Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 100,882
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
Arrow Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him - 10-20-2019, 05:43 AM

The writing is on the wall and they know it.

The article failed to mention the current debacle with Ms Gabbard and Hillary.

The next year is going to be entertaining to watch.


As Trump reels, Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him

There are moments in every presidential nomination contest when many strategists, donors and activists can more easily explain why each of the candidates can't win the nomination or the presidency rather than which ones can. That this feeling has begun to grip some Democrats at a time when things are going so badly for President Trump, however, is not at all typical.

On paper, the field of candidates running for the Democratic nomination is everything the party's rank and file might hope for. It is big, offering more choices than ever. It is experienced, with candidates from every level of government and beyond. It includes more women and minorities than ever at a time when their voices are redefining the party. It is generationally and geographically diverse.

Yet, to date, there's been little that has given Democrats the confidence that their nomination process will produce a challenger strong enough, appealing enough and politically skilled enough to withstand what will be a brutal general election against a weakened and vulnerable president. Trump's campaign is already running a general election loaded with cash and with months of time to try to shape voters' perceptions of Democrats negatively before their nominee is even selected.

For Democrats, almost everything about the past week should be grounds for optimism about the shape of the political landscape. The litany of things that happened to or were done by the president in just a few days is beyond comprehension, starting with the case that Trump used the powers of his office to try to damage a political opponent that is at the heart of the House impeachment inquiry in the House.

That case against the president appeared to gain strength, with closed-door testimony on Capitol Hill, and it was helped when acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said there was a quid pro quo involving military aid. Mulvaney later retracted the statement, but the damage was done.

That came on the same day that it was announced that Trump had awarded next summer's Group of Seven meeting to his Doral resort in Florida, boldly using the powers of his office to enhance his own business fortunes. After intense criticism from Republicans as well as Democrats, however, he tweeted Saturday that Trump National Doral Miami would no longer host the summit.

Then there is the mess made by the Trump's hasty decision to withdraw U.S. forces in northern Syria, which allowed Turkey to begin an assault on Kurdish forces, once U.S. allies in the fight against the Islamic State.

In one attempt to undo the damage, Trump sent a letter to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatening to inflict harm to Turkey's economy if Erdogan kept going. The language sounded as if it had been written by a make-believe tough guy rather than the president of the United States.

A fragile cease-fire agreement later brokered with Erdogan by Vice President Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo brought some respite in the fighting but also gave Turkey much of what it was seeking.

"Like two kids in a lot, you have got to let them fight, and then you pull them apart," Trump said at a Texas rally. Earlier he had dismissed the fighting as of no particular concern to the United States. Syria has "got a lot of sand," he said. "So there's a lot of sand they can play with."

Among those strengthened in the Middle East were the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin. A meeting in the White House called with congressional leaders to discuss Syria turned into a showdown between an angry president and a resistant house speaker, Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. He called her a "third-grade politician." She bristled and wondered why, with Trump and his policies, "all roads lead to Putin."

By week's end, Trump's Syria missteps had been denounced in a critical Washington Post op-ed written by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

So almost everything about the week was grounds for optimism for Democrats - except for one event, which was the fourth Democratic debate, held in Westerville, Ohio. That debate quickly faded from view, swept aside by the tidal forces of a president on the defensive. For some Democrats, the three-hour session simply added to questions about the party's fitness to win a general election.

Much of this is a result of the continued debate performances by former vice president Joe Biden. He has been effective at times. But the sum of Biden on the stage against his rivals has been underwhelming at best, disappointing to those who see him as the most capable of winning a general election.

His poll numbers are holding up, but he has failed to consolidate the advantages he brought into the race. He has been unable to quiet questions about his readiness as a candidate.

Into this vacuum has stepped Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass. That she was the target for much of Tuesday's debate was all anyone needed to know about how her standing is perceived by her rivals. For others working to win the nomination, she is the person to stop but also someone they see as having vulnerabilities to exploit.

Warren is a skilled and disciplined candidate, which is why she has risen while Biden has been static at best. She knows what she thinks and has a theory of how to get to the White House. Her agenda - which includes big, structural change - the cost and complexity of her proposed policies, and her unwillingness to say how it all adds up give many Democrats pause about her ability to win in November 2020.

There are other choices, obviously. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., unabashed in his democratic socialist agenda, has the support of Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ilhan Omar , D-Minn., and Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., three of the most liberal new members of Congress. Some polls show him beating Trump in key states, though many Democrats are skeptical.

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg is young and heartland-based, a candidate who speaks eloquently in debates, interviews and in question periods with voters. He enjoys support from those in the party who are white and well-educated, but not yet with other voters that past nominees have needed to win the nomination, particularly African Americans.

Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg are four of the 18 candidates still in the race. Could someone farther down in the pack, someone who isn't even qualifying for the debates, capture the nomination? It's not out of the question and surprises are always a part of the pre-Iowa, pre-New Hampshire campaign season. The hope for all those who are being ignored is to build quietly in Iowa and New Hampshire and get hot when the weather is at its coldest.

One small measure of the restlessness among at least some Democrats was a Sept. 28 tweet by Oprah Winfrey, which includes a short video clip of her talking with Bob Iger, chief executive of Walt Disney Co.

"This is the man I wish was running for President of the USA," she tweeted. In the video, she tells Iger that, if he were running, "I would be canvassing in Iowa right now. I would be going door-to-door . . . I wish . . . more than ever, every day, that you had done it."

Put aside the question of whether Iger could win a Democratic nomination, let alone the presidency, or Winfrey's skills as a political handicapper. Her enthusiasm for someone not even in the biggest field of candidates ever assembled speaks to the degree to which the declared candidates have yet to capture imaginations, despite high levels of intensity among voters.

Because these kinds of concerns have happened before, and with some regularity, there is no reason to overstate the problem. Once voters check in and contests are held and someone begins to win primaries and caucuses decisively or consistently, perceptions of their strengths will change.

But the campaign to date has produced questions that will demand answers. Can Biden step up and show something more than he has? Can Warren demonstrate that her proposals and campaign machine are enough to overcome reservations about her general election viability? Can a slipping Sanders rebound? Can Buttigieg or someone else who is less liberal than Warren or Sanders displace Biden?

Trump might look like a weakened candidate, but he will be a tenacious campaigner, willing to do anything he can to demonize and defeat his challenger. Democrats have many choices but are anxiously wondering which one of them will get the party to the White House in 2021.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
   
10-20-2019, 05:58 AM

Gabbard is doing a good job making noise for herself. Any press is good press. The fact that she is willing to look tough against killiary may just be the ticket to stardom.
The last person to take on the clitons is now running the country.

Edit:do I think she can beat PDT, no.


The rail is your best friend.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute
 
336Robin's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,395
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West of Winston-Salem, NC
   
10-20-2019, 06:17 AM

Hillary called it right and Gabbard knows it. If she registers as an Independent now she at least knows there will be an investigation to
see where her money came from. She has no chance on the Democratic platform and she knows it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The writing is on the wall and they know it.

The article failed to mention the current debacle with Ms Gabbard and Hillary.

The next year is going to be entertaining to watch.


As Trump reels, Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him

There are moments in every presidential nomination contest when many strategists, donors and activists can more easily explain why each of the candidates can't win the nomination or the presidency rather than which ones can. That this feeling has begun to grip some Democrats at a time when things are going so badly for President Trump, however, is not at all typical.

On paper, the field of candidates running for the Democratic nomination is everything the party's rank and file might hope for. It is big, offering more choices than ever. It is experienced, with candidates from every level of government and beyond. It includes more women and minorities than ever at a time when their voices are redefining the party. It is generationally and geographically diverse.

Yet, to date, there's been little that has given Democrats the confidence that their nomination process will produce a challenger strong enough, appealing enough and politically skilled enough to withstand what will be a brutal general election against a weakened and vulnerable president. Trump's campaign is already running a general election loaded with cash and with months of time to try to shape voters' perceptions of Democrats negatively before their nominee is even selected.

For Democrats, almost everything about the past week should be grounds for optimism about the shape of the political landscape. The litany of things that happened to or were done by the president in just a few days is beyond comprehension, starting with the case that Trump used the powers of his office to try to damage a political opponent that is at the heart of the House impeachment inquiry in the House.

That case against the president appeared to gain strength, with closed-door testimony on Capitol Hill, and it was helped when acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said there was a quid pro quo involving military aid. Mulvaney later retracted the statement, but the damage was done.

That came on the same day that it was announced that Trump had awarded next summer's Group of Seven meeting to his Doral resort in Florida, boldly using the powers of his office to enhance his own business fortunes. After intense criticism from Republicans as well as Democrats, however, he tweeted Saturday that Trump National Doral Miami would no longer host the summit.

Then there is the mess made by the Trump's hasty decision to withdraw U.S. forces in northern Syria, which allowed Turkey to begin an assault on Kurdish forces, once U.S. allies in the fight against the Islamic State.

In one attempt to undo the damage, Trump sent a letter to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatening to inflict harm to Turkey's economy if Erdogan kept going. The language sounded as if it had been written by a make-believe tough guy rather than the president of the United States.

A fragile cease-fire agreement later brokered with Erdogan by Vice President Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo brought some respite in the fighting but also gave Turkey much of what it was seeking.

"Like two kids in a lot, you have got to let them fight, and then you pull them apart," Trump said at a Texas rally. Earlier he had dismissed the fighting as of no particular concern to the United States. Syria has "got a lot of sand," he said. "So there's a lot of sand they can play with."

Among those strengthened in the Middle East were the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin. A meeting in the White House called with congressional leaders to discuss Syria turned into a showdown between an angry president and a resistant house speaker, Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. He called her a "third-grade politician." She bristled and wondered why, with Trump and his policies, "all roads lead to Putin."

By week's end, Trump's Syria missteps had been denounced in a critical Washington Post op-ed written by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

So almost everything about the week was grounds for optimism for Democrats - except for one event, which was the fourth Democratic debate, held in Westerville, Ohio. That debate quickly faded from view, swept aside by the tidal forces of a president on the defensive. For some Democrats, the three-hour session simply added to questions about the party's fitness to win a general election.

Much of this is a result of the continued debate performances by former vice president Joe Biden. He has been effective at times. But the sum of Biden on the stage against his rivals has been underwhelming at best, disappointing to those who see him as the most capable of winning a general election.

His poll numbers are holding up, but he has failed to consolidate the advantages he brought into the race. He has been unable to quiet questions about his readiness as a candidate.

Into this vacuum has stepped Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass. That she was the target for much of Tuesday's debate was all anyone needed to know about how her standing is perceived by her rivals. For others working to win the nomination, she is the person to stop but also someone they see as having vulnerabilities to exploit.

Warren is a skilled and disciplined candidate, which is why she has risen while Biden has been static at best. She knows what she thinks and has a theory of how to get to the White House. Her agenda - which includes big, structural change - the cost and complexity of her proposed policies, and her unwillingness to say how it all adds up give many Democrats pause about her ability to win in November 2020.

There are other choices, obviously. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., unabashed in his democratic socialist agenda, has the support of Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ilhan Omar , D-Minn., and Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., three of the most liberal new members of Congress. Some polls show him beating Trump in key states, though many Democrats are skeptical.

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg is young and heartland-based, a candidate who speaks eloquently in debates, interviews and in question periods with voters. He enjoys support from those in the party who are white and well-educated, but not yet with other voters that past nominees have needed to win the nomination, particularly African Americans.

Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg are four of the 18 candidates still in the race. Could someone farther down in the pack, someone who isn't even qualifying for the debates, capture the nomination? It's not out of the question and surprises are always a part of the pre-Iowa, pre-New Hampshire campaign season. The hope for all those who are being ignored is to build quietly in Iowa and New Hampshire and get hot when the weather is at its coldest.

One small measure of the restlessness among at least some Democrats was a Sept. 28 tweet by Oprah Winfrey, which includes a short video clip of her talking with Bob Iger, chief executive of Walt Disney Co.

"This is the man I wish was running for President of the USA," she tweeted. In the video, she tells Iger that, if he were running, "I would be canvassing in Iowa right now. I would be going door-to-door . . . I wish . . . more than ever, every day, that you had done it."

Put aside the question of whether Iger could win a Democratic nomination, let alone the presidency, or Winfrey's skills as a political handicapper. Her enthusiasm for someone not even in the biggest field of candidates ever assembled speaks to the degree to which the declared candidates have yet to capture imaginations, despite high levels of intensity among voters.

Because these kinds of concerns have happened before, and with some regularity, there is no reason to overstate the problem. Once voters check in and contests are held and someone begins to win primaries and caucuses decisively or consistently, perceptions of their strengths will change.

But the campaign to date has produced questions that will demand answers. Can Biden step up and show something more than he has? Can Warren demonstrate that her proposals and campaign machine are enough to overcome reservations about her general election viability? Can a slipping Sanders rebound? Can Buttigieg or someone else who is less liberal than Warren or Sanders displace Biden?

Trump might look like a weakened candidate, but he will be a tenacious campaigner, willing to do anything he can to demonize and defeat his challenger. Democrats have many choices but are anxiously wondering which one of them will get the party to the White House in 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Gabbard is doing a good job making noise for herself. Any press is good press. The fact that she is willing to look tough against killiary may just be the ticket to stardom.
The last person to take on the clitons is now running the country.

Edit:do I think she can beat PDT, no.


"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"


The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

website:http://aimisthegameinpool.com
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 100,882
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
10-20-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Hillary called it right and Gabbard knows it. If she registers as an Independent now she at least knows there will be an investigation to
see where her money came from. She has no chance on the Democratic platform and she knows it.


Another investigation.
Against a woman and veteran.

Yah that will play out real well.
Not to mention suck attention away from Trump.

More like they fear her grabbing a chunk of votes from the democrats.
Then there is Jill Stein to add to the mix.

Now Imagine if Tulsi drops out and starts campaigning for Trump as a revenge tactic.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
10-20-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Hillary called it right and Gabbard knows it. If she registers as an Independent now she at least knows there will be an investigation to
see where her money came from. She has no chance on the Democratic platform and she knows it.


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute
 
336Robin's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,395
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West of Winston-Salem, NC
   
10-20-2019, 07:44 AM

Sure it could happen more especially if HC is right but anyone would be stupid to leave one platform and go to another unless they have
complete support to go all the way. If that huge amount of support is mainly from one source well and if that source is dark pac it sure doesn't look
right and I think they can expect scrutiny for that. Anyway you slice it, our political process should not be open to attack from outside.

As far as who can beat Trump. Its not Trump so much that's to be beaten. Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times. The map
of voting predominance shows that pretty well. Its a religious war mainly. Trump isn't religious but he's some of them's huckleberry.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post


Another investigation.
Against a woman and veteran.

Yah that will play out real well.
Not to mention suck attention away from Trump.

More like they fear her grabbing a chunk of votes from the democrats.
Then there is Jill Stein to add to the mix.

Now Imagine if Tulsi drops out and starts campaigning for Trump as a revenge tactic.


"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"


The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

website:http://aimisthegameinpool.com

Last edited by 336Robin; 10-20-2019 at 08:19 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 100,882
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
10-20-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Sure it could happen more especially if HC is right but anyone would be stupid to leave one platform and go to another unless they have
complete support to go all the way. If that huge amount of support is mainly from one source well and if that source is dark pac it sure doesn't look
right and I think they can expect scrutiny for that. Anyway you slice it, our political process should not be open to attack from outside.

As far as who can beat Trump. Its not Trump so much that's to be beaten. Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times. The map
of voting predominance shows that pretty well. Its a religious war mainly. Trump isn't religious but he's some of them's huckleberry.
Ahhh.
There it is. The bigotry and prejudice.
Because you dont agree with someone they are behind the times and lacking in education.

Just remember. Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Hitler also thought the rest of the world was behind the times.
Funny how people can be so wrong and cause so much pain and suffering.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
   
10-20-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Sure it could happen more especially if HC is right but anyone would be stupid to leave one platform and go to another unless they have
complete support to go all the way. If that huge amount of support is mainly from one source well and if that source is dark pac it sure doesn't look
right and I think they can expect scrutiny for that. Anyway you slice it, our political process should not be open to attack from outside.

As far as who can beat Trump. Its not Trump so much that's to be beaten. Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times. The map
of voting predominance shows that pretty well. Its a religious war mainly. Trump isn't religious but he's some of them's huckleberry.
Am I reading you correctly, you think rural America is a bit behind the times, meaning they are not as intelligent as those in the cities?

Are you that twisted?

So I'm enlightened and smarter than my rural counterpart if I live in a big city? Because in the big cities people are tolerant of others in the city who shit on the sidewalk, live in a tent on the sidewalk, drop out rates are off the charts, kids are not proficient in math or reading or anything else for that matter, that shootings are taking place every weekend if not every day, where the city itself is going broke?

That's where all the enlightened and smart people live in your mind?

Buwahahahaha

The liberal mind never ceases to amaze me in its flawed basis of reality.


The rail is your best friend.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute
 
336Robin's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,395
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West of Winston-Salem, NC
   
10-20-2019, 10:45 AM

I waiting for it, sure didn't take long and not what I said at all. I did not speak a word about intelligence level. So why do you make up lies?



Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Am I reading you correctly, you think rural America is a bit behind the times, meaning they are not as intelligent as those in the cities?

Are you that twisted?

So I'm enlightened and smarter than my rural counterpart if I live in a big city? Because in the big cities people are tolerant of others in the city who shit on the sidewalk, live in a tent on the sidewalk, drop out rates are off the charts, kids are not proficient in math or reading or anything else for that matter, that shootings are taking place every weekend if not every day, where the city itself is going broke?

That's where all the enlightened and smart people live in your mind?

Buwahahahaha

The liberal mind never ceases to amaze me in its flawed basis of reality.


"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"


The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

website:http://aimisthegameinpool.com
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 31,916
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: West Virginia
   
10-20-2019, 10:54 AM

Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him.

Why don't they ask me? I'll tell them.


God bless each and every one of you
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
   
10-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
I waiting for it, sure didn't take long and not what I said at all. I did not speak a word about intelligence level. So why do you make up lies?
Your description was vague at best and begged for open interpretation. I also asked you if I was correct in my thinking.

You said...."Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times."

A bit behind the times. Many times when we hear this from liberals they mean people are behind the times in terms of thinking progressively. An insult to their intelligence. Which, in that case, my response was spot on and no lies.

Two things, first tell me where exactly I lied, regardless of my interpretation. Second, tell me exactly what you mean by this...."Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times."


The rail is your best friend.

Last edited by strmanglr scott; 10-20-2019 at 11:10 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute
 
conetip's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 2900
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
   
10-20-2019, 11:14 AM

Another great thread by Robin. They will impeach Trump before the Dem's find a candidate that can beat Trump in the 2020 election. A hint, the Mueller report.


Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sofla's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 43,412
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State
   
10-20-2019, 11:18 AM

I have concerns whether any of the Ds in the field can beat Mr. Trump, and it's realistic to wonder if any of them can, imo.

Of course, that partially depends upon what version of Mr. Trump we're talking about a year from now.

The matador does not enter the ring until the picadors have done a lot of work to weaken the bull. (Note to dim thinkers or the somewhat smarter sh!t stirrers-- this is an analogy, which in no way is meant to apply beyond its limited scope. Specifically, no actual violence or real blood-letting is intended or implied. It is figurative and analogous only.)

I point to headline links on Drudge today:

ROMNEY DOWNLOADS ON TRUMP: MAY VOTE TO REMOVE!

FOXNEWS Chris Wallace: 'Well-connected' Republican says 20% chance Senate will remove President...

"....all lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest, lie lie lie..."
-- The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel

So it will depend, in my opinion, on the course of events already in motion, which have unknown and unpredictable outcomes, and the rear guard propaganda effort countering such proceedings.


The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
   
10-20-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I have concerns whether any of the Ds in the field can beat Mr. Trump, and it's realistic to wonder if any of them can, imo.

Of course, that partially depends upon what version of Mr. Trump we're talking about a year from now.

The matador does not enter the ring until the picadors have done a lot of work to weaken the bull. (Note to dim thinkers or the somewhat smarter sh!t stirrers-- this is an analogy, which in no way is meant to apply beyond its limited scope. Specifically, no actual violence or real blood-letting is intended or implied. It is figurative and analogous only.)

I point to headline links on Drudge today:

ROMNEY DOWNLOADS ON TRUMP: MAY VOTE TO REMOVE!

FOXNEWS Chris Wallace: 'Well-connected' Republican says 20% chance Senate will remove President...

"....all lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest, lie lie lie..."
-- The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel


So it will depend, in my opinion, on the course of events already in motion, which have unknown and unpredictable outcomes, and the rear guard propaganda effort countering such proceedings.

You crack me up.
First off, bfd w Romney, he has a personal issue w PDT and it shows blatantly everytime he opens his mouth. He replaced McCain, a failed POTUS candidate who doesnt like PDT. Romney would vote to impeach Trump for putting sugar in his coffee.

Chris Wallace has it from a solid contact huh? OMG, how many times have we got fake news from anonymous sources during this admin? The whistleblower who isn't was the latest. Dumbarse schiff ran w it making him look the fool.

And your little musical quote again, how nifty living in the past. That applies to you so much. You're so easily influenced by the demedia's lies. I've never seen the press face plant so much and you're right there on their back planting yours as well.

Got to love the deranged fraudulent hype coming from the lamestream.


The rail is your best friend.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 100,882
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
10-20-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I have concerns whether any of the Ds in the field can beat Mr. Trump, and it's realistic to wonder if any of them can, imo.

Of course, that partially depends upon what version of Mr. Trump we're talking about a year from now.

The matador does not enter the ring until the picadors have done a lot of work to weaken the bull. (Note to dim thinkers or the somewhat smarter sh!t stirrers-- this is an analogy, which in no way is meant to apply beyond its limited scope. Specifically, no actual violence or real blood-letting is intended or implied. It is figurative and analogous only.)

I point to headline links on Drudge today:

ROMNEY DOWNLOADS ON TRUMP: MAY VOTE TO REMOVE!

FOXNEWS Chris Wallace: 'Well-connected' Republican says 20% chance Senate will remove President...

"....all lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest, lie lie lie..."
-- The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel

So it will depend, in my opinion, on the course of events already in motion, which have unknown and unpredictable outcomes, and the rear guard propaganda effort countering such proceedings.
Just remember.

"It's the economy stupid".

All those gainfully employed black, Latinos, Asians and women may complain about Trumps personality.

However when they are in the voting both and that question is "Are you better off now than 4 years ago?" is in their mind.

They may just choose to stay with Trump.

After all. They may have a lot more to lose then than 4 years ago.

Entitled white people have a bit more leeway in their financial decision making.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.