More fun in the kitchen.
Old
  (#1)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Talking More fun in the kitchen. - 10-11-2019, 06:38 AM

Ran the dishwasher this morning. I had these little plastic trays for corn on the cob I bought years ago. I had them in there. Well, they are light and got blown around in there and one of them made its way down to the bottom and balanced perfectly on the heating element. Then the element turned on to dry every thing. Smelled something funny so I went downstairs to see smoke pouring out of the dishwasher. That tray had melted in half onto the heating element. Plastic smoke stinks. Probably toxic too.

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#2)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-11-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
Ran the dishwasher this morning. I had these little plastic trays for corn on the cob I bought years ago. I had them in there. Well, they are light and got blown around in there and one of them made its way down to the bottom and balanced perfectly on the heating element. Then the element turned on to dry every thing. Smelled something funny so I went downstairs to see smoke pouring out of the dishwasher. That tray had melted in half onto the heating element. Plastic smoke stinks. Probably toxic too.
Sounds like fun.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#3)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-11-2019, 06:49 AM

Enjoy! That shit is gonna be reminding you it is there for a looking time.

Had same thing happen at my house about a year ago and it is all resolved now.

Pee ess: My appliance advisor said DONT try to get it off, coz you will break the element.

Old
  (#4)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-11-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Enjoy! That shit is gonna be reminding you it is there for a looking time.

Had same thing happen at my house about a year ago and it is all resolved now.

Pee ess: My appliance advisor said DONT try to get it off, coz you will break the element.
That is exactly what I was going to try and do.

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#5)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 07:42 AM

Had the same issue a year or so ago with one of those big plastic spoons. I don't put them in the dish washer anymore. I don't put hardly anything plastic in it except containers as they are too large to get out of the top tray. Gotta love the smell of plastic when melting.

Old
  (#6)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-11-2019, 08:06 AM

The ice-maker in my kitchen fridge had an issue this weekend and the water going to it wouldn't shut off.
I didn't notice it until I got up Sunday. Don't know how long it was running, but there was a large amount of water in the basement, and the water spread under 40% of the hardwood in the kitchen and the second dining area, as well as into the mud room. Most of the hardwood is warped and the sub floor is mostly ruined.
Shit happens.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#7)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
The ice-maker in my kitchen fridge had an issue this weekend and the water going to it wouldn't shut off.
I didn't notice it until I got up Sunday. Don't know how long it was running, but there was a large amount of water in the basement, and the water spread under 40% of the hardwood in the kitchen and the second dining area, as well as into the mud room. Most of the hardwood is warped and the sub floor is mostly ruined.
Shit happens.
MOTHER F$@$&!!

You win

Old
  (#8)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Shit happens.
oh crap... that straight up SUCKS!!

Old
  (#9)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Shit happens.
Insurance will cover?

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#10)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-11-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Insurance will cover?
We'll find out soon enough, but my reading of the policy leads me to believe it will.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: