AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just never know.

IMG_20190205_110642_resized.jpg
IMG_20190205_110705_resized.jpg

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could feel everything, basically 8 sides. But you evaluate, make a decision and hope. You get one shot and the window is small and limited to approximately the size of the finish your going to apply to it or within reason.

IMG_20191002_145528.jpg
IMG_20191002_145520.jpg

More later

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Almost hard to believe that cleaned-up.

It's a window cue. I pulled all the pieces, made a cup holder for each piece, bored it true and made phenolic shims for each piece. My customer is the original owner.

More pics to come.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Coming along nice Mike! It'll be a gem and better than original when done.

Congrats to the owner

No doubt, that thing never had a finish on it like Mike's. It will be master-class. :cool:

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer

Mike looks great, I'm in the middle of a Palmer restoration myself,crazy stuff he did back in the 60's. wound up having to ditch the handle-forearm was tapered funny and i don't mean ha ha funny, all in all a real piece of work. Thanks for the pics, cue really looks good.........Ray Weeks

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike looks great, I'm in the middle of a Palmer restoration myself,crazy stuff he did back in the 60's. wound up having to ditch the handle-forearm was tapered funny and i don't mean ha ha funny, all in all a real piece of work. Thanks for the pics, cue really looks good.........Ray Weeks

Hi Mr. Weeks
I keep a pretty good photo library of the one's I've restored. I've seen a couple of different construction methods. True fact, restorations are usually more demanding than building a cue. Following behind someone else's work is very challenging and having the right state of mind and time can be a task by itself. I try to imagine what it will be instead of what it is. There's a couple of good guys here that have extensive knowledge of Palmers. Thier input has helped me over the years. Type 79 and Classic cues. Great people.
Examples

IMG_20190102_100904_resized.jpg
IMG_1343~2.jpg
IMG_20180320_085012.jpg

Last edited:

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Looks great

Hard to believe that was under all that grime! Looks great, going to be a cool cue.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
This is very cool! Is it going to be wrapless now? Does the weight change much or does the finish cancel out the wood, and grime, that was removed? Thanks for posting things like this Mike!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is very cool! Is it going to be wrapless now? Does the weight change much or does the finish cancel out the wood, and grime, that was removed? Thanks for posting things like this Mike!

It will have a wrap again. The weight will be the same as it was. It's his player. Fun stuff.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a couple of good guys here that have extensive knowledge of Palmers. Thier input has helped me over the years. Type 79 and Classic cues. Great people.

Thank you Mike.

I love following your restoration work.