Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page Dufferin sneaky pete cues?? I need an answer about the maple leaf colors?!!
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Billiard Boy
AzB Bronze Member
Billiard Boy is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

06-05-2014, 08:53 AM

PDCUE,
Yes You are correct "BTW - the butts and shafts were 29 inches in length." I would have sworn it was 29-1/2 inches when I measured it the other day but today, sure enough it measures 29 inches, so it's either one of two things, either I can't use a measuring tape Or my memory is not what it used to be, I'm going with the latter.
Off too the pool hall.

Old
  (#17)
kiddcutty
AzB Silver Member
kiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcue View Post
Where was I when this thread was current?

Away back in 1988 AD, I purchased 100 or so Duffs - from the factory. 8 were Sneakies,
6 were Ebony 1piece.

All the regular house cues had Red Leaf logos. and were 57 in.

All the Sneakies had Green Leaf and were 58 in. It seemed to me they were intended
for the US market because they had 13 mm Pro taper shafts with the pin in the butt.

BTW - the butts and shafts were 29 inches in length.

The Ebony 1piece had WHITE Leaf logos on a black background - just like every other
Ebony Duff I have ever seen, never saw a black leaf, don't expect I ever will.

About 10-ish years prior to that time I purchased 100 Duff house cues for a whopping
$6 each. And yes, I do wish I still had them at that price. I believe they had just
started selling in the US and were going after the niche held by Katz, the premium
house cue at that time.

They were 57 in and all had Red leaf - as I recall, the 'pro' taper was longer on these
earlier versions. Katz didn't have pro taper.

Dale
Maybe you can tell me what can of Duff I have. It's a green leaf with a flat laminated 13mm shaft. Aluminum Joint. Pin in the shaft.
Also there are chevrons going all the up the shaft to the the tip indicating the "sweet spot". The chevrons line up perfectly with the butterfly and the 19oz weight stamp.
Attached Images

Old
  (#18)
CrossBone Cue
AzB Gold Member
CrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond reputeCrossBone Cue has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2014, 07:15 PM

A guy I shoot with has a gold leaf, he drinks a lot, lies a lot and use to do wood working, I figured he done something to it to get it gold, but it is gold. he swares its rare. I tried to take a picture one night and he thru a fit, so I assumed by those actions it was a fake.

Shooter-Flipping Broom Stick right now(with Skulls)
Break-Auerbach Ebony
Shooting Time-2-3 hour a week

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...054&fref=photo

Old
  (#19)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-04-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I got a number of these cues and from what I can tell, from a rarity standpoint:
Red: Common
Green: Rare
Black: Very rare

Some trends I've noticed:
I've seen all colors in pool cues, but they are almost always 57"
Black leaf is almost exclusively on ebony cues
The older cues have a basic weight stamp like "20" instead of the script
The older butterfly cues have longer butterfly veneers
The older cues have thicker handles

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS

Here are some of mine:

-Patrick
That's a real nice collection.

Old
  (#20)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2019, 05:18 AM

Those ebony butterfly's make one hell of a nice sneaky.

Old
  (#21)
HQueen
AzB Silver Member
HQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2019, 07:27 PM

I bought 26 of these ebony dufferins a while back. Here is one I made for my brother as a birthday present last week.
Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: