Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Trump accounting firm must hand over tax returns: DC Circuit judge
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Then let's see them? If there is nothing to hide then why is he hiding them? Ain't rocket science.
He should show us the returns and be proud of them as any American is. I mean if there is nothing to see in them then there is nothing to see in them, right?

My returns are absolutely legit and I am sure yours are too.
I don't care to see them. Sure, I'm always curious to see how other people file, especially rich people with a lot of different business interests. But after seeing what happens when they are released (like Romney) I don't wish that on anybody.

Romney, if you don't remember, made huge charitable contributions. I'm going to make up numbers now but I think the idea is the same.

He made $2,000,000 profit and donated $800,000 to charity. (Made up numbers to illustrate the point).

He paid 40% taxes on the $1,200,000 for a total of $480,000.

The media and the usual suspects took those numbers and said: "Oh, he only paid $480,000 on $2,000,000 which is a 24% tax rate and then instantly proclaimed: "Romney paid a lower tax rate than most Americans!"

Most people just read the headlines and thought he was a scumbag.

In reality, he donated a sizable portion of his money to charity. Which is not a scumbag thing to do.

The public is so uneducated about finances now that it's painful to watch them struggle with trying to make sense out of things like this. There was a recent thread about rich people not paying as much in taxes as "we" do. Complete bunk and anyone who has ever done their own taxes or done any financial planning at all can see right through it. Unfortunately those kinds of things make headway into the minds of the useful idiots.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#32)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Are you the kind of guy who likes finding a toilet unflushed so you can poke around at it?

Sounds like it from here
You okay? Where did that come from? Feeling a little frustrated?
I think you should expound on that. From what perverted thought process did that spring from? I am starting to think you may have worn diapers through the second grade. No need to be embarrassed, it happens.
It was an interesting and mature reply though and thanks for taking the time to express your feelings in such a manner.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#33)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Then let's see them? If there is nothing to hide then why is he hiding them? Ain't rocket science.
He should show us the returns and be proud of them as any American is. I mean if there is nothing to see in them then there is nothing to see in them, right?

My returns are absolutely legit and I am sure yours are too.
Ahhh.
The old "If you are not guilty. You have nothing to hide." Approach.

How Stalinist of you.

You assume guilt when an individual is unwilling to share.

Also proves you do not believe in due process.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#34)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
It's none of my business and it has nothing to do with the law. The political class in DC loves these show trials.

You guys have a problem and that is your point man, has lying eyes.

Who would want to be president? To run the endless gauntlet. Alan Greenspan in his memoirs said that every president of the US he interacted with was not a normal person.

The weird thing about Trump is, he thrives on pressure, friction and stress. He can take and shrug off what would kill others.

That's his personality and if things aren't excited enough, he will gin up some controversy.
He thrives on pressure? We'll see. The tweets are more frequent. Fast and furious. I think he is further out of his mind than when he was elected.

What is in his tax returns that he doesn't want anyone to see? Every Presidents and Congresspersons tax returns are available for the last 40 years
Not this Presidents. Curious. Why, especially if they are clean?

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#35)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

10-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I think you should expound on that. From what perverted thought process did that spring from? I am starting to think you may have worn diapers through the second grade. No need to be embarrassed, it happens.
It was an interesting and mature reply though and thanks for taking the time to express your feelings in such a manner.
You're the one expressing interest in someone else's shit....

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#36)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
And yet someone does post a rational, thought out, and mature response and...nothing.

Old
  (#37)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I don't care to see them. Sure, I'm always curious to see how other people file, especially rich people with a lot of different business interests. But after seeing what happens when they are released (like Romney) I don't wish that on anybody.

Romney, if you don't remember, made huge charitable contributions. I'm going to make up numbers now but I think the idea is the same.

He made $2,000,000 profit and donated $800,000 to charity. (Made up numbers to illustrate the point).

He paid 40% taxes on the $1,200,000 for a total of $480,000.

The media and the usual suspects took those numbers and said: "Oh, he only paid $480,000 on $2,000,000 which is a 24% tax rate and then instantly proclaimed: "Romney paid a lower tax rate than most Americans!"

Most people just read the headlines and thought he was a scumbag.

In reality, he donated a sizable portion of his money to charity. Which is not a scumbag thing to do.

The public is so uneducated about finances now that it's painful to watch them struggle with trying to make sense out of things like this. There was a recent thread about rich people not paying as much in taxes as "we" do. Complete bunk and anyone who has ever done their own taxes or done any financial planning at all can see right through it. Unfortunately those kinds of things make headway into the minds of the useful idiots.
No, the situation with Romney's taxes wasn't remotely close to what you remember. Not scaled up, not as to the rate on 'the rest,' or after some large percentage donations (which were low-- 10% and 15%).

Quote:
Mitt Romney earned more than $42 million over the past two years, and paid $6.2 million in taxes at an effective rate averaging 14 percent, according to documents provided by the Romney campaign today.

The tax rate that Romney paid both in 2010 and 2011 is less than what most middle-income Americans were required to pay, mainly because a majority of Romney's earnings were derived from investments rather than wages.

In 2010, Romney made $21.7 million, on which he gave nearly $3 million in taxes at an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent. In 2011, the former governor earned a similar amount, and will pay more than $3.2 million in taxes at a rate of 15.3 percent.

The returns also showed that Romney and his wife, Ann, gave away $3 million in charitable donations in 2010, including $1.5 million to the Mormon church. In the past two years, Romney and his wife, Ann, gave just a little bit less, about 10 percent, to the Church of Latter Day Saints.
Note, the LDS tithing ask of its members is 10%.

And the ask of the American people is that those contending for the highest office in the land reveal (some of) their past returns, and then publish them in office. That's been the case for over 40 years, for all the major party candidates and later, whoever became president.

Sure, it's somewhat an invasion of their privacy. However, it's a kind of due diligence pain in the @ss that people are required to go through all the time in many circumstances, as when you ask a bank to finance a mortgage. Or, in fact, exactly what nominee DJT required of his nominee, Mike Pence.

Someone who wants to be president needs to reveal their business and income matters. Simple. Don't want to? Then don't run. I assume this will be put into law during the next presidency, since a forty year tradition was uniquely dishonored, by a person whom the people uniquely needed to follow it. And the fact is he got around not releasing it by promising, over and over again, he would release them.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 10-12-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Old
  (#38)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

10-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
No, the situation with Romney's taxes wasn't remotely close to what you remember. Not scaled up, not as to the rate on 'the rest,' or after some large percentage donations (which were low-- 10% and 15%).

Note, the LDS tithing ask of its members is 10%.

And the ask of the American people is that those contending for the highest office in the land reveal (some of) their past returns, and then publish them in office. That's been the case for over 40 years, for all the major party candidates and later, whoever became president.

Sure, it's somewhat an invasion of their privacy. However, it's a kind of due diligence pain in the @ss that people are required to go through all the time in many circumstances, as when you ask a bank to finance a mortgage. Or, in fact, exactly what nominee DJT required of his nominee, Mike Pence.

Someone who wants to be president needs to reveal their business and income matters. Simple. Don't want to? Then don't run. I assume this will be put into law during the next presidency, since a forty year tradition was uniquely dishonored, by a person whom the people uniquely needed to follow it. And the fact is he got around not releasing it by promising, over and over again, he would release them.
Ok. I was incorrect by degree. He made 13.7 Million and took 4.7 Million in Itemized deductions. In addition, they donated over 4 million to charity. Which they only deducted 2.25 million of.

Which led to an effective tax rate of 13.9%.

Basically he gave over 30% of his income to taxes - which is pretty close to what I said.

Also, his income was derived from capital gains and dividends - which are taxed at a lower rate.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to read for themselves: https://money.cnn.com/2012/09/21/pf/...urn/index.html

The point is that he did nothing wrong. In fact, he could have taken more deductions for charitable contributions than he did...and he was called out as a scoundrel.

That is why I don't advocate for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.

Old
  (#39)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-13-2019, 02:28 AM

I hope we see a scale back of Executive Privilege out of all of this. It would make it easier to get rid of a corrupt President without going through his taxes.

Taxes is how they took down Al Capone. So little has changed about greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
Ok. I was incorrect by degree. He made 13.7 Million and took 4.7 Million in Itemized deductions. In addition, they donated over 4 million to charity. Which they only deducted 2.25 million of.

Which led to an effective tax rate of 13.9%.

Basically he gave over 30% of his income to taxes - which is pretty close to what I said.

Also, his income was derived from capital gains and dividends - which are taxed at a lower rate.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to read for themselves: https://money.cnn.com/2012/09/21/pf/...urn/index.html

The point is that he did nothing wrong. In fact, he could have taken more deductions for charitable contributions than he did...and he was called out as a scoundrel.

That is why I don't advocate for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#40)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-13-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
The political class in DC loves these show trials.
So did:

- Stalin
- Lenin
- Fidel
- Hitler
- Minh
- Pot
- Mao

and many more leftist thugocrats.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#41)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 05:32 AM

It is going to be fun to watch members on this forum who know nothing of US tax code or tax law suddenly become experts in our incomprehensible system of taxation.

Short form commando's suddenly transforming into forensic tax code experts overnight.

Holiday Inn Express anybody.

Any bets on who going to ride that cotton pony the hardest?

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#42)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It is going to be fun to watch members on this forum who know nothing of US tax code or tax law suddenly become experts in our incomprehensible system of taxation.

Short form commando's suddenly transforming into forensic tax code experts overnight.

Holiday Inn Express anybody.

the Trump organization has over 500 business entities

I would bet a case of Yuengling Light that you-know-who will have in-depth knowledge of fiscal wrong doing within hours of any tax records being made public, but since I want to lose, I'll go with Robin/Yahoo

bet?

Old
  (#43)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post

We only have one member here with that kind of knowledge, experience and wisdom.

We all know who that is.

Hint: It's not Robin. He can't even come up with a good fake of something that complex.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#44)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-13-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
We only have one member here with that kind of knowledge, experience and wisdom.

We all know who that is.

Hint: It's not Robin. He can't even come up with a good fake of something that complex.

Philly will push Sofla right to the shotgun seat -

bill

Trump 1-12-19
" Wait till you see how it all ends up !! "
" You watch - will make front page news "

Old
  (#45)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

10-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
I hope we see a scale back of Executive Privilege out of all of this. It would make it easier to get rid of a corrupt President without going through his taxes.

Taxes is how they took down Al Capone. So little has changed about greed.
I think the way Trump is being treated should be the standard for every president. Starting with Obama.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: