certainly not enough to travel to both events.

Pool is dead and the only one attempting to promote/improve it is matchroom.

Nobody is a bully, I dont know where you people come up with this crap.

If I was match room I wouldn't have paid a cent for the name "US OPEN" with all the BS Barry pulled over the years.

Matchroom should have just started their own event with a new name and none of the BS that came with it.

You do understand that Matchroom has a contract at Mandalay Bay right? Do you think they can just tell MB when they are holding the event and they will clear their schedule?

US OPEN is a PRO event, Expo is not.

Last edited by jasonlaus; 10-08-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Old
  (#41)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Hopkins can't even schedule his Pro events right so he wouldn't have much room to complain. By all means, make a quy withdraw if he advances in both 10 Ball and 1P and force him to pick because you can't schedule crap right in the first place. That has been a declining and inconsistent event for years.

These threads just go on and on.

Adios.

This^^^^^

Very well said.

Old
  (#42)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2019, 01:09 PM

I don't even know what this thread is about.

Thousands of pool players go to the Expo and don't even care about the U.S. Open.

The Player's Championship tournament at the Expo will go on no matter what.

For me it's a great event. I'm there almost every day in the Pro area.

I liked the set up they had last year.

Heck, I might even play in the next one.

Will be good advertisement for the carbon fiber shafts I make in my basement.

I'll be playing in the TAP event then change my clothes and go play in the Pro event.

It'll be like the old days.....

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: