Columbus OH

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll be in Columbus Monday. Are any rooms open
I know Players stays closed on Mondays now. Cushions in Westerville is open and has 1 tight 9' Diamond, a few Gandys, and a bunch of Diamond barboxes. Big Money Billiard Parlor in London also has 2 9' Diamonds and a good amt of barbox. What's your game of choice?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Players stays closed on Mondays now. Cushions in Westerville is open and has 1 tight 9' Diamond, a few Gandys, and a bunch of Diamond barboxes. Big Money Billiard Parlor in London also has 2 9' Diamonds and a good amt of barbox. What's your game of choice?

1P tight table. My hotel is in Dublin. Actually flying into Delaware

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1P tight table. My hotel is in Dublin. Actually flying into Delaware
I'm busy during the day but could probably get out there around 7 or so if interested. Since it's the only tight one, and the only Diamond there I'd call ahead to make sure it's available. Otherwise I've played one pocket on both Diamonds in London and they play fair.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Bankshot Billiards should be open in Hilliard which neighbors Dublin. Probably within 5 miles of your hotel. Clean, safe but only two Global 9 footers and a dozen Diamond 7 footers. Should call, I don't track their league nights, here's the FB page. Friendly place.

https://www.facebook.com/Bankshots.Cbus/

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bankshot Billiards should be open in Hilliard which neighbors Dublin. Probably within 5 miles of your hotel. Clean, safe but only two Global 9 footers and a dozen Diamond 7 footers. Should call, I don't track their league nights, here's the FB page. Friendly place.

I was there about 8 years ago. Nice room but I didn’t play 1P on those Globals. Too bad it’s not like the closed Real Bankshot Billiards in Louisville. At least the 7 footers are Diamonds.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
He'll be closer to Marysville.
Too bad Wil still wasn't around Delaware.

I'm busy during the day but could probably get out there around 7 or so if interested. Since it's the only tight one, and the only Diamond there I'd call ahead to make sure it's available. Otherwise I've played one pocket on both Diamonds in London and they play fair.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That is just funny to hear anyone is flying into Delaware, it's a farming town but used to have a 6 table room and Wil was one of the players there along with a few other gamblers. No 9ft though, just 8ft's.

My hotel is off I-270 and Hwy 33.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I was there about 8 years ago. Nice room but I didn’t play 1P on those Globals. Too bad it’s not like the closed Real Bankshot Billiards in Louisville. At least the 7 footers are Diamonds.

They expanded out and added 4 more Diamond 7 footers for league play. Nice addition and opened the place up some. But I don't play on bar tables so occasionally shoot on the Globals which don't play too awful. Can't think of anywhere that hasn't been mentioned that I'd recommend. Have a good flight, plenty of eateries at 270 and 33. :smile:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
u12armresl...Jim pilots a private jet, so they land wherever they want to!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

That is just funny to hear anyone is flying into Delaware, it's a farming town but used to have a 6 table room and Wil was one of the players there along with a few other gamblers. No 9ft though, just 8ft's.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
u12armresl...Jim pilots a private jet, so they land wherever they want to!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Too bad I’m not heading to Florida, my game needs an overhaul.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the action Dan. Cushions is a nice place. The Diamond ProAm with 4 1/8 corners played well. Those three Gandy’s are horrible. I don’t even think their good for fire wood.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Big Money redid their 9 ft tables. New felt, Blue label specs, and super tight pockets for 1 pocket. I was told they are 3 3/4 inches. crazy. Glad you found some action.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Big Money redid their 9 ft tables. New felt, Blue label specs, and super tight pockets for 1 pocket. I was told they are 3 3/4 inches. crazy. Glad you found some action.

I think SandCastle has a table or two at 3 3/4. That’s just stupid tight. I normally play on 4 1/8 tables and that’s more than enough tight, but the Diamond plays good at that.

Where’s Big Money? Google found it.

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the action Dan. Cushions is a nice place. The Diamond ProAm with 4 1/8 corners played well. Those three Gandy’s are horrible. I don’t even think their good for fire wood.
Was definitely a pleasure Jim, I agree on the Gandy's as well. They planned on replacing those with Diamonds, but COVID-19 started up just as they were putting the plan in motion. My guess is the next time you're out here, it will be an all Diamond room. Then again, by then I should have my place up and running as well.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

Cool - and agree Cushions is a nice place. Used to play there occasionally with Tom Simpson. I'd stopped in there this winter and a film crew and making a movie. I got there before filming, didn't catch the name of the flick, just know they'd hoped to release it this Fall sometime. If anyone knows, let me know!

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool - and agree Cushions is a nice place. Used to play there occasionally with Tom Simpson. I'd stopped in there this winter and a film crew and making a movie. I got there before filming, didn't catch the name of the flick, just know they'd hoped to release it this Fall sometime. If anyone knows, let me know!
Found this thread somehow.

It’s a 9 minute short:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think they have 3 9 footers, there is an older Diamond right next to the bar.

I played there a few times while in the area for work, nice place but their tournament does not open up the tables, so you need to pay for each game. I did the worst thing possible in their 10 ball one which is go deep but finish just out of the money, costing me the maximum amount possible to play in it LOL After that I no longer play in any tournaments that make you pay for table time. Even if I cashed, the money spent on table time and a couple of drinks would basically be even, if I won, I would be up like $20 for sitting there all night.

I played in Cushions often, usually on the Diamond but also a couple of times on the GC1 next to it with ashtrays in it. I was there often enough that the bar tender said I could use it if I wanted to, it's a very tight table, I was told it's the personal table of some woman pro player, but I never got her name. They also made you pay for table time during their tournament, did not play in that one.

Last edited: