My son's been ordered to self quarantine.....

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i havent read all the replies
i will pray for your son and daughter in law to make it through this unharmed
since they are young they should make it through the illness if they get it and be fine

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Hope he gets well.

Hits a little close to home. I'm in IT and sitting in my office at work right now. We are telworking 4 days a week. In office 1. I hope they make the right choice and just close the building.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good morning Jeff:

While this is definitely not to be taken lightly please take some comfort knowing that the odds are very much in their favor.

Prayers for a good outcome to you and your family.

best,
brian kc

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts and prayers for all affected.
Our daughter, a PT therapist was exposed this week as well.
They are quarantined as well.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB, I've come to you good people before and ask for prayer.

So, any of you that know God, please, please, please pray that my boy and his wife will be ok.

Thanks for much needed prayers brothers and sisters.

I am no expert but did serve a few years upon the Alter in my youth. With that said, I am very happy to see the many like minded people in here, Prayer is needed, Prayers have been sent.

Thanks for posting.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

What location are they in? Chances are everything will be fine with them, they will get through this. It's a wake up call for everybody to do everything they can to protect themselves and their loved ones. Try to stay positive and keep us up to date.

Chris

what Tate said. Everybody is gonna need to do for themselves and for their families. Nobody can do it for you...we are all going to need to ELIMINATE EXPOSURE RISK.

Jeff- know that we are with you. It goes without saying, but pool is a distraction. Our people are the real stuff.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope he gets well.

Hits a little close to home. I'm in IT and sitting in my office at work right now. We are telworking 4 days a week. In office 1. I hope they make the right choice and just close the building.

My work is doing staggered staffing. Skeleton crew, each working from home for a couple days, then in the office for one.

I strongly objected in our planning meeting about it: I think it is woefully ignorant to think an exposed individual that is here today doesn't leave contagions that remain tomorrow.

We know exposure totals increase at a high rate and we know no exposure=>no flu. Where's the disconnect?

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
Try to find and read what the doctor in israel has to say about the virus. Good luck to you.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Saddened by this news, but hopeful for a good result. May better times lie ahead for your family.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers for your Son and Daughter in law , Also for you and your Wife . I know it is Scary but the Good Lord will take care of it !

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
As silly as this sounds...

I have a gnarly scar on my right arm from surgery. Broke it arm wrestling in my 20’s. All I could think about was whether I could shoot pool again. Would my stroke be the same? What a relief the first time I hit a ball and nothing felt off. My wife calls it my magic scar. It’s where I store all my magic. She has been in Hawaii the last week and is flying home now and can be a bit of a nervous flyer. Before boarding she texted me “Magic scar please keep me safe!” I promised it was fully charged and dedicated to her. And it is. Luckily the magic runeth over and I have a bit to share. I’ll send some your way as safety for your family.

Good vibes!

This is so wholesome. Thanks for sharing the story, and the scar magic.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I'm in the same line of work.
We are a wireless internet provider.
With all the kids doing online work, etc, now that everythingisshut down, we are working around the clock almost.
In and out of homes constantly.
Seems kinda counter intuitive, but when it comes to the internet, people would rather take their chances with Coronavirus than go without out internet :rolleyes:.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder, do they have any symptoms? If not, then you should not be worried yet. The virus is not airborne, and the only way to get it is if someone who has it coughs or sneezes in your face, or if you touch a surface that has the virus on it, and then touch your face.

I have been feeling extremely tired for a solid week, every day, and have had mild Cold symptoms. I do not know, but I might have the virus. If I do though, it does not seem to be affecting me in that bad of a way. I am able to breath just fine, and do not feel like I have a fever.

Just have to try to stay positive, and hope for the best. I am not a religious person, so do not believe in prayer. But I do hope that you and your family will be okay.

WTF is wrong with you........if they don’t have symptoms, then don’t
worry.

Do you know incubation is anywhere from 72 hrs to up to 30 days.
That 4 out of 5 people infected get it from someone without symptoms.
That the morbidity rate applies to everyone and it is very, very high.

And Jeff asks for prayers and so then you post your agnostic or atheist best wishes.
Get off the Forum......go do a self imposed time out. You’re new here but don’t be an ass.
We already have enough of those on the Forum. People without symptoms are at risk too.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was able to get in touch with my son this morning.

He said they are doing fine and resting. He did say that both of them are running a low grade temp and feeling a bit tired but, otherwise he said they are fine.

Like some, my son is not the type person to complain. He was that way as a child. He would have to get very sick before he even let on that he wasn't feeling well.

He was told that the test results would be back in a few days from the time it was sent in.

Well, that's all I know at this point.

My boy sounded positive this morning. He's a strong young man.

Well, he said he would be calling back this evening.

I'll keep you folks updated.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like mild symptoms. I hope
it is no big deal and they come through
just fine.
I cant imagine my own kids getting sick
with this. The unknown is not a place
anyone wants to be.
My thoughts are with you and your family.