Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Dem presidential candidates lie when they claim Trump is a racist
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Dem presidential candidates lie when they claim Trump is a racist
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute
 
HawaiianEye's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,485
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
Dem presidential candidates lie when they claim Trump is a racist - 09-14-2019, 10:39 AM

This article is coming from a black guy.

I love it when the black guy says Trump isn't a racist and the white people argue that he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dero...black-colleges
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute
 
time to play no's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: central NC
   
09-14-2019, 11:58 AM

And every other time they open their mouth and speak.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sofla's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 43,411
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State
   
09-14-2019, 12:33 PM

When Gretchen Carlson filed her lawsuit alleging Fox CEO Roger Ailes sexual harassment, many Fox women employees spoke out to say it wasn't true in their experience. (Whether that was orchestrated by Fox, something they coordinated themselves, or just their separate individual choices, I cannot really say.)

And really, what better character witnesses for his general behavior toward women in the workplace could there be than many of the women who worked there?

So Martha MacCallum, Sandra Smith, Mercedes Colwin, Greta Van Susteren, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro all spoke on his behalf, denying he ever did anything in that way to them, implying or maybe in some cases directly saying Carlson was making it up. Some denied there were even rumored claims of this kind.

Quote:
And while news organizations are also known to be hotbeds of office gossip, all three women deny that there were rumors about the treatment Carlson is alleging.

"There's a big difference between that kind of thing and the allegations that are being discussed here," says MacCallum. "So I would say no, nothing like sexual harassment or impeding someone's career. No. I would put that in a whole different category from anything that I have ever heard."

Adds Smith: "If I ever felt like I was working in a hostile environment, I wouldn't be here."

Says Colwin: "By her demeanor and the way she comported herself, you would never ever conceive that [Carlson] had these allegations and would bring them to light, ever."
As of these Ailes supporting comments from these women, Megyn Kelly had not commented. Later she alleged she had been harassed by him. Eventually, six other women came forward to allege workplace harassment from Ailes as Carlson described. And Fox severed his employment because of it.

Even crediting all of Ailes supporting women employees with telling the truth about what happened to them, and what they had been hearing in the rumor mill, all that means is that even a man with a pattern of harassing his female employees doesn't do it all the time, with 100% of them. Because he isn't a stupid person, and knows there is a limit to what he can do without endangering his position.

In today's culture, most racists do not reveal their racism openly, because it causes a harsh reaction. They may even work on inoculating themselves from any such suspicion (does 'some of my best friends are...' sound familiar?). The tell-tale clues may then only be inferential, and against other evidence that (as intended) indicates the contrary.


The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 09-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
09-14-2019, 02:42 PM

Wow. Did you guys hear some static?

We have a word for that clinically. Noncontributory.

Also irrelevant, impertinent, and insignificant.


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 20,988
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2011
   
09-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
When Gretchen Carlson filed her lawsuit alleging Fox CEO Roger Ailes sexual harassment, many Fox women employees spoke out to say it wasn't true in their experience. (Whether that was orchestrated by Fox, something they coordinated themselves, or just their separate individual choices, I cannot really say.)

And really, what better character witnesses for his general behavior toward women in the workplace could there be than many of the women who worked there?

So Martha MacCallum, Sandra Smith, Mercedes Colwin, Greta Van Susteren, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro all spoke on his behalf, denying he ever did anything in that way to them, implying or maybe in some cases directly saying Carlson was making it up. Some denied there were even rumored claims of this kind.



As of these Ailes supporting comments from these women, Megyn Kelly had not commented. Later she alleged she had been harassed by him. Eventually, six other women came forward to allege workplace harassment from Ailes as Carlson described. And Fox severed his employment because of it.

Even crediting all of Ailes supporting women employees with telling the truth about what happened to them, and what they had been hearing in the rumor mill, all that means is that even a man with a pattern of harassing his female employees doesn't do it all the time, with 100% of them. Because he isn't a stupid person, and knows there is a limit to what he can do without endangering his position.

In today's culture, most racists do not reveal their racism openly, because it causes a harsh reaction. They may even work on inoculating themselves from any such suspicion (does 'some of my best friends are...' sound familiar?). The tell-tale clues may then only be inferential, and against other evidence that (as intended) indicates the contrary.
I've said many times that liberals like yourself are the biggest racists and are obsessed with class.

You are the folks that rule from the gated Malibu Colony and relegate the proletariat to the warehouse public schools that you guys govern.

Why would you want to change a rigged system that keeps guys like you at the top?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
slop stroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-14-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
When Gretchen Carlson filed her lawsuit alleging Fox CEO Roger Ailes sexual harassment, many Fox women employees spoke out to say it wasn't true in their experience. (Whether that was orchestrated by Fox, something they coordinated themselves, or just their separate individual choices, I cannot really say.)

And really, what better character witnesses for his general behavior toward women in the workplace could there be than many of the women who worked there?

So Martha MacCallum, Sandra Smith, Mercedes Colwin, Greta Van Susteren, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro all spoke on his behalf, denying he ever did anything in that way to them, implying or maybe in some cases directly saying Carlson was making it up. Some denied there were even rumored claims of this kind.



As of these Ailes supporting comments from these women, Megyn Kelly had not commented. Later she alleged she had been harassed by him. Eventually, six other women came forward to allege workplace harassment from Ailes as Carlson described. And Fox severed his employment because of it.

Even crediting all of Ailes supporting women employees with telling the truth about what happened to them, and what they had been hearing in the rumor mill, all that means is that even a man with a pattern of harassing his female employees doesn't do it all the time, with 100% of them. Because he isn't a stupid person, and knows there is a limit to what he can do without endangering his position.

In today's culture, most racists do not reveal their racism openly, because it causes a harsh reaction. They may even work on inoculating themselves from any such suspicion (does 'some of my best friends are...' sound familiar?). The tell-tale clues may then only be inferential, and against other evidence that (as intended) indicates the contrary.
Spot on! Trump supporters, well former Trump supporters, seem to support your assertion. I know, they are disgruntled, etc... Many of his current supporters won't believe this, but worse, some supporters seem to think Trump is highly credible, as in there is no evidence of Trump telling lies. I contend the whole charade will eventually come crashing down on Trump and the Republican party, and like the Iraq war, we will have a hard time identifying anyone who supported Trump.


"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 20,988
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2011
   
09-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
Spot on! Trump supporters, well former Trump supporters, seem to support your assertion. I know, they are disgruntled, etc... Many of his current supporters won't believe this, but worse, some supporters seem to think Trump is highly credible, as in there is no evidence of Trump telling lies. I contend the whole charade will eventually come crashing down on Trump and the Republican party, and like the Iraq war, we will have a hard time identifying anyone who supported Trump.
How could any organization have a more racist background than the Demo Party?

How many lies will you guys put forward?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute
 
HawaiianEye's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,485
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
09-14-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
we will have a hard time identifying anyone who supported Trump.
There are "supporters" who had to make a choice between him or Hillary in 2016 and then will again in 2020 between him and whichever DIM clown becomes the nominee..

It wasn't hard to say he was better than Hillary and, from what I've seen so far, he's better than any of the Clown Car choices that seem to be what will be available to choose from.

It isn't hard to say he is a better choice that what the DIMs put up.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
slop stroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-14-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
How could any organization have a more racist background than the Demo Party?
Racist background? Who knows? Aside from the not-too-distant past, what does it have to do with the now? Name a family, any family that does not have a racist background. We live, we learn, we move on... hopefully. History, albeit important, is not as important as our current and future prospects. How bout focusing (without forgetting our past) on the now, and what we are going to do about it in our future? Call me crazy, but what Trump or Biden, or McConnell, or Pelosi say and do matters more to me than who Bull Connor was or what Bull Connor said. BTW - conservatism has always been on the questionable side of civil rights, regardless if we are talking dems or reps.


"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
slop stroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-14-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
There are "supporters" who had to make a choice between him or Hillary in 2016 and then will again in 2020 between him and whichever DIM clown becomes the nominee..

It wasn't hard to say he was better than Hillary and, from what I've seen so far, he's better than any of the Clown Car choices that seem to be what will be available to choose from.

It isn't hard to say he is a better choice that what the DIMs put up.
Fair enough, but why the fog screen. Trump would be your choice regardless of who the Dems put up. That is no excuse, however, for who the Republicans put up. There were choices then, and with a strong push from the Republican base, a primary challenger could actually be competitive. What I see, however, is Trump is your (as in the party, not you in particular) guy, warts and all.


"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 20,988
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2011
   
09-14-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
Racist background? Who knows? Aside from the not-too-distant past, what does it have to do with the now? Name a family, any family that does not have a racist background. We live, we learn, we move on... hopefully. History, albeit important, is not as important as our current and future prospects. How bout focusing (without forgetting our past) on the now, and what we are going to do about it in our future? Call me crazy, but what Trump or Biden, or McConnell, or Pelosi say and do matters more to me than who Bull Connor was or what Bull Connor said. BTW - conservatism has always been on the questionable side of civil rights, regardless if we are talking dems or reps.
The Demos running for president are running away from Charter Schools for the sake of the Teacher's Union vote.

It's the same old game keep folks down. I love your history don't matter argument.

You aren't learning at all.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute
 
HawaiianEye's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,485
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
09-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
Fair enough, but why the fog screen. Trump would be your choice regardless of who the Dems put up. That is no excuse, however, for who the Republicans put up. There were choices then, and with a strong push from the Republican base, a primary challenger could actually be competitive. What I see, however, is Trump is your (as in the party, not you in particular) guy, warts and all.
I'm not a R or a D.

However, I'm not a "communist" and that seems to be what that DIMs are intending for us to be.

Give me a D who thinks more along the lines that I do and they could possibly be a choice I would go for. The only one of the bunch that even makes any sense, at all, is Tulsi Gabbard and she can't even get on the stage.

There ISN'T a SINGLE other person in the Clown Car that I would even give the faintest bit of thought in voting for.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
slop stroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-14-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
The Demos running for president are running away from Charter Schools for the sake of the Teacher's Union vote.

It's the same old game keep folks down. I love your history don't matter argument.

You aren't learning at all.
"...Demos running for president are running away from Charter Schools for the sake of the Teacher's Union vote"

What does this have to do with anything we are debating here? Is Trump not racist because the Demos are running away from Charter Schools? Nevermind. Please read my post again. I say history is important, but there are other things that matter to me more. Who isn't learning?


"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
slop stroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-14-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I'm not a R or a D.

However, I'm not a "communist" and that seems to be what that DIMs are intending for us to be.

Give me a D who thinks more along the lines that I do and they could possibly be a choice I would go for. The only one of the bunch that even makes any sense, at all, is Tulsi Gabbard and she can't even get on the stage.

There ISN'T a SINGLE other person in the Clown Car that I would even give the faintest bit of thought in voting for.
You are not an R? It amazes me how many people on this forum use this line when they continually sh@#$%#t all over the Dems, and defend the Reps at ever y turn. Well you may not be an R, but you seem to proudly wear the R uniform while posting.


"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sofla's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 43,411
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State
   
09-14-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Wow. Did you guys hear some static?

We have a word for that clinically. Noncontributory.

Also irrelevant, impertinent, and insignificant.
Yes, I heard it right here in your post.

It is all you say, too.

Pretty neat trick to be so self-referential. Very artistic!

It reminds me of this Escher drawing.



The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.