Bashing other aiming systems

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the record, if anyone has any legitimate questions or comments concerning the fractional aiming method described in Poolology, I'm fine with it. I do not consider questions or people having trouble applying the method described in the book as a form of bashing the system. All issues concerning Poolology can be addressed in a professional and courteous manner.

A comment that simply states one aiming system is better or worse than another is not much help for any player looking for real improvement. Some people find ghostball to be the best, and others don't. Opinionated, blatantly biased comments are not as beneficial as stating why you found some aspect or another of any particular aiming system to be difficult to grasp. I would like to know if there is a particularly difficult problem, and other players that may have overcome the same problem can then provide constructive advice to help others overcome/understand as well. If you're having trouble with my material, please let me know by pm or through a public thread. It makes no difference to me, as long as you've got a copy of the book so that we can address the problem honestly.

Michael S

Registered
Since everyone is built differently with different levels of talent, visual setups (eye dominance), and value systems, different methods work with different people. So if an aiming system works for one person and not another, so be it.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Since everyone is built differently with different levels of talent, visual setups (eye dominance), and value systems, different methods work with different people. So if an aiming system works for one person and not another, so be it.

Exactly. What is challenging for one person could be very simple for another. Such a comparison or personal experience shouldn't be taken as bashing one system or another, but instead should serve beneficial to others, whether you're trying to learn a system or trying to help someone else learn a system.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, how do the moderators and/or posters like us deal with a guy like this who might wander into the Aiming Forum? If nobody can call BS or be honestly critical of anything then is it really still a discussion forum? I'm not saying there shouldn't be limits to speech here, but the line is kind of fuzzy. Maybe just report posts to the moderators that appear to be snake oil and let him/them decide?

https://youtu.be/s60hOgqLFGg?t=54s

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see this on the AZ Billiards......

I THINK THIS IS GREAT. It's real frustrating to know something that you are teaching will help pool players everywhere if they learn it and understand it only to have someone that doesn't, ( But thinks they do ) bash it to the whole world with no chance to retaliate.
Kind of like my dad can beat up your dad mentality?.

I might even start posting on AZ again and try to help AZ members again.

Thanks you Mike and the rest of the AZ crew. The best billiards site in the world....;)

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Gene, I bought your perfect aim videos and go back to them all the time. great info in my opinion.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, how do the moderators and/or posters like us deal with a guy like this who might wander into the Aiming Forum? If nobody can call BS or be honestly critical of anything then is it really still a discussion forum? I'm not saying there shouldn't be limits to speech here, but the line is kind of fuzzy. Maybe just report posts to the moderators that appear to be snake oil and let him/them decide?

https://youtu.be/s60hOgqLFGg?t=54s

Funny stuff. 6 pockets....the difference between a gentleman and bum! Reminds of reading McGoorty.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, how do the moderators and/or posters like us deal with a guy like this who might wander into the Aiming Forum?

Since it's never happened nor unlikely, why do you care?

If nobody can call BS or be honestly critical of anything then is it really still a discussion forum?

But hasn't it been the case where those who have considered themselves to be honestly critical have been the ones full of BS? My guess is YES.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be limits to speech here,

Yes you are

but the line is kind of fuzzy.

Laws and the Constitution of the United States are kind of fuzzy which is why there's a Supreme Court. So what?

Maybe just report posts to the moderators that appear to be snake oil and let him/them decide?

Certainly is a better way to go than have some obnoxious member calling "snake oil" for 20 years that doesn't have a clue.

Here we go again...thanks to Dan.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Tashworth.........

Gene, I bought your perfect aim videos and go back to them all the time. great info in my opinion.

Glad to see you figured it out from the video only. I can't remember if we did the phone lesson.

This does work for everyone. it's just the way the eyes work naturally.

I'm working on the new video with the whole story about these eyes. Being on the road teaching for 4 years solid gave me the ability to learn and learn and learn.

I'm finally back to doing lessons again after 4 major surgeries, the last one was on my neck. Fused c5 c6 and c7. Results from a rear ending from a drunk driver in Peoria in 2013.

Who knows. I might even go back on the road again.

One man a van and the road...........Changing the way players play pool wherever I go......

Thanks again my friend.......

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

Do you really want to see the bashing come to an end? If so, this new rule certainly isn't doing very much.

Your last 3 lines above spell out BAN times. My suggestion is to not have BANS from the entire forum.

But certain individuals who habitually can't control themselves with the CTE Aiming System need to be forbidden to enter any conversation regarding the subject.

#1 on the list is LOU FIGUEROA. He was the primary attacker 20 years ago and still holds a vendetta for it and is the primary attacker today as evidenced in his latest posts. It never stops.

#2 is DAN White.

#3 is BC21, Brian.

#4 JoeyInCali

If #5 is coming back to the forum in the short future it would be PAT JOHNSON. They have no control and revel in their creation of mayhem and dirt.

#6 ENGLISH! Nobody on the planet worse. Around the clock 24/7 posting on all the forums but Aiming is the worst.

Prohibit them from entering into any discussion about CTE or CENTER TO EDGE; starting their own posts about it; interacting with any and all known CTE users reg proponents, and creator of CTE; bringing it up in any other threads related to another aiming system.

Do you want peace and quiet? Try it for one or two months as an experiment and I'll bet the aiming forum gets as quiet as an empty church. If you don't, nothing will change. It's in your hands Mike.

Last edited:

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see what's happening in all the CTE THREADS STOPPED!? This out of control.

Thanks
Tim

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the record, if anyone has any legitimate questions or comments concerning the fractional aiming method described in Poolology, I'm fine with it. I do not consider questions or people having trouble applying the method described in the book as a form of bashing the system. All issues concerning Poolology can be addressed in a professional and courteous manner.

A comment that simply states one aiming system is better or worse than another is not much help for any player looking for real improvement. Some people find ghostball to be the best, and others don't. Opinionated, blatantly biased comments are not as beneficial as stating why you found some aspect or another of any particular aiming system to be difficult to grasp. I would like to know if there is a particularly difficult problem, and other players that may have overcome the same problem can then provide constructive advice to help others overcome/understand as well. If you're having trouble with my material, please let me know by pm or through a public thread. It makes no difference to me, as long as you've got a copy of the book so that we can address the problem honestly.

I have the book. I became disillusioned with “this angle that angle” and location on the table. It became a method that an engineer with a protractor would love to get caught up in from here to eternity. I don’t think pool is that complicated or should be made complicated.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the book. I became disillusioned with “this angle that angle” and location on the table. It became a method that an engineer with a protractor would love to get caught up in from here to eternity. I don’t think pool is that complicated or should be made complicated.

You're right, at first glance the book appears confusing. But the concept is simple and most players find out it's very easy to use for most shots. For those interested in fractional aiming, it's really just a great method to help determine which fractional aim is needed WITHOUT having to use a protractor and without relying on the guesswork involved with traditional fractional aiming methods like the 5-line system.

But it's not for everyone, just as CTE or samba or contact point aiming isn't for everyone.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, at first glance the book appears confusing. But the concept is simple and most players find out it's very easy to use for most shots. For those interested in fractional aiming, it's really just a great method to help determine which fractional aim is needed WITHOUT having to use a protractor and without relying on the guesswork involved with traditional fractional aiming methods like the 5-line system.

But it's not for everyone, just as CTE or samba or contact point aiming isn't for everyone.

Skill...practice...utilizing your subconscious...stop trying to reinvent the wheel...

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Skill...practice...utilizing your subconscious...stop trying to reinvent the wheel...

Good advice as far as skill and practice. But the subconscious needs programmed. For a player that has limited time for practice, and not a lot of experience already, the subconscious mind is not well enough equipped to provide consistent good results. That's why you see the same league players year after year getting no better than they were the year before. They practice very little, and when they do practice its usually on the same old stuff like guessing at contact points or ghostballs. But unless they practice several hours per day these old methods won't become automatic for most. So these players do need a new wheel invented because the old one is warped and full of pits and dings and takes forever to get rolling along. :D

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet again dan white causes another cte thread to be closed. Idk where else to post this. That guy ruins it for everyone

Nice try, Mr. "7 posts" but I'm not taking the bait or the wrap on this one. That thread was doing just fine since June until a certain individual came off his ban with both guns blazing. Read from post 128, below, to the end of the thread. I'm the cause of the thread ending? Really?

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6234709&postcount=128

PS I've reported your post to mgmt because it is an obvious attempt to bait me, Mr. "7 posts"...

Also, if you have a question about one of my youtube videos why not ask an actual question or make a comment instead of just a "?"?