1993 Billiard Congress of America Beer Steins

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago I posted a query in the For Sale Section and got zero response so I will post here. Does anyone here have in their possession or have seen these before? How common are they? Does anyone have any info on them.

Attachments

• Steins.jpg
    Steins.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Check out E-bay people sell all kinds of goofy thing. I hit a lot of garage & estate sales and never seen these.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out E-bay people sell all kinds of goofy thing. I hit a lot of garage & estate sales and never seen these.

I had been looking on ebay and in every corner of the internet for more than 20 years for this set and one finally showed up this past week. I had to have it.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the underside of one of the steins.

Attachments

• IMG_4897.JPG
    IMG_4897.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
I have never seen these before either. 2,449 more sets out there somewhere. so, you're sayin' i have a chance

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never seen these before either. 2,449 more sets out there somewhere. so, you're sayin' i have a chance
Shamos has a set so your chances went way down.:D Or up depending on his price.

It's hard for me to believe that they would have finished the whole run of over 2400 before seeing how sales went but maybe they had to. These days you would just get 50 made up and order more as needed.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found out that the steins I bought were from Jean Balukas. Her sister-in-law listed and sold them on ebay.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little more info...

The steins were made by a company named CUI Inc. in Wilmington, NC -- no relation to Charlie Ursitti, evidently. They seem to be out of business now, since according to trademark records they have not been responding to notices since about 1999. The C likely stands for Carolina which appeared in one of their trademarks. They made various kinds of "modern memorabilia". Here is another stein from them:

CropperCapture[519].jpg

The site worthpoint.com has two records of sales of one or two billiard steins on Ebay but no full set.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My set arrived today in their original packing boxes. There was some serious discoloration after 25+ years in storage but they cleaned right up with a little polish.