Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue & Case Gallery
Reload this Page Vintage Hercek from Chris' Collection

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Vintage Hercek from Chris' Collection
Old
  (#1)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Vintage Hercek from Chris' Collection - 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM

Always a pleasure to make Cue Caps for Joel Hercek Cues.
Chris is a Joel Hercek Collector.

From vintage/hardcore players, to high end, luxury theme cues...
Joel got you covered.

Thanks Joel and Chris..

Thanks for viewing.
Alton
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-07-2019, 03:17 PM

I love it

absolutely gorgeous

Old
  (#3)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

10-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Great looking cue & caps!!
Interesting cue... I wonder if all 4 points are slightly varied in veneer color. Looks like they may mirror colors in the 4 "S" inlays in points & butt sleeve.

Chris Davis

If you're gonna sell cues, buy a scale and calipers.

Main players: 1930's Gilbert Titlist, Custom Olneys. Piloted joints for me.
Play shafts: Cash Cues ferrule-less and OB Classic
Break: X Breaker & Gilbert JB - both w/ OB Break shafts
Jump: Lomax

Veneer/Inlay Colors
Old
  (#4)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

Veneer/Inlay Colors - 10-08-2019, 05:41 PM

Thanks for posting guys.
Chris, I think it was the collector's (who originally commissioned Joel for this Cue), requested the theme and color scheme.
Yes, I do believe they are " Mirrored", to complement the Theme colors of those Logos.

Alton is the best
Old
  (#5)
qmakr
AzB Bronze Member
qmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond reputeqmakr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Alton is the best - 10-09-2019, 08:40 AM

Great looking caps Alton!

You capped off that older Superman/Bizzaro Superman cue and gave it a new fresh look. Your the best, love your work!

Joel Hercek

Slotted Diamonds
Old
  (#6)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

Slotted Diamonds - 10-10-2019, 02:45 PM

Thanks for posting Joel
feels good to hear that from you.
I know you are busy with your cues..
You got good Heart Joel..

Guys..
I was making these small "Hercek" Slotted Diamond Inlay pieces..
I had the other Gcode file for those Shaft Cap bodies, but, Joel was very generous to let me "His" .ncd gcode file.
The "Language" of those .ncd files was different, as, his had a lot of lines I did not see before, or know what they were telling the CNC Controller.
My computer can not download and open his files.
It needs an "App" from an App store.
He sent it via e-mail.. "Copy and Paste" method.
Then, from there, I had to put it on "WordPad".
Once on WordPad, I can not copy it. I have to buy their subscription to use documents stored there.
I copy the whole Wordpad file on a Flash Drive, and, bring it on on my CNC Computer.
Even there, I can not copy and Paste the code.
I had to open/make a .dxf file, erase the file on there, and, type the whole gcode.
Of course, only the lines of code I need..
Which is the X and Y axis coordinates.
I add in the Z axis, which is the depth of the cut/cutter, and, all the appropriate stops and pauses.
This slotted diamond had only 21 lines of code. Lucky for me..
Got to copy all with out mistakes, like the old MS DOS system.

I had to reduce the code by 1/2, as, I needed the Slotted Diamonds to be smaller for the Cue Cap.
I also had to use a smaller diameter cutter, to compensate for the smaller size/proportions. I used a .008"end mill.
Talk about evil.. Look at how this Diamond inlay piece is hanging on the the spud/holder.
I machined everything away, and, the inlay still it hangs on.
What are the Odds?
Like rolling 1 hour at the Dice Table in Vegas.
Naturally, it broke in attempt to remove it completely.
That Diamond is a little over 1/4" Tall.

Thanks for viewing,
Alton
Attached Images

Last edited by CueCaps; 10-11-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Lots of spelling errors..

Old
  (#7)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 12:26 PM

The depth of what’s required to get even what seems like basic cue making matters on the ground is not to be unappreciated, let alone to add in the artistic side.
Then making it all happen at a high level of excellence is really amazing!

Chris Davis

Joel Hercek Bushka
Old
  (#8)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

Joel Hercek Bushka - 10-13-2019, 09:38 AM

Hell Az'ers..
Good Morning from the "Aloha" State...

I was hesitant to post and bump this old Post, as,
there are other newer post that deserve attention.

Thank for posting Chris..
Thank You for acknowledging the "Complexity" ( Tech word for "Humbug Stuff to accomplish" ) , in making the little pieces.
Guys, I do not do "Perfect Work". I do try hard, with what I have.
Quantum Physics and Fractals ( Karma) control my destiny.
" Also, the status of my Merkaba. "

Here's another Cue Cap Set for a Joel Hercek Bushka Cue.
Joel is in the finishing stages of the cue..

Thank You for viewing.
Alton
Attached Images

Old
  (#9)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member

10-14-2019, 04:31 AM

Hope the owner shares pics of that new Hercek and its great caps!

Chris Davis

Superman ce
Old
  (#10)
sebas
Watch Out Indiana
sebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond repute

Superman ce - 10-14-2019, 08:01 PM

The Superman cue has 2 sides:

One side(2 points) with Superman logo and colored veneers and the opposite side with Bizzaro s logo and colored veneers. I will put more pictures up in a minute. Joel did an awesome job on the cue and it looks like Alton did an awesome job on the caps.

More pictures of the cue
Old
  (#11)
sebas
Watch Out Indiana
sebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond reputesebas has a reputation beyond repute

More pictures of the cue - 10-14-2019, 08:08 PM

Here you go. Bushka pictures when it is done.
Attached Images

Chris S. - Joel Hercek Cue Collector
Old
  (#12)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

Chris S. - Joel Hercek Cue Collector - 10-15-2019, 08:12 AM

Hello Chris..
Hello Az Members..
To both Chris'...
Thanks for posting..
And, thanks for getting Cue Caps from me..
If you don't know "sebas" Chris ..
He is from the old days.
Man, the cue world was flowing back then..
Chris has ( and had) some awesome Hercek Cues in his Collection.
Since we're here, here is an old Gallery Presentation of Chris' Hercek "Batman" Cue.

Chris, is that you in your avatar?
You handsome guy
You look like Kevin Spacey, one of my favorite actors!!
Keyser Soze

Attached Images

Old
  (#13)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member

10-15-2019, 12:52 PM

Very nice!!

Chris Davis

Old
  (#14)
sebas
Watch Out Indiana

10-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post
Hello Chris..
Hello Az Members..
To both Chris'...
Thanks for posting..
And, thanks for getting Cue Caps from me..
If you don't know "sebas" Chris ..
He is from the old days.
Man, the cue world was flowing back then..
Chris has ( and had) some awesome Hercek Cues in his Collection.
Since we're here, here is an old Gallery Presentation of Chris' Hercek "Batman" Cue.

Chris, is that you in your avatar?
You handsome guy
You look like Kevin Spacey, one of my favorite actors!!
Keyser Soze

No Alton, that is Greg Howard in my avatar. He is a handsome man isnít he.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: