Revo shaft now available for purchase

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bottom line is all shaft have deflection ..........................

That's exactly right.
And because you always have to compensate anyway why not get used to a good feeling solid maple
shaft where at least nothing is muted.
No one argues that the feel is always superior in a solid maple shaft vs the LD shafts.

Matter of fact that seems to be one of the selling point for many.
"Feels (or almost feels) like solid maple" are words I see thrown out there a lot when people are priding
them selves of how awesome their latest LD shaft is.

No matter how much some pool players think we can defeat physics, we simply can't.

Deflect more or less doesn't matter.
What matters is that people learn to compensate for this and before you know it'll be so automatic you
won't even think about it.

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
China has done nothing but struggle to make a solid maple shaft and keep it straight
Of all the cues that come out of china that have solid maple shafts only one or two companies seemed to make solid maple shaft that will stay straight .

Personally I don't believe the china based cue companies had choice but to switch to some other material because they could never get there $hit together making a maple shaft and keeping it straight.

The problem is selling the public on some other material and convincing the public that the new material is better..

The only way to do that was to put the cue in the hands of people who can play pool great with any cue they get handed .

Predator would be out of business if they charge normal price because of the amount of money they spend on advertising .

It also seems to me allot of LD shaft fans have tried and bought allot of the new technology LD shafts over the years ..

I have met people who have 3 or 4 predator or OB shafts sitting in there closet that are warped or delaminated ..

Every year its the same thing, something that is the best , like a 12 .9 mm diameter ferrule and tip , then the next year the same company comes out and says this is now the best .and comes out with a 12.4 mm shaft .
Like they totally forgot any of the things they said the year before.

Or they say O we are using a better grade of maple now, :angry:
Meaning they been using and selling us the cheapest crap they can buy and still make a laminated shaft .

and just because china cant mass produce solid maple shafts doesn't mean all solid maple shaft will warp or have issue just most of the ones from china has issues.

Straight up , I have never had a solid maple shaft that I have made, that warped or get returned ................................................
I have a arm load of solid maple shafts zero issue ..............

The issue is china, they make things cheap they come up with more fake products then any two nations put together and they lie there @sses off selling there crap .
What China does copying other people work is nothing less then criminal .

It seems China is the major factor why allot pool players think all solid maple shafts warp.
Its because most beginner pool players buy a china made cue in the beginning .
So you have 5 new players with china made cues and all the shafts are warped .
It would be easy to think all solid maple shafts warp , when that isn't the truth .

The truth is most solid maple shafts from china warp and the custom cues made here in the states don't ...

When predator moved there factor from the USA laying off American workers to china hiring unskilled workers you would think the price of predator cues would of gone down , not doubled or tripled or more ..
That seemed pretty anti American to me .

The most warped shaft I have ever chucked up in one of my lathe was a predator shaft ...
It was a total piece of junk ..
The only thing holding the tenon together was bird droppings .
I have made and designed a few things in my life ,, when one of the guys in the shop created something worthless we would make it into a ash tray or anything to embarrass the person who designed and made it..

I can vision a lunch room filled with predator ash trays ..

If I think I need a LD shaft that bad I will make one like I have in the past.

Lets talk the best ,,,, AAA grade maple dowel 15 bucks . Micarta ferrule 45 bucks
Kamui tip 20 bucks .
Collar material 5 bucks and 3 hours of total time cutting the dowel into a shaft over a 18 month time period .
I have used pre cut shaft wood .. shafts that have been gone from a dowel to a shaft in 90 days and still haven't had issues ..

Just because China cant make a solid maple shaft doesnt mean solid maple shaft are low quality materials.
It means some materials cant be rushed and it helps if you have skilled workers

I can buy premium maple shaft dowel wood for 15 bucks a stick all day long and on Sundays too.
China cue maker are too cheap to pay that much for descent shaft material.
If I can make a descent shaft from a 15 dollar piece of maple shaft dowel wood that will not warp why cant china ??

Care to explain to me why 3 of my 4 Joss shafts warped in the first year, then?

Your rhetorical babble about the quality of Chinese cues astounds me.

Let's look at the long list of American cuemakers that have walked off with customer's cash, and left them with no cue. At least the Chinese company puts a cue in your hands. And in the case of Lucasi, they offer a lifetime warranty. Not bad for a couple hundred bucks.

Oh, and Predator never had a factory in the USA. Their first cues were made by Joss. Then Falcon. Then KPS for a short time. Then Samsara made their shafts for a short run. And finally, Taican took over in 2009.

Last edited:

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang !

How long have u been using it ?
I thought its ding n warp resistant.
Couple months ago at a competition, carlo biado n roberto gomez was showing me how strong it was by smacking it on the table deliberately lol

I bought it used from another member here. I only noticed it after a day of having it. I felt it was too late to tell the member that he missold me the item...I specifacally asked him if there was any flaws on the cue/shaft and he said "None!" He can just come back to me & say why didn't you examine the item before using it, blah blah blah... No wonder the member listed it cheaper than anyone else I have seen. Good thing I sold it on ebay just 2 days after owning it.

The guy who bought off me has it for sale now on ebay. He's even using my photos & he tried to sell the shaft close to $800 at one point. LOL! Who in their right mind will buy a chipped shaft whih may never be repaired?! Furthermore, his asking price is $100 less than the ugly limited edition Revo cues.

Last edited:

MissippiBrock

Registered
China has done nothing but struggle to make a solid maple shaft and keep it straight
Of all the cues that come out of china that have solid maple shafts only one or two companies seemed to make solid maple shaft that will stay straight .

Personally I don't believe the china based cue companies had choice but to switch to some other material because they could never get there $hit together making a maple shaft and keeping it straight.

The problem is selling the public on some other material and convincing the public that the new material is better..

The only way to do that was to put the cue in the hands of people who can play pool great with any cue they get handed .

Predator would be out of business if they charge normal price because of the amount of money they spend on advertising .

It also seems to me allot of LD shaft fans have tried and bought allot of the new technology LD shafts over the years ..

I have met people who have 3 or 4 predator or OB shafts sitting in there closet that are warped or delaminated ..

Every year its the same thing, something that is the best , like a 12 .9 mm diameter ferrule and tip , then the next year the same company comes out and says this is now the best .and comes out with a 12.4 mm shaft .
Like they totally forgot any of the things they said the year before.

Or they say O we are using a better grade of maple now, :angry:
Meaning they been using and selling us the cheapest crap they can buy and still make a laminated shaft .

and just because china cant mass produce solid maple shafts doesn't mean all solid maple shaft will warp or have issue just most of the ones from china has issues.

Straight up , I have never had a solid maple shaft that I have made, that warped or get returned ................................................
I have a arm load of solid maple shafts zero issue ..............

The issue is china, they make things cheap they come up with more fake products then any two nations put together and they lie there @sses off selling there crap .
What China does copying other people work is nothing less then criminal .

It seems China is the major factor why allot pool players think all solid maple shafts warp.
Its because most beginner pool players buy a china made cue in the beginning .
So you have 5 new players with china made cues and all the shafts are warped .
It would be easy to think all solid maple shafts warp , when that isn't the truth .

The truth is most solid maple shafts from china warp and the custom cues made here in the states don't ...

When predator moved there factor from the USA laying off American workers to china hiring unskilled workers you would think the price of predator cues would of gone down , not doubled or tripled or more ..
That seemed pretty anti American to me .

The most warped shaft I have ever chucked up in one of my lathe was a predator shaft ...
It was a total piece of junk ..
The only thing holding the tenon together was bird droppings .
I have made and designed a few things in my life ,, when one of the guys in the shop created something worthless we would make it into a ash tray or anything to embarrass the person who designed and made it..

I can vision a lunch room filled with predator ash trays ..

If I think I need a LD shaft that bad I will make one like I have in the past.

Lets talk the best ,,,, AAA grade maple dowel 15 bucks . Micarta ferrule 45 bucks
Kamui tip 20 bucks .
Collar material 5 bucks and 3 hours of total time cutting the dowel into a shaft over a 18 month time period .
I have used pre cut shaft wood .. shafts that have been gone from a dowel to a shaft in 90 days and still haven't had issues ..

Just because China cant make a solid maple shaft doesnt mean solid maple shaft are low quality materials.
It means some materials cant be rushed and it helps if you have skilled workers

I can buy premium maple shaft dowel wood for 15 bucks a stick all day long and on Sundays too.
If I can make a descent shaft from a 15 dollar piece of maple shaft dowel wood that will not warp why cant china ??

The revo shaft is manufactured at their research facility in Massachusetts. Which may also add to the expensive price tag.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Care to explain to me why 3 of my 4 Joss shafts warped in the first year, then?

Your rhetorical babble about the quality of Chinese cues astounds me.

Let's look at the long list of American cuemakers that have walked off with customer's cash, and left them with no cue. At least the Chinese company puts a cue in your hands. And in the case of Lucasi, they offer a lifetime warranty. Not bad for a couple hundred bucks.

Oh, and Predator never had a factory in the USA. Their first cues were made by Joss. Then Falcon. Then KPS for a short time. Then Samsara made their shafts for a short run. And finally, Taican took over in 2009.

I agree... And the REVO shafts are made in Boston Massachusetts..

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I shot a rack with a revo yesterday at SBE and I was pretty impressed. It was smooth as silk and the hit was nothing like I thought it would be. The rep was hitting a shaft off one of the balls(pretty hard) with no dings/dents. Then he was bending it at least a 1/2 - 1 inch then rolling it on the table, dead straight.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
MM
I think you got me wrong
I sarcastically congratulated Predator on there marketing to get people to pay$500 for a shaft.
$500 for a shaft-I will quit playing pool before I pay $500 for shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shot a rack with a revo yesterday at SBE and I was pretty impressed. It was smooth as silk and the hit was nothing like I thought it would be. The rep was hitting a shaft off one of the balls(pretty hard) with no dings/dents. Then he was bending it at least a 1/2 - 1 inch then rolling it on the table, dead straight.

Wood shafts bend a whole lot more than an inch and still roll straight.
Even seen Mike Siegel break....lol
OK,,,,,,,ok.......had to say it.
I know you're not saying you can bend the Regal more or anything.
Just that the guy did it.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hyperbole

What is up with all the hyperbole on here????

I don't think Predator said its indestrucatable and if you read their website - novel thought - reading that is... It says "highly ding resistant", and when compared to wood, I'm sure it is...

But seriously, if you don't like their stuff that's fine, but read what it actually says before you get on here spreading "false information" or "fake claims" as some of us are generally interested in the shaft. If I don't like a product, I don't spend my time on threads about it.

And we wonder why no one has trust in the media... The internet makes everyone an expert...

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Predator said its indestrucatable and if you read their website - novel thought - reading that is...

Predator does not say it is indestructible.
No one, certainly not I, ever said that.
Someone on page one or two said it wouldn't scratch or dent and that's complete BS. As if it came from Hillary's mouth her self.
Correct spelling is also a novel thought.
Wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interested in how you like or don't like it. I'm giving one some thought.

I got my 12.4 on Saturday and played with it for several hours yesterday. First thing I noticed is it had a different sound and feel then the 12.9 I own. Even tho they both have the Kamui super soft clear on them. The 12.4 had a stiffer hit and a crisp hit to it. And I feel has less deflection then the 12.9. As an example. A 70 degree cut shot with extreme inside English to bring cue ball back to u 3 rails. U can aim on the edge and fire and not really have to compensate for swerve deflection etc. really amazing. To be able to aim where u want to hit o.b. With English and have very little adjustment outside where u want to hit o.b.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator does not say it is indestructible.
No one, certainly not I, ever said that.
Someone on page one or two said it wouldn't scratch or dent and that's complete BS. As if it came from Hillary's mouth her self.
Correct spelling is also a novel thought.
Wouldn't you say?
as long as we're correcting spelling, herself is one word.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

I got 4 Lucasi 2-piece house cues in my basement so guest will at least have a decent cue to shoot with. $40 each (wholesale) Bought them 15 years ago.

I'm still not a "Chinese" product guy just because of the way in which they conduct "business" like stealing intellectual property, and making knock offs, and just because of the huge trade imbalance with the US, I try to avoid by anything made in China.

I broke my long standing rule only because I got them wholesale, and I figure my basement would just destroy them eventually.

But these cues are still straight. Yeah, it's a finished basement and I do have a 2 dehumidifiers working around the clock, but it's a basement, and it sits at between 35% and 40% humidity year round. That's still a LOT more then the upstairs part of the house. And the cues are sitting in a cue rack, unprotected.

I would have bet money the'd be warped in a few years??? I would have LOST that bet. I rolled them recently because I had a few extra shafts (bought a couple more and used the butts for autographs) thus I didn't need the shafts, and just threw the in an empty case years ago, and still have not needed to put the new ones on.

I might just put the new ones on just so they get "used" and throw away the dirty shafts ;)

PS: And yes, before I get 10 responses saying "good luck" on buying a TV, cell phone or other electronics NOT made in China, I'm quite aware and bascially have no choice, and bite the bullet :)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is up with all the hyperbole on here????

I don't think Predator said its indestrucatable and if you read their website - novel thought - reading that is... It says "highly ding resistant", and when compared to wood, I'm sure it is...

But seriously, if you don't like their stuff that's fine, but read what it actually says before you get on here spreading "false information" or "fake claims" as some of us are generally interested in the shaft. If I don't like a product, I don't spend my time on threads about it.

And we wonder why no one has trust in the media... The internet makes everyone an expert...

Well, I believe it was Scott, a little further back up this thread who said, "The Revo shaft will NOT ding and will not warp...period." Scott, in another post in this thread, seems to be saying he's a product "tester" for Predator, so to me that's kind of "official word" when you've got guys you're sending product to offering sweeping endorsements.

In any case, they way many folks decide on whether they're interested in a product or service is by reading the discussions about them here. That usually means favorable and unfavorable comments. That does not constitute a media conspiracy.

Lou Figueroa
last time I checked

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
I got 4 Lucasi 2-piece house cues in my basement so guest will at least have a decent cue to shoot with. $40 each (wholesale) Bought them 15 years ago.

I'm still not a "Chinese" product guy just because of the way in which they conduct "business" like stealing intellectual property, and making knock offs, and just because of the huge trade imbalance with the US, I try to avoid by anything made in China.

I broke my long standing rule only because I got them wholesale, and I figure my basement would just destroy them eventually.

But these cues are still straight. Yeah, it's a finished basement and I do have a 2 dehumidifiers working around the clock, but it's a basement, and it sits at between 35% and 40% humidity year round. That's still a LOT more then the upstairs part of the house. And the cues are sitting in a cue rack, unprotected.

I would have bet money the'd be warped in a few years??? I would have LOST that bet. I rolled them recently because I had a few extra shafts (bought a couple more and used the butts for autographs) thus I didn't need the shafts, and just threw the in an empty case years ago, and still have not needed to put the new ones on.

I might just put the new ones on just so they get "used" and throw away the dirty shafts ;)

PS: And yes, before I get 10 responses saying "good luck" on buying a TV, cell phone or other electronics NOT made in China, I'm quite aware and bascially have no choice, and bite the bullet :)

500.00 for a carbon fiber shaft out of china is BS.
Cheapest SOB on the face of the earth when it comes down to making things .
That nation is know for producing products that make junk look good .

When I wrote my reply Lucasi cues were at the top of mind.
Because I know not all there shafts warp and they are made in China now ..
I don't know if the company started there or not .

I knew someone would chime in and say they have a Lucasi and the shaft is straight .
I am glade for you... but most of the other cues coming out of china cant say the same thing ...

China has no issue producing knock off products child labor and watching its own people stave and ripping of other businesses logos designs and trade marks .

No one that makes Solid maple shafts need to pay someone to play with it ..
Only the LD shaft makers ,,, need to buy people into using there shafts ..

All shafts have deflection , and there isn't a shaft made that has so much deflection it can be adjusted for ..
This all about adjusting for deflection ..
The pool players 40 years ago are just as good as the players today ..

This is all a gimmick, because Most all china based cue companies have never been able to mass produce a Descent solid maple shaft and be able to keep the shaft straight .....

I am not interested in any products coming out of china ..