Buffalo Danny DiLiberto a knock out at 83!

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
Hi pools folks out there,

Just wanted to spread the good word. The oldest living legend of the Johnson City era Buffalo Danny DiLiberto underwent surgery this morning to repair some issues from prior complications. As we all know Danny is no spring chicken at 83 and I've been through all the conversations with him wherein his surgeons outright didn't want to perform such a high risk procedure on a man of his advanced years who had other complications adding significant risk to the operation.

I just received word that Danny pulled through with flying colors and the complications weren't as risky as initial estimates precluded which not only aided in a successful procedure but gave him a new lease on life.

Let's congratulate Danny on still being a bull at 83 and getting into the ring with at best 50/50 odds and coming out with a knock out. Way to go pal!

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi pools folks out there,

Just wanted to spread the good word. The oldest living legend of the Johnson City era Buffalo Danny DiLiberto underwent surgery this morning to repair some issues from a prior complications. As we all know Danny is no spring chicken at 83 and I've been through all the conversations with him and his surgeons who outright didn't want to perform such a high risk procedure on a man of his advanced years who had other complications adding significant risk to the operation.

I just received word that Danny pulled through with flying colors and the complications weren't as risky as initial estimates precluded which not only aided in a successful procedure but gave him a new lease on life.

Let's congratulate Danny on still being a bull at 83 and getting into the ring with at best 50/50 odds and coming out with a knock out. Way to go pal!
Great news and a prayer for Danny's continued good health.
I'm a huge fan of Danny and I think he's one of the best. I may be a little biased, I'm Italian, I was an amateur boxer, and of course I play pool.
I was not the boxer or pool player that he is, but I betcha I could spot him 2 or 3 meatballs eating pasta and meatballs! LOL

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Danny told me a few years ago that he was 78 and blind in one eye...
....”But I WILL win my next fight.”

Well, looks like he was right, again.
:clapping:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great

Great news for one of Pools greats. It was always a lot of fun seeing and talking with
Danny at Derby City during the Executive West era.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go on wit' it, Danny!.. one funny pool player!

"Perfect control!... I got perfect control!"

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Danny told me a few years ago that he was 78 and blind in one eye...

....”But I WILL win my next fight.”

Well, looks like he was right, again.

:clapping:

Yup put ya hands together and stomp yo feet! Names DiLiberto and he can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
great to hear happy news about aging legends of pool
get well soon danny

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The guy's a real winner, I tell ya.

Here's to getting totally well.

Jeff Livingston

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
Awesome, I guess he would say he kept his wallet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A45GUNNER

Registered
Buffalo Danny DiLiberto

I'm glad to see that Danny is still fighting the good fight. He still is as tough as nails!