Is this cloth install normal?

wafflemaker

Registered
I got a home table today and after the installers left I noticed I can see where in the cloth was cut in each pocket. Is this normal?
7a48729a1771a1097eed65babf02678d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here is how it COULD look :)

I got a home table today and after the installers left I noticed I can see where in the cloth was cut in each pocket. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (2).jpg
    76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (2).jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 601

wafflemaker

Registered
That's a big difference, would I be crazy to complain or do you think this is common?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Pretty common for home rec/ furniture installers.
They most likely are not coming back on that! Just be careful who you hire, make SURE they are using the Simonis Factory Installation method!!

That's a big difference, would I be crazy to complain or do you think this is common?

Yes, there are still cuts, but they are below the slate line/wood backer. Attached with staples. The method is shows in the Simonis install DVDs. Still takes some skill :)

TFT

Are the cuts that look like triangle wedges still there under the covered strip, Trent? How is that trim strip attached?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
It looks like the rails are offset about a half inch or more to the left of the pocket, that for me would be a bigger issue then the cloth. The pocket angles also look funny but that could just be the picture.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like the rails are offset about a half inch or more to the left of the pocket, that for me would be a bigger issue then the cloth. The pocket angles also look funny but that could just be the picture.
I don’t see how you could tell from the photo shown that the rails are offset or the pocket facings are at the wrong angles. You’d have to see an overhead photo taken from directly above the pocket to be able to tell that.

The 2 or 3 V shaped slits at the pockets - corners and sides, is quite common with most installers. I would say it’s acceptable as long as the highest part of those slits is well below the drop off point on the slate, and as long as there is a cloth strip installed underneath, so that all you see is cloth when you look inside the pockets at the side of the slate. Generally those pocket facing cloth strips are installed with spray glue in each pocket before starting installation of the bed cloth. I would say the photo that Trent showed of his work is extremely rare and exceptional! I wish he was closer to our area as I might get him to do our tables!

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since we're showing pictures of cloth installation techniques, here's a shot of a pocket on my Gold Crown II before the rails were attached. It doesn't have the collar shown above but shows a clean and tight fitment of the cloth.

Attachments

• rsz_img_4620[1].jpg
    rsz_img_4620[1].jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 430

faruk@123

I don't perceive how you could tell from the photograph demonstrated that the rails are counterbalanced or the pocket facings are at inappropriate points. You'd need to see an overhead photograph taken from legitimately over the pocket to have the option to tell that. The 2 or 3 V-formed cuts at the pockets - corners and sides are very basic with most installers. I would state it's satisfactory as long as the most noteworthy aspect of those cuts is well beneath the drop off point on the record, and as long as there is a material strip introduced underneath so all you see is fabric when you look inside the pockets along the edge of the record. By and large, those pocket confronting fabric strips are introduced with shower sticks in each pocket before beginning the establishment of the bed material. I would state the photograph that Trent appeared of his work is very uncommon and extraordinary! I wish he was nearer to our region as I would get him to do our tables! power director pour pc

Last edited: