Correct cushion for older Brunswick American snooker table 5x10

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the correct rail cushions for a circa 1950 Brunswick 5x10 snooker table?

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Brunswick Super Speed Rex Fast Style, but they're just a little bit hard to find. :grin:

At our local Senior Center we have 2 older Brunswick 5x10 snooker tables. They were recently recovered & had new rail cushions installed. The rail cushions installed were K55, & there is a mismatch between those & the rail corner cushions. The installers obviously weren't experienced with snooker tables.
IMG_1103.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At our local Senior Center we have 2 older Brunswick 5x10 snooker tables. They were recently recovered & had new rail cushions installed. The rail cushions installed were K55, & there is a mismatch between those & the rail corner cushions. The installers obviously weren't experienced with snooker tables.
View attachment 534953
You put pool cushions on a snooker table? Did it have flat-front snooker cushions before? I've seen pool cushions on tables set up for golf with pool balls. That corner work is pretty bad.

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You put pool cushions on a snooker table? Did it have flat-front snooker cushions before? I've seen pool cushions on tables set up for golf with pool balls. That corner work is pretty bad.

No, I didn't put pool cushions on a snooker table. The "mechanic" informed them that's what was utilized when questioned on his first callback. I just play there...

realkingcobra

Silver Member

The table came with Brunswick Monarch K55 cushions with a nose height of 1 5/16" and rails 1 5/8"ths thick. The Monarch cushions were 1 1/8" wide, not the 1 1/4" wide the way they're made today. And no, they're not the same trianglure profile as the K66 cushions today that are 1 1/8" wide.

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table came with Brunswick Monarch K55 cushions with a nose height of 1 5/16" and rails 1 5/8"ths thick. The Monarch cushions were 1 1/8" wide, not the 1 1/4" wide the way they're made today. And no, they're not the same trianglure profile as the K66 cushions today that are 1 1/8" wide.

Thanks for the info

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member

Is there a replacement rails for the 1 5/8" thicks rails? Best I found was 1 1/4. Asking because I just picked up a 1947ish 5x10

Timkrieger

For playing pool, or snooker?
Reviving this thread because I have the same question about buying the correct cushions for a vintage Brunswick snooker table. I have a 1926 Brunswick 12’, 8 leg, Monroe snooker table. Previous owner tried to do cushion replacement himself and put regular pool cushions on. What cushion do I need, which is best also in terms of quality?

Attachments

• 2FE87ED4-9E00-4E38-96DB-90A2857D7032.jpeg
    2FE87ED4-9E00-4E38-96DB-90A2857D7032.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 64

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Reviving this thread because I have the same question about buying the correct cushions for a vintage Brunswick snooker table. I have a 1926 Brunswick 12’, 8 leg, Monroe snooker table. Previous owner tried to do cushion replacement himself and put regular pool cushions on. What cushion do I need, which is best also in terms of quality?
Northern Snooker cushion, they're the best.