Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Possible to identify the age of a pool table?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Possible to identify the age of a pool table?
Old
  (#1)
Luposian
AzB Bronze Member
Luposian is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Question Possible to identify the age of a pool table? - 10-20-2019, 09:39 PM

I have a used 7' Connelly Prescott w/ Queen Anne legs. It has three pieces of 1" Ardesia Biggio slate (OIS). Rectangular nameplate. Light Oak finish. Was told by the seller that it's probably from around 2000 (and may have had more than one previous owner), which would make it 19 yrs. old, if true. Is there any way to actually positively identify when a table was made (within just a single year, not a specific date)? Seems that no owner's manual or documentation exists for high end pool tables. Don't know why. I should think that would be a good thing to have.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luposian View Post
I have a used 7' Connelly Prescott w/ Queen Anne legs. It has three pieces of 1" Ardesia Biggio slate (OIS). Rectangular nameplate. Light Oak finish. Was told by the seller that it's probably from around 2000 (and may have had more than one previous owner), which would make it 19 yrs. old, if true. Is there any way to actually positively identify when a table was made (within just a single year, not a specific date)? Seems that no owner's manual or documentation exists for high end pool tables. Don't know why. I should think that would be a good thing to have.
They still make it. About 4grand for a new 7ft. Its probably marked somewhere with a build date. Connelly is owned by Valley/Dynamo now.

Old
  (#3)
Luposian
AzB Bronze Member

10-20-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
They still make it. About 4grand for a new 7ft. Its probably marked somewhere with a build date. Connelly is owned by Valley/Dynamo now.
I've tried talking to Craig Connelly and Connelly Billiards, but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly Billiards and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for Valley Dynamo to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I've tried talking to Craig Connelly and Connelly Billiards, but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly Billiards and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for Valley Dynamo to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?
You'd think it would have a date-code/serial# or something. Is it together? Some home tables are marked on bottom of slate or slate backing.

Old
  (#5)
Luposian
AzB Bronze Member

10-20-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
You'd think it would have a date-code/serial# or something. Is it together? Some home tables are marked on bottom of slate or slate backing.
It was assembled by the guys at SureShot Billiards (Phoenix, AZ area; we live in Sierra Vista, AZ (yeah, that trip rang the price up a wee bit ($700) higher), who had it for an amazing $1,199!!! Couldn't believe it! But never saw any numbers or date codes or anything anywhere. I'll look again underneath. I watched them assemble it (fascinating process!) and took pictures of the slate (Ardesia Biggio) and the Simonis 860 cloth I upgraded to. But never saw anything else that caught my attention.

Old
  (#6)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

10-20-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
It was assembled by the guys at SureShot Billiards (Phoenix, AZ area; we live in Sierra Vista, AZ (yeah, that trip rang the price up a wee bit ($700) higher), who had it for an amazing $1,199!!! Couldn't believe it! But never saw any numbers or date codes or anything anywhere. I'll look again underneath. I watched them assemble it (fascinating process!) and took pictures of the slate (Ardesia Biggio) and the Simonis 860 cloth I upgraded to. But never saw anything else that caught my attention.
Just curious: why so important to know build date? Nice table but not in the collectible category. Just wonderin'.

Old
  (#7)
Luposian
AzB Bronze Member

10-20-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Just curious: why so important to know build date? Nice table but not in the collectible category. Just wonderin'.
I think because I want to take pride in something like this table. And you can take a certain amount of pride in just HAVING a quality table, but knowing the history behind it, makes it all the better. That's all.

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-21-2019, 04:13 AM

I've tried talking to
Azbilliards forum
but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly... and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for
Azbilliards forum
to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?

Last edited by Black-Balled; 10-21-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Old
  (#9)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I've tried talking to
Azbilliards forum
but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly... and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for
Azbilliards forum
to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?
I see what ya did there. Brian.

Old
  (#10)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 08:50 AM

How about some pictures

Old
  (#11)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 08:53 AM

One on my faves
Attached Images

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Always a fine one
Attached Images

Old
  (#13)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 08:57 AM

And for the price of 2 revos...
Attached Images

Old
  (#14)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 08:58 AM

And for me finally...errr, finale
Attached Images

Old
  (#15)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 08:59 AM

Never Mind

Name:  BD13F144-E697-4AED-BB4E-38F04B8CB6EE.jpeg
Views: 168
Size:  13.3 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: